Racism?
I AM
Posted 7/11/2007 7:01 PM (#2175)
Subject: Racism?

Hello all...

I'm new to this forum and I'm about 99% sure that I'm going to be taking the courses here at UMS. However, I wanted to throw a question out their to you enlightened spiritual beings of the Most High.

What can we do as current and future Metaphysicians to end the suffering that racism brings. This country is still suffering from the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade that occurred about 500 years ago. I have a deep level of passion to heal the minds of us through mindful understanding. It seems to me that the majority of white Americans still suffer from the slave master's mindset as do the African-American communities are still suffering form the slave man mindset. These mindset's are operational today through our subconscious.

I know and believe that the folks on this discussion forum has gone beyond racism through our knowledge of Self which is nothing more than the truest knowledge of God.

So brotha's and sista's, how can we see each other as ONE Self rather than seeing each other as separate beings ... separated by not just racism but social class, cities, countries and other forms of illusion that’s keeping us divided.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
NothingEverything
Posted 7/11/2007 10:54 PM (#2177 - in reply to #2175)
Subject: RE: Racism?

UMS Student

First we must try to help others understand that there is only really one race; the human race.
I AM
Posted 7/12/2007 4:34 AM (#2179 - in reply to #2175)

Thank you NTET:

That is soooo true. We must first understand that we are ONE race of beings ... the Human Race! But my question is, how do we get people to see it this way? How do we destroy the very wall that has kepted us divided for thousands of years?

I feel like once we can end racism we end war and poverty.
Supernatural3
Posted 7/12/2007 10:25 AM (#2181 - in reply to #2175)

PhD Alumni

I agree. We all bleed red. Does not make a difference who we were physically born from.

But on the human front, it would be nice if they quit giving "special tests" and EXTRA points for heritage. It should be the one who knows the job best gets the job. And not winning the job, because the gap of racial balance needed filled. We all have the the same brain to fill with message units and
education is all equal anymore and it's very important that opportunities exist for us all equally. It's getting better every day.

The minute someone lets them self become a victim to need special bonus points or lower test score standards due to race, then they instantly become the victim by choice. Our government isn't helping much with this aspect. So it's up to US to know we are all equal.

I do not feel race effects me personally, because i do not treat anyone different unless they offend me directly. Then i will just defend myself regardless of race, however.... my personal goal is to help anyone who is in need, regardless of their birth culture.

I honestly wish we would all be a blend of everything, so race would not be an issue. But sooner or later it will happen anyway and we will all appreciate the uniqeness that each and everyone of us truly has with in, which is our higher self.

Blessings~

Card Zero
Posted 7/12/2007 11:10 PM (#2190 - in reply to #2175)

Greetings I AM,

I find it is not enough to simply strive to treat all people equally on a personal level. Of course change begins with the self, but institutionalized racism still exists all over the world. It is a lifelong quest for every human being to propel our societies forward in ending institutionalized racism rather than just maintaining the status quo. If a person starts a foot race with a head start of 100 meters on everyone else, it is not enough to just say halfway through the race "okay nobody gets any more head starts!" you still have to deal with the runners still in the race who didn't get a head start. I hope that analogy made sense!

I find the greatest resources for methods to combat racism on a personal and institutional level come from the cultural and scholarly works of people of all different races. The more we know about people whose cultures differ from our own and their experiences, the better we can communicate with them. It's my personal belief that the core of racism is ignorance, and when that is obliterated the institution cannot stand.

mruppert
Posted 7/12/2007 11:11 PM (#2191 - in reply to #2175)

