"Out of the mouth of babes"
Terri R
Posted 9/1/2007 9:16 AM (#2562)
Subject: "Out of the mouth of babes"

Student

Over the years I have experienced a number of wonderful experiences through the teachings of my children. Yes, my children have been wonderful teachers reminding me things I have forgotten as I grew up and taught to forget.

I would like to share one of these beautiful lessons taught by my daughter who was three at the time. For some reason, the age three in my family seems like a magical year when many lessons were taught by my four children. Stop and listen to what they have to say, you just might be surprised by the messages that they have to offer.

Many years ago, while trying to learn how to astral travel and feeling very frustrated, not really having any way to validate if I was even doing it right, was I really going anywhere or was I just imagining everything.

On one particular morning while sitting at the kitchen table, reflecting about my attempts the night before wondering if I did it, was it real and ready to just give up when my little daughter snuck up from behind me and gave me her good morning hug and whispered to me softly ... "Don't be sad mommy, I saw you fly like a butterfly last night."

I turned to look at her little face and asked her to explain what she was talking about and in a shy manner she smiled and said I saw you flying like a butterfly above the house.

The most ironic part about this was I was flying above the house last night in my attempt to astral travel attempting to look down from above to see if I could see specific details around my yard and house. I was attempting to see if I could observe my house and surrounding areas of my neighborhood but before I could return to an awaken state I fell into a deep sleep, something that happened alot in the beginning.

I still get emotional remembering the "tears of joy" that fell down my face on that memorable morning, my three year old child had just given me the confirmation that I so desperately needed to have faith and trust in myself.

Does anyone else have stories to share? I would love to hear them.

Peace be with you~

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri R
Posted 9/2/2007 9:00 AM (#2565 - in reply to #2562)
Subject: RE: "Out of the mouth of babes"

Student

I have another experience to share that most parents would have just taken as nonsense or child's play or even imaginary. I was Fortunate enough to be on the spiritual path and was open "to the possibilities."

As a young parent and from a spiritual upbringing to some degree I was taught "to listen" to what the children have to say because they are still have an open connection to the Divine spirit. That the children still remember so much that we have forgotten. So with this in mind I will begin the next story in hopes it will open another's eyes and allow them to listen the next time a child around them has something to share ...

One of the most profound experiences I have ever had with one of my children is when my daughter, age three came into the bathroom while I was getting ready for work, doing my make up and asked "what color will you be next time?"

I replied, "I am not sure" I wasn't sure what she was really asking of me, but decided to remain open without judgement to see where this might be going.

She then returned a few minutes later asking me do you know what your name will be next time? And I replied "no" and so I asked her if she knew what her name will be next and she told me "Yes" and told me what it will be, (but I can't remember at this moment what she said). She then ran out of the bathroom, and returned a few minutes later, again.

She then preceeded to tell me that last time she was (the color) blue and next time she will be (the color) red. At the time I had no idea what she was talking about, it was not until several days later when sharing this conversation with my parents to see if they knew what she was talking about. To my surprise they said yes, telling me she is referring to her energy vibration, her aura of energy. And that we supposively incarnate to a higher vibration, which is associated to a color until we have succeeded in our soul journey. And that we continue to climb the vibrational ladder, color prism with each new incarnation.

I know her energy color now to be purple / violet, and the previous color would actually have been blue and the next cyclic color will infact be red. Interesting? 

Anyway, she proceeded to tell me "we had fun last time ... together, we laughed and sang ... but we had no mouths. And we played and chase ... but we had no hands or feet ... and with a big smile she said ... we were just colors!

Some beleive that between incarnations ... we are just energy ... just colors. Makes you wonder?

I highly recommend that we should make time to stop and listen to what our children or other children around us are saying they really may have something of importance to offer us. Some even suggest that our children follow behind us (into this world), so that they may bring messages to us to help remind us of something important.

Do you have something to share that we may all learn from?

Terri R
Posted 9/2/2007 11:10 AM (#2566 - in reply to #2562)
Subject: RE: "Out of the mouth of babes"

Student

I am the mother of four indigo children, and until I read about what that really meant in our course material I never really knew what that meant. It is very interesting and has given a lot of insight that explains many of the experiences I have gone through with my own children.

I am going to continue sharing until someone else feels the desire to share in hopes that I may offer insight into how precious and special our children truly are and that there is a Divine purpose for their presence in our lives not only as our beautiful children, but as teachers that continue to remind us of that which many of us have forgotten.

I will share a time when my youngest child was three (again, must be a magical number) his father suffered from chronic headaches on a daily basis. He would ingest excedrine like candy in an effort to alleviate his pain.

At the time I had little knowledge about Reiki, but would attempt to assist with my children when I knew that they were sick or hurt. I did not know the proper techniques but I knew enough that helped them when needed by trying to pull out their pain or sickness, as if trying to absorb and carry it myself since I was bigger and stronger.

Anyway, on one particular evening my husband was in a lot of pain, the medicine was not helping and I could feel the pain in his head, literally. I knew he was hurting and offered to see if I could assist in trying to remove his pain. In a desperate plea for relief he agreed to allow me to try, hoping for any kind of relief.

Our son, was sitting beside him next to couch not wanting to leave his side, seeing and feeling the pain his father was going through. I asked him to let me sit down beside his father so that I may try to help him as mentioned above. As I began to work on him, thru prayer and Reiki my son quickly spoke out saying “no, mama … not like that!” I stopped and turned towards him after he yelled out, asking what was wrong? And proceeded to say “you are doing it wrong!.” I asked what he was talking about and he said,  “let me show you” … I stepped back to let him next to his father and he placed one hand on his forehead and the other just above the other hand moving it in a clockwise movement. He said, “go this way … to take it out” referring to the clockwise rotating, “and this way” … (showing me a counter clockwise movement) “to put it in.”

I just stood there in amazement watching as my three year old had corrected me and proceed to perform Reiki on his father. I decided to let him continue and just watched from a distance, not wanting to crowd him or make him feel uncomfortable. Amazing as it may sound, a few minutes later, my husband sat up on the couch stating how much better he was beginning to feel.  We just looked at each other in amazement at what just took place.  We knew he was special but until then, we had no idea what special really meant.

I would love to hear about someone else’s experience … big or small it doesn’t matter. I am just extending an offer to you, to share so that we may all learn from them. J