empathic abilities
Darkmanrw
Posted 8/3/2007 7:59 AM (#2465)
Subject: empathic abilities

Hello! Everyone I'm new to this site. Can someone talk to me about empathic abilities? Do any of you know anyone with that kind of abilities?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 8/3/2007 9:12 AM (#2466 - in reply to #2465)
Subject: RE: empathic abilities

PhD Alumni

i know a lot of people with this type of ability. It's when they FEEL other people's feelings and emotions. I.e. They can detect if someone else has a headache, or pain in their body, or their emotional feelings. It can be a blessing, or a curse if uncontrolled or not realized what is going on.
Darkmanrw
Posted 8/3/2007 7:53 PM (#2467 - in reply to #2466)

Thank you for your responce I know someone who really has it. A couple people realized it and abused him witjh it. They sneak around him and do things to themself so he can feel it. They are still doing it. He can hear them talk but he's not hearing them with his ears. He can feel when they're near and they touch themself. He can feel the space between him and the other person. When he is in another room he can hold his hand up and follow them where ever they move.
soulfire
Posted 8/4/2007 12:09 PM (#2468 - in reply to #2467)

Alumni

I have that ability, though not to the degree you describbed your friend as having. He needs practice grounding and shielding (google empath - you'll find a lot of sites with info). This is terribly important or it will ultimately end up ruining his health. He needsa to learn how to close himself off. It never goes away and you can call on it when needed, but you need to be able to control it. And yes, it's a blessing, and a curse.
Darkmanrw
Posted 8/4/2007 12:36 PM (#2470 - in reply to #2465)

That's what he is trying to do. A couple found people out that he had this ability and they are abusing him day and night. He reaally needs help.
Darkmanrw
Posted 8/4/2007 2:27 PM (#2471 - in reply to #2465)
Subject: ---

I want to apologies for the grammatical errors in my last two messages. I was rushing.

Edited by Darkmanrw 8/4/2007 2:40 PM
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 8/4/2007 8:06 PM (#2473 - in reply to #2467)

UMS Student

Hi Darkmanrw

I do have strong empathic abilities myself and I have to say that I have never seen these as a curse. It sounds like your friend is very sensitive and is being given some strong lessons to learn. I very rarely cut off and close myself down because if I do I would not know when someone around me needs my help, and indeed I would not know the best way to help them as I would be cutting off my link with the Universe.

But a very simple way of cutting off is to sit and meditate and then in his minds eye focus on any cords, hooks or whatever that is around him and again in his minds eye cut or do whatever necessary to severe these links. You can help him with this. He needs to pop him into a bubble, inside which he can move around easily, and see out, make the bubble very tough and durable. Then bring down white light from the source, fill the bubble till the white light forms an aura around the bubble. He needs to cast out any fear he might have as this will draw negativity to him and weight him down. If he carries out this process on waking and going to bed each day he will build up a protection for himself. I know that others may say that this is not necessary but in my experience and in this case it most definitely is.

This should help but it will depend on the attitude of your friend towards what is happening around him. He has a gift not a curse, and most likely a gift that he can use to help others. No matter what, he and you must not send any bad thoughts to these people, just send them love and light and allow the Universe to do whatever, if necessary. In the future he will look back and see how they have helped him

Very best wishes

Elizabeth
mruppert
Posted 8/5/2007 12:07 AM (#2476 - in reply to #2465)

Hi Dark:
     Is your friend "sure" that he is empath in nature? There are many other explanations for what you describe. None of which are troublesome once they are understood.

Warm Wishes,
Marty
Laura Phillips
Posted 8/5/2007 5:01 PM (#2482 - in reply to #2465)

I would offer up the point about discernment. Just because someone around us if feeling something doesn't mean we have to take it on, even if we are empathetic to it. For instance, he might be aware that they are doing something or feeling something, but if he doesn't want to personlize it and take it on within himself, he has the freedom to choose that he is free from it. Just because he can feel what others feel, that doesn't mean he has to "follow" it or "indulge" it. He can use discernment and simply use it as another avenue of information coming into the system, just like our five senses deliver information, the sixth sense does too. It is what we do with that information that is what is important. Information about others, what they look like, etc, and what they feel, is just information. Sort information and use it as you wish the same way you do with the five senses.