Hi all:
Hmmmm......NTET seems to be a name that sticks, you have been reborn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, there was a NatGeo(?) special where this Scandanavian guy traces his roots via a genetic anomaly throughout the world and winds up in, I think it was Mongolia, after being in Europe, Africa, the USA, etc. The peculiar genetic anomaly can only be passed by breeding amongst a threaded gene pool. So, this guy is, indeed, related to all of those that share this particular gene strand. Believe me, the European, African, and Mongolian looked nothing like him with regard to features or color of skin. The American had the same skin tone, but that was about it for commonality.
Living proof that we are all related somehow, someway.
I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and lived in a federal housing project , whose residents were predominately black, then Puerto Rican (not Hispanic, exclusively PR-due to the years that this occured and the history of our relationship with Puerto Rico), white, and oriental in that order.
As kids, we HAD NO CONCEPT of race, we only thought of friends and enemies.
I did not actually "see" racism at work until I came to Washington, DC to attend college, when I just turned 17 (well, I skipped two grades, that is why I was so young). I could not believe the "Coloreds Only" signs at some facilities. This, in my nation's capital! (Some of you are from other countries which is why I say "my").
I cannot explain racism, but I can say that it has become institutionalized, and perhaps even championed. Universities now teach diversity, but shouldn't they be teaching universality?
Regards, and Peace Profound,
Marty
NothingEverything
Posted 7/13/2007 7:48 AM (#2197 - in reply to #2179)

UMS Student

I AM - 2007-07-13 5:34 PM

Thank you NTET:

That is soooo true. We must first understand that we are ONE race of beings ... the Human Race! But my question is, how do we get people to see it this way? How do we destroy the very wall that has kepted us divided for thousands of years?

I feel like once we can end racism we end war and poverty.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make people see, they have to see for themselves.
The truth is never taken from another, one carries it always with oneself.
America is an easy place to inspire people with notions of unity.
But throughout the world, subjugation of people according to their ethnicity and even gender runs through the veins
of our own brothers and sisters. Atrocities to humans and Earth are committed by the thousands every passing second.
But great leaps towards a mentality of love and unity can be made by first tearing down our own walls and accepting our
brothers and sisters unconditionally. After all, through changing ourselves we change the world, remember, we are already one.
I AM
Posted 7/13/2007 5:14 PM (#2200 - in reply to #2197)

To: NTET

Very well put!!!!!!!!!

Edited by I AM 7/13/2007 5:15 PM
I AM
Posted 7/13/2007 5:48 PM (#2201 - in reply to #2175)

Racism is an emotional disease that plagues the very person that is attacted to it. In order for mind and body to be consumed in racism one must have a sense of self hatred. How can you love others when you have no love for self? Through our feelings of self hatred we allow the watering of seeds that destroys the fabric of being. We water the seeds of destruction by allowing negative energy to dwell within our circle of influences.

Just as the Spirit, Higher Self, God Self, Soul or whatever you decide to call this Divine Intelligence, uses our brain as a tool to operate the body, so do we as conscious beings of insight must us tools to educate the masses. The tool ... Knowledge of Self through proper education.

In order to educate those about knowledge of Self, we must first understand that having knowledge of Self is having the divine knowledge of God and you can't have one without the other.

Proper education means constant elevation! This means that proper education is supposed to cultivate what God has put within so that those of us who are cultivated can share with those who are not. Not for our own personal glory or political gain, but for Divine purpose.

Praise belongs to God who is the nurturer and the care-giver of it's creatures and evolves them and makes them sustain greatness and wisdom so that they can reach a level of spiritual consciousness and excellence.

Let's help end racism, poverty, war and other means of human destruction by being the tool of Self knowledge for the human family.

