The nature of intellegence
cause
Posted 10/25/2007 2:57 PM (#2761)
Subject: The nature of intellegence

UMS Student

I am starting this thread for the discussion of the nature or metaphysics of intelligence and what it can produce by itself. All posts are (of course) welcome. . . your thoughts anyone?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 10/29/2007 12:35 AM (#2782 - in reply to #2761)
Subject: RE: The nature of intellegence

Cause...you gotta be more specific than that. What are you looking for?
Peace,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 10/29/2007 12:33 PM (#2791 - in reply to #2761)

PhD Alumni

I think we already know everything, but we forgot it all during the re-birth to this realm. We need intelligence in order to survive this experience, or we would be extinct on this planet. Being born with flight / flight we learn to either stand up for our rights or run when the task is too large. We also learn our mistakes so we do not repeat them. Or we would again, DIE. Like touching fire, we learned the first time, fire= hot= ouch. Yet we need it to survive so we respect it, harness it and use it with caution.

The nature of spiritual intelligence is to help us cope with all these mundane tasks and depression from stupid people. Everywhere i go i see stupid people. Maybe not stupid but ignorant and rude. It's enough to make you want to never leave your home. Spiritual intelligence has given me the ability to have some empathy for those ignorant people, that perhaps one day they will realize how silly they are and maybe help a poor person, or open the door for someone else and quit expecting the world to owe them a living.

Spiritual intelligence is what calms us, helps us love, forgive and have peace in our life that we have. Some people find this in their church, but then the church throws in the sinning part and puts demands on being perfect. The church doesn't allow for imperfections and many just cannot live up to it and automatically assume they are doomed for hell. I feel sorry for those people.

My ex husband thinks he is doomed for hell because he is catholic and divorce is a sin that you go to hell over. I find it gullible, but i couldn't live my life stuck to someone who made me want to kill myself. Intelligence told me to get away from that. So i did, and now i am happy.

My husbands ex called the police on me last night. Get this one.... it's a riot. She hates my guts, because i am raising her kids. I didn't do the crap she did to lose her kids, but needless to say, i am raising her kids. My step son wants his hair to grow out a little and likes that it's a little on the longer side and no longer a BUZZ cut. His real mother calls him a girl and puts him down. She finally said to my husband to please cut his hair, he looks like a girl and I said, Ohhh that is BS. He doesn't look like a girl, his hair is barely long, it's just no longer a buzz cut. You see, i am the one who cuts his hair. I am a licensed hair stylist and basically she was ordering ME to cut it and he doesn't want it cut. But i wasn't aloud to talk at all???? But instead she puts down her own kid and calls him a girl. I had enough... i stepped in and said, NO. She flew off the handle immediately, started to climb into my mini-van and started assaulting me and putting me down over anything and everything, she was out of control. I told her to get out of my van and she said NO, so i hit the button to automatically close the door and she HAD to get out of the way. Then she started in the window, screaming and yelling, about climbing in...telling me all the assumed things that i do wrong in my own household and I said, F-this..... and i proceeded to drive away. She was hanging on the arm of my husband, while i was trying to drive away.... (I call that lack of intelligence). She then called the police, to tell them i tried to run her over. What a crock.... and funny at the same time. I do not have to take someone leaning in my van, screaming at me, yelling in front of her kids and being irate. I left..... Buh bye.

Intelligence would be letting go of the person inside the van, when it's driving away. Intelligence would be to be too embarrassed to call the police, because she was too stupid to let go of her ex husbands arm, while trying to insult me, in the drivers seat. Intelligence would be for her to talk rational, and not fly off the handle in front of her kids.

She is in severe need of psychotherapy.... but how can one FORCE someone else to get this?
Our worlds court system is failing, BIG TIME!
LACK OF INTELLIGENCE~ it's everywhere... it's a problem.

Edited by Supernatural3 10/29/2007 12:39 PM
Tracy Martin
Posted 10/29/2007 2:22 PM (#2792 - in reply to #2761)

Alumni

Seems like there is emotional intelligence, mental intelligence, spiritual intelligence. Marty, you wrote to me once about how when we grow older, we take on a newer way of dealing with life, one based on intuition and spiritual wisdom. Expound?