Just thought I'd throw that in there if it helps!
Darkmanrw
Posted 8/7/2007 8:55 AM (#2490 - in reply to #2476)

Yes! Without a doubt he is an empath. The problem is that most of the abilities came on strong all at once, before he knew what was going on. He thought he was going crazy. I think they developed that was as a defense from what was going on around him.

Darkmanrw
Posted 8/7/2007 10:21 AM (#2492 - in reply to #2490)

Thank you all for your suggestions. The abuse both mentally and physically (I haven’t gone into detail as to what was done to him) my friend suffered from these people was deliberate and intentional. They could see that he was super sensitive to certain things. Their intent was to make him think he was going insane. He’s suffered a great deal over the last 2 years from their abuse. These people have no intentions of stopping. They almost succeed in pushing him over that line. When he was at his lowest point and emotional broken down he turned to God. With God’s help he was able to realize what was happening to him. It’s truly an unbelievable story, but 100% true. At this point the abusive people need to be legally dealt with. My friend is dealing with what’s happing to him. Because these people won’t leave him alone it’s hard for him.
mruppert
Posted 8/7/2007 9:22 PM (#2495 - in reply to #2465)

Hi Dark:
     This is my own philosophy, based on personal experience and many years of coming to realizations and visions of what actually happened, in my so called childhood, which was quite ugly. 
     When faced with such adversity, the ancient nature of "us" as evolutionary higher order beings comes into play....and that is fight or flight.
      In mammals of higher order being, at the lower echelons, the response is corporeal. They choose to fight to protect themselves from harm, or flee to do the same. So do we. So must your friend.
      However, we also experience fight or flight on two other levels.
      The first being that of the "will" or "intellect" For example..."they are trying to drive me insane".....we either fight to protect our ego (no offense to Thomas and IAM from another post) or we flee into a walled off self, a self that has fled from common human discourses, as they proved to be hurtful, dangerous and deadly. People who have chosen this path are oftentimes called "insane", but they are not! They simply are in preservation mode, awaiting the time when threats are removed and they may come out of their walled fortress. Your friend must also make this choice.
     The second level is that of what I choose to call spirituality. We either flee from it by descending into the valley of absolute despair, and thereby abandon all hope, or we fight to climb to a more commanding height of awareness and transcend that which seeks to pull us down. For example, twelve step programs unilaterally encourage people to call upon a higher power, but, in my view, what is really being said is to have faith...not will....but faith in yourself, as a being in a vast network of other beings who have shared the cosmic resonance of the climb to the higher place, the more commanding view. Your friend must also make this choice.
    In summary, your friends answer to the single minded assualt against him,(though purposeful and unrelenting) is to use a three pronged approach...the corporeal, the will or intellect, and the spiritual. In other words, protect his body, shield his self worth (which is ego) and have faith that he may derive strength from a power that is far greater than his alone, but from which he may rise to be one with.
     Faced with this, his tormentors will have but one choice of the two (fight or flight) and they will flee!!!
Peace to you, and waves of energy to your friend,
Marty
Darkmanrw
Posted 8/8/2007 2:11 PM (#2502 - in reply to #2465)