I love you all because you're me. And ... I AM present!
mruppert
Posted 7/13/2007 11:55 PM (#2203 - in reply to #2175)

Hi all....
Harli expressed some interesting insights, much of which I agree with.
NTET said "America is an easy place to inspire people with notions of unity"...hmmm....I do not think it easy at all.
I was in a tavern and got drawn into a conversation about the proposed legislation concerning illegal "aliens" in this country. However, the "gentlemen" in our discussion did not use such term, but, instead, used terms that I dare not write, for fear of offending people.
I asked one simple question, and that was "who among you will mow the gdmnd grass, dig the gdmnd ditches, and clean your gdmnd toilets for five bucks an hour....which one of you is going to take any of those jobs"? And, I got the typical American answer...."you wanna take this outside?"
On the other hand, all the good intentions and understanding in the world will not allow you to walk unmolested in Desire, Nawlins (New Orleans for northerners); Mother Cabrini in Chicago; or Anacostia/Southeast in Washington, DC. Your life expectancy diminishes with each step you take, if the color of your skin happens to be not in agreement with those that live there.
Racism is not only ugly, but it is deadly, in many more ways than have thus far been expressed in this post.

In Peace,
Marty
NothingEverything
Posted 7/14/2007 7:31 AM (#2205 - in reply to #2175)

UMS Student

I only meant "easy" in a relative perspective, in many less free countries, like parts of Africa, and the middle east, where immigrants are refugees, those kinds of conversations would never take place at all, for words fall on deaf ears and negotiations are replaced with genocide and mass subjugation. However, this does not subtract from Marty's point at all. Ignorance and nonacceptance are still a doctrine that so many employ to their own disadvantage, but like i said before, you cant get them to abandon their beliefs. The mentality that is so unaccepting of other humans is going to find it hard to accept even others points of view that don't mirror their own.
Dancer
Posted 7/14/2007 11:50 PM (#2211 - in reply to #2175)

UMS Student

The best way I can see to deal with it is from a quote from a very wise man......

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

We can't force change in others' views unfortunately, but we can face the world with our own love and shine it as bright as possible. It will be contagious!

mruppert
Posted 7/15/2007 2:04 AM (#2215 - in reply to #2175)

Hi Dance and NTET:
Dancer, what do you do when the fruit of racism is right in your face? When wisdom is neither a weapon or a shield?
NTET, I would like to ask you.... if you believe that a more powerful...hmmmm...entity...let's say nation.....recognizes that genocide is occurring; does that entity and/or nation have a moral obligation to intercede in the act?

Regards,
Marty
brave_new_world
Posted 7/15/2007 7:41 AM (#2219 - in reply to #2175)

Personally all I think that needs to be done is to promote the concept of infinite consciousness, Allah or whatever you wish to name 'It'. The more people see this as true reality the more they will break away from the mind which catalogues things as separate and in margins.

The question then lies as to how do we see each other as ONE and not separate? There are various means and methods. However I think loving without judgement all things the best we can is a good universal means that if done to the best of one's ability will point one in the right direction.

How do we love unconditionally? That takes practice, I myself am not very good at it but the logic of it satisfies my intuition nevertheless. Here is a little conversation of how to love perfectly I found:

I onced asked the Bishop of Geneva (Francois de Sales) what one must do to attain perfection. "You must love God with all your heart," he answered, "and your neighbour as yourself."
"I did not ask wherein perfection lies," I rejoined, "but how to attain it." "Charity," he said again, "that is both the means and the end, the only way by which we can reach that perfection which is, after all, but Charity itself. . . Just as the soul is the life of the body, so charity is the life of the soul."
"I know all that," I said. "But I want to know how one is to love God with all one's heart and one's neighbour as onself."
But again he answered, "We must love God with all our hearts, and our neighbour as ourselves."
"I am no further than I was," I replied. "Tell me how to acquire such love."
"The best way, the shortest and easiest way of loving God with all one's heart is to love him wholly and heartily!"
He would give no other answer. At last, however,the Bishop said. "There are many besides you who want me to tell them of methods and systems and secret ways of becoming perfect, and I can only tell them that the sole secret is a hearty love of God, and the only way of attaining that love is by loving. You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; and just so you learn to love God and man by loving. All those who think to learn in any other way deceive themselves. If you want to love God, go on loving Him more and more. Begin as a mere apprentice, and the very power of love will lead you on to become a master in the art. Those who have made most progress will continually press on, never believing themselves to have reached their end; for charity should go on increasing until we draw our last breath."