There seems to be a universal intelligence in creation that is shown both in its diversity as well as its interconnections.

From Wickipedia - Intelligence is a property of mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn. There are several ways to define intelligence. In some cases, intelligence may include traits such as: creativity, personality, character, knowledge, or wisdom. However, some psychologists prefer not to include these traits in the definition of intelligence.

cause
Posted 10/29/2007 10:11 PM (#2795 - in reply to #2761)

UMS Student

Marty,
the Question I posed was purposely a generalization. You are however correct that I should make myself more clearly understood. what I was looking for was the qualities that make up intelligence, a ideological or value judgement, and a sense of what it can accomplish.

lyonna,
I agree with your statements in totality. All of your statements express a description of intelligence that i agree with.

Tracy,
I agree with your statement about different types of intelligence. I know there are different types of intelligence. I was thinking of what they all share in common as there name intelligence implies. They are in my opinion similar in their primary qualities.

The reason I started this thread is to gather others insights and verify (or modify) my own beliefs.

studying again,
cause
Shantina
Posted 10/30/2007 3:14 PM (#2797 - in reply to #2795)

My husband is a chiropractor and in that philosophy they believe there is a Universal Intelligence and an Innate Intelligence. Universal Intelligence is like it sounds universal, a pattern, a purpose to the whole universe. There is an intelligence that provides the order. And even if something looks chaotic at one level you can look at it from closer up or from farther away and see that there is order. Innate Intelligence is within Universal Intelligence and is found in all of "Life." So things that express life, plants, animals and such. Innate Intelligence is what the body uses to "know" how to live, to survive, to heal, etc. Again an orderly "Way."

Shantina
mruppert
Posted 10/30/2007 8:57 PM (#2798 - in reply to #2761)
Subject: RE: The nature of intellegence-Slight Digression

Hi all:
     I don't have a lot of time to write...but Doc J: your statement:
"My ex husband thinks he is doomed for hell because he is catholic and divorce is a sin that you go to hell over."
     That is a silly, ignorant, and quite stupid rule made by men who institutionalized and organized the hierarchy of the RC Church. Ireland, one of the most (and older) catholic countries in the world, now recognizes the concept of divorce. That is a feat in itself.
     NO insult intended, but maybe he isn't such a good catholic, as "we" all know that one might be a mass murderer, and a most heinous individual, but as long as one is TRULY sorry for sins, and makes a good Act of Contrition before one croaks...you get to go to heaven!!!!!  Y' see how this becomes farcical!!!!!!!
     I know...this is off topic...I hope to write something on topic later, and I hope it is of some value (ha!....me saying anything of value....)
Peace n' Love,
Marty, and assorted cats, who worship Bastet..they must be Egyptian

Supernatural3
Posted 10/31/2007 7:13 AM (#2801 - in reply to #2761)

PhD Alumni

Yeah, I was making the point of lack of intelligence on that part. LOL He was raised Catholic and went to catholic school as a kid. They were real strict back then and who knows what kind of garbage was implanted in his subconscious as a kid. But, i do remember him saying that he was doomed and it was out of his hands, Thanks to me. Talk about guilt.... for about 5 minutes.
I cannot understand any religion that would do that to people period. I do not think intelligence was on their side.

Where has intelligence gone? or maybe just some common sense.... maybe that is the word i am looking for.

At least we have some real intelligent people here in this forum, it's my relief valve.

Thank you all~
cause
Posted 10/31/2007 10:33 PM (#2809 - in reply to #2761)

UMS Student

I believe intelligence to be that part of us that is our capacity to overcome. I also feel that intelligence is that which conquers, dissects, and desires to "climb the mountain because it is there." I believe it is also our capacity for wisdom and without "spirit" can accomplish nothing. But, we can argue the nature of spirit in another thread. Happy Halloween!
mruppert
Posted 11/2/2007 10:16 PM (#2817 - in reply to #2761)

Hi Cause, Doc, et al:
     Cause, the "ability to overcome"....one group of a species of monkeys (I forget which kind, and am to lazy to look it up) gets to the part of a favorite nut by throwing them down on a hard surface from a great height. Most of their tries results in a pile of mush. However, they have some success, so they keep doing it. Another group, of the very same species, have a defined hard surface. They place the nut on that surface. They then use particularly shaped and weighted rocks to crack the nut open. This groups' success rate is far beyond the other group.
     What is your conclusion?