Thank you all again. I think you all are missing my point. I need to know where to go for legal or medical help. My friend has suffered a great deal because of these people. More examples of how they’ve abused him; Two or more of them will stand over of him while one of them will began to play with their pennies, which they know he could feel, or just move it back and forward until his start to move. (He know it’s more than one person standing over him because he can feel the pressure or the force of each one of them standing over him. This is also what they are taking advantage of and using against him). He has to constantly move around his bed or his room to escape them. He could hear them laughing at him. They also keep him from sleeping at night, that’s when they are most active. He feels like he is being rapped or sexually abused every night and sometimes in the day. (I forgot to mention, one of them studied Mental Disabilities or something to that effect and another one is an IT). He is learning how to block them out but they keep at him until they wear him down, so they can get through again. They have no intentions of stopping. He’s heard them say that over and over (he lives in the basement so they are able to get way before he can catch them. Or they stand out side the house near his room).I’m aware that you all have your doubts about the abilities that I’ve mentioned. Or weather to believe me as to the degree of abuse he’s suffered. Most of his abilities developed as a defense against these people. Some of them kick in when he’s being threatened. Some he can do anytime. I sure he is experiencing more than just empathic abilities, but I think that is the strongest. Please take this serious. All of what I’ve said is true. I wish I was making this up for his sake but I’m not. We are in serious need of help. Do any of you know of anyone we could talk to?
soulfire
Posted 8/8/2007 2:30 PM (#2503 - in reply to #2502)

Alumni

Darkmanrw - please look into psychic self defense for your friend. Dion Fortunes book on it can be read for free on the web.

BUT The best book IMO is Practical Psychic Self Defense, by Robert Bruce. You will not find traditional Drs that will believe you. I experience Psychic attack regularly from my inlaws and have had to learn to use symbols, smudging, and amulets/talismans for protection. all of which I learned about from the book above (Bruce). I wear a tiger-eye bracelet to fend of negative energy from others, also, when I feel the need.

Do not think for one minute the people who have responded are not believing what you said. Please read their advice without judgement. What Marty said is important. Also, even if this person is you, and not an anonymous friend, there are things you can do to protect and shield, but sometimes drastic measures, such as moving to another locale, are called for. A friend of mine had to move overseas to HI, to escape attack from a family member. That's an awful lot of saltwater to put between the 2 of them, but it worked. (saltwater is protective).

Blessing to you. ~SF
Supernatural3
Posted 8/8/2007 9:13 PM (#2504 - in reply to #2465)

PhD Alumni

If it's that bad, they should possibly MOVE their location and this time do not tell others about the ability.

Start documenting what is going on by writing it down. Also write down the proof that these things ARE happening and are not in the mind. I mean by having someone else witness, with also taking photos, recording, etc.

We all know psychic events do happen and are real, but we also know that sometimes mental conditions are very real too.

Rule out any physiological / physical medical condition, then work on it spiritually if nothing physical is the cause.

If we give spiritual ways to stop someone from having pain and there is a physical cause, it would do more harm than help. So lets rule out the physical cause and go see a health care physician, Medical Doctor or Psychiatrist.

Most of all, always know there are spirit guides to help.
Blessings~

Christine Breese
Posted 8/11/2007 5:23 AM (#2507 - in reply to #2465)

UMS

Dark magic is rendered inept as soon as you stop believing in the other person's powers. It is belief that the other person has power over you that gives dark magic its juice. Stop believing and you will see.
mruppert
Posted 8/11/2007 9:06 PM (#2510 - in reply to #2465)

Hello Robert:
     There are thralls to power of anykind, whether it be dark magic, white magic, political, social, moral, ethical, psychological, on and on.
      A danger in being involved with those that are enthralled, is that you become enthralled, also. Not to beat around the bush, but to be direct, your words indicate a desperation (the beginning mechanism by which the power begins to exert its thrall over you) which is how I interpret the "juice" that Christine spoke of. You find yourself under the spell and power.
     In the many years of experience that I have , I have always ordered those with me who are feeling threatened in any way by doing what we are doing, to leave and leave now! Things that go bump in the night are simply sources of enquiry to me, but represent very real threats to others, harmful threats.
     Help is at your fingertips, but your friend must remove himself from the situation immediatley if there is the boding of imminent harm.

