Who Do You Think You Are? Awareness & Spirituality
mruppert
Posted 9/24/2007 12:36 AM (#2624)
Subject: Who Do You Think You Are? Awareness & Spirituality

Hi all:
"I am he as you are he as you are we and we are all together" so sang the Beatles way back in the late 60's. I don't know that John Lennon really realized what he sang.
Science is making great strides in understanding the machinations of the brain, but, having done so, must now turn to awareness.
Above all other primates, why are we significantly aware of ourselves, and why do we "think" or have a " sense" that there is something greater than us?
"We" have, historically, always believed that there is or are forces beyond us...that the world is far more complex than we can understand. And, we have thirsted for the knowledge. But, now that we know exactly what occurs in the brain when one is presented with an apple, seeing it, biting into it, savouring it's flavor, and being very satisfied.....what is it that makes us reflect on all the significance and nuance and memory of what we have just done?

Peace worldwide, particularly for those in need,
Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 9/24/2007 1:07 PM (#2625 - in reply to #2624)
Subject: RE: Who Do You Think You Are? Awareness & Spirituality

PhD Alumni

Perhaps that is the ONLY reason we even come to earth.....is to experience all that there is. This would include everything. Pleasure, pain, good, bad and everything in between. We do a good job of it.
mruppert
Posted 9/26/2007 1:15 AM (#2626 - in reply to #2624)
Subject: RE: Who Do You Think You Are? Awareness & Spirituality

Hi Doc..it is always a pleasure to hear from you!
     I was about to make an analogy concerning my cats, but had to stop, as my cats proved me wrong. They "know" who they are and what thier relationship to me is....but do I know what my relationship to the world is?

Peace,
Marty