Doc, not to beat a dead Pope, but I read in another post, I think it was from Litenup, something about "being a good Catholic girl" and I started to laugh...sort of ironically. It made me question if I may be the only person exposed to the RC Church, who has not been somehow "damaged" by the experience. I think a lot of it has to do with having attending CUA, which lost it's designation as a "National Pontifical" university during the late 60's , when the University shutdown due to a student strike over the firing of Father Charles Curran, who simply discussed abortion as a reality of this day and age.
Mind you, he did not advocate it, just mentioned it.
     We felt this was an assault on academic freedom, the freedom to seek knowledge and form opinions, and mold a moral and ethical code to live by. So, the class before me shutdown the University.
      Now, get this! The Pope at that time, I don't even remember who it was, maybe John the XXIII, threatened to excommunicate the entire student body of CUA. And we were, like, SO WHAT! We will still be Catholic and will always be Catholic, as we believe in "God".
     Over many years, I do call myself a Catholic, but I also am many other things. None of which are incompatible with each other. For, I see the RC body of belief for what it really is.
It is a mystical, occult belief. HEALING...we heal through the laying of hands, we heal through the use of objects and elements. REANIMATION/REINCARNATION...we believe that the dead can live again. We believe in angels. We believe in ghosts...one of the entities of "God" is "The Holy Ghost." We believe in the transmutation of elements, the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ. Therefore, we are cannibals and vampyres, as we ingest this (albeit in a bread wafer). And, as you have most likely seen the Exorcist, we have the one and only formalized rite of Exorcism.
     Holy mackeral! I am on a roll. Okay, to close this out, anyone of a modicum amount of intelligence can see that it is MEN who create the canonical laws, the rules, and the definitions of sin that so frighten people. But these men are not the "Church" for the church is the people who come together in spirit and cosmic resonance of belief.
     And, it is like that in every faith, and in all walks of life.
     There will always be people who subvert religion (spirituality) for their own agenda. Just look at Islam!
     The intelligent person can see through the veils of their deceptions.

Pax n' Lux,
Marty plus fidgety cats

Supernatural3
Posted 11/11/2007 10:52 PM (#2876 - in reply to #2761)

PhD Alumni

Marty,
Very nicely written. I had to laugh too.... so true, so true.

I still feel the nature of intelligence is to keep us alive, at least while here on earth. With out our learning ability, we would have all been extinct by now. We are here to experience all that there is, with out intelligence, we wouldn't know how to deal with it.

I do like that it's to raise our vibration and become one with god. But, we are already god. All we have to do is remember.

Love and Light
Rose
Posted 3/31/2008 2:28 AM (#4150 - in reply to #2791)

Student

You said that our world court system is failing big time. We have designed laws that will blanket everyone. There was a time when the jury were from the small town of your or our peers. Now there's so many and the courts were not designed to handle the case loads they currently have.

We need smaller townships, we need places where people know each other. Only then can we get back to Justice real justice and not just the blanketed interpretations of LAW.
mruppert
Posted 3/31/2008 8:57 PM (#4161 - in reply to #2761)

Hello to all and Rose:
     Again, as in a previous response to another thread, I have to point out that the sheer weight of evidence indicates that "small town" justice is, at times, more heinous than larger, anonymous justice. Just look at the Reconstructionist South.
    It is altruisitc to think that because we "know" each other in an intimate way, the dispensing of justice would be better than if we didn't.
    It is an absolute certainty that the quality of mercy suffers  the most in such circumstances. I am sure that those who were about to be lynched sought that mercy, but it was not forthcoming.

Peace n' Understanding,
marty and Paw-lickin good KittyKats