Ambulatio intro pax, vale!
Marty
Danjummai
Posted 8/14/2007 5:08 AM (#2513 - in reply to #2465)

PhD Alumni

Hi Darkman,

You may send over your friend's name and the name of his mother to my private mail if his case be that serious, and I will in turn  present his case to my 'Precision Healing' friends to 'neutralize' him, if you agree, before us here on board, based on a time span that will be chosen by you or whoever is going to foot the bill, time span begginning from four week to four months, which ever time you choose. Payment will be made through UMS,a kind of your money back guarantee, if UMS agrees. So I will expect that you keep us posted of your friend's development and if possible to seek volunteers from this forum who will physically monitor his progress. We'll make everything as 'Forum' as possible if we agree.

Blessings! 

Tracy Martin
Posted 8/20/2007 6:45 PM (#2529 - in reply to #2513)

Alumni

Hi, UMS cannot be involved with the exchange of money for services offered on the Discussion Board, nor do we wish to endorse or disparage anyone's personal practices, nor encourage the use of the Discussion Board for advertising or enlisting clients for paid services.
Supernatural3
Posted 8/21/2007 1:37 PM (#2530 - in reply to #2465)

PhD Alumni

There are many Paranormal Investigation groups out there that would check out your situation for FREE. They would document anything and everything and most groups have intuitive or psychics on hand too. Do a search in your area for paranormal investigations and your city and state. If they try to CHARGE you.... pick another team. Just a suggestion~
cause
Posted 9/14/2007 6:29 PM (#2585 - in reply to #2465)

UMS Student

I am glad that problems seemed to be resolved in this post, but I was hoping the forum would be reopened to discussion of the empathic. I was hoping we could reexamine the idea of the empathic and phenomena we experience with its root in empathy.

Getting to know ourselves and our emotions may be an important step in the formation of empathic awareness. With this knowledge we may find the stability to grow a true understanding of the emotive world around us. Without we will be unable to help ourselves emotional not to mention others and we will be unable to function empathicaly.

I have read few books that describe the process of understanding other peoples emotions intuitively to my satisfaction and have interest in the area. I believe empathic states to be the foundation of channeling and other psi phenomena. As such, they interest me. I hope others share my interest.

cause
Rose
Posted 3/16/2008 10:44 PM (#3838 - in reply to #2507)

Student

You are so correct about dark magic being rendered powerless when the abused stops believing. Good point.
paddy
Posted 7/29/2010 3:39 AM (#19687 - in reply to #2465)

I find this topic interesting because some part of me I consider as a psychic empath.

An important coping mechanism I learned from Antera (author of Twin Flames, w/ Omaron),
she taught the importance of becoming transparent, where energies pass unperturbed and
are simply witnessed from a detached perspective.

Along that metaphor seem likewise abilities to absorb and emit. Many pets stories have
circulated where pets have taken on symptoms of the owners. Possibly pets can behave
empathetically absorbing. Other stories exist of healers who absorb and ground out energies
of those they work to help heal.

One time I saw Dr.Zhi Gang Sha (Author of Power Healing) and he suggested that many
people have auras that extend well beyond themselves. It may be that empaths have such
extended auras and with that comes some degree of vulnerability and care.
In this sense, allowing distance (emotional and physical) can be a great peace maker.

In the now,
I habitually question consciously my feelings by asking "is this about me or someone else?"
Typically I'll be able to discern quickly, whereafter whatever feeling came to my attention
quickly dissipates. Some claim that good energetic tuning can allow one to process extreme
feelings within a few minutes to recover back to a neutral balanced state.

I imagine many people dose themselves with Anti-pschotic or Anti-depressant medicines
that afford them a numb emotionless state regardless of conditions, with which to manage
such things as the dark nights of the soul or things like difficult to understand empathetic
stimulus, however from my perspective a meditation practice may allow a person to grow
their spiritual discernment by such catalysts without stunting emotions using drugs.

Americans probably spend billions of dollars on drugs each year dealing with such issues,
sad to say, (drug induced emotional disconnects as the downfall of many relationships.)

paddy