---Jean Peirre Camus

Awesome aye?! If only all Christian priests could give advice like this!

Edited by brave_new_world 7/15/2007 7:44 AM
brave_new_world
Posted 7/15/2007 7:45 AM (#2220 - in reply to #2177)

Well said comrade!
NothingEverything
Posted 7/15/2007 8:13 AM (#2221 - in reply to #2215)

UMS Student

mruppert - 2007-07-16 3:04 PM

Hi Dance and NTET:
Dancer, what do you do when the fruit of racism is right in your face? When wisdom is neither a weapon or a shield?
NTET, I would like to ask you.... if you believe that a more powerful...hmmmm...entity...let's say nation.....recognizes that genocide is occurring; does that entity and/or nation have a moral obligation to intercede in the act?

Regards,
Marty

I love that you are part of these forums Marty.
Do the stronger have a moral obligation to protect the weak?
According to my morals yes, of course, I prove it every day in my line of work.
But many could argue me I'm sure, Charles Darwin is one that I am sure
would embrace the stronger conquering the weak.
There are so many shades to this question, I love it.
A moral obligation is a need to commit to an offense to ones code of morals.
Those morals will be interpreted differently, I believe, throughout humanity.
Some can say it is a part of life to end life.
I would say it is part of life to embrace both life and death as the same.
Some fear death so only embrace life.
There are many people in the world who see killing other humans as natural or even necessary.
are they out of touch with a universal sense of morals that we all seem to have or is that not really a universal sense?
The strength of that entity in modern times seems only to mean they can manage an economy, this goes for many kinds of
entities now days, from people to nations, and require no attachment to morals in order to become strong.
so in modern times we may see a stronger entity embracing atrocities such as genocide and recognize only financial obligations.
turning human lives into currency has been around since the creation of currency.
In conclusion, i think we will find it rare that the strong will express any moral obligations at all.
And embrace, instead, only that which makes them stronger reguardless of conscience.
And my greatest fear in this is that the moraly strong will become the weak in a world without morals.
kader
Posted 7/15/2007 5:41 PM (#2226 - in reply to #2175)

because peoble use ther mind not there concence that why we have racism
that aplies for other bad peoble
i tread everyone the same it does not matter what race because i never saw anybodys color
Dancer
Posted 7/16/2007 3:26 PM (#2233 - in reply to #2215)

UMS Student

mruppert - 2007-07-15 2:04 AM

Hi Dance and NTET:

Regards,
Marty

I believe those who 'got r' done' in the past using the best means were those who stood in the face of the bullies or racists or whatever and stood their ground and held their love. Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, etc. Those were the ones who made a difference. Strong people!
What I was trying to get across is when dealing with general racist attitudes from the common folk, living your love is the best choice. Maybe if enough of us stand for seeing us all as ONE race, pretty soon the racists will be in the minority and won't have much backing.
Dancer
Posted 7/16/2007 3:30 PM (#2234 - in reply to #2233)

UMS Student

On another website I frequent somebody just offered up this quote...

"Do not fight the system or try to change what is, but instead invest your energies in creating something new.."

Buckminster Fuller

I guess that's what I was getting at.
mruppert
Posted 7/16/2007 11:33 PM (#2248 - in reply to #2175)

Hi NTET and Dance:
You both have expressed some profound ideas. You know, Dance, I had forgotten about Buckmaster Fuller. I think the quote you offered is very poignant...and in a way it is in keeping with what NTET said.
And, I would go further than you do, NTET, in your assessment.
I do believe, that a term that I use very loosely and freely, and that is "spirituality", might be the key to a door. A door that opens to a "New Age".
Aquarius and I sort of "flirt" around and around about this. Aquarius sees it as "coming" with the change in astrological orientation. I see it as a necessity that cannot be waited on.
It is my belief that we have wounded this planet, to the extent that war, racism, and greed will become tertiary considerations, simply because we will be in a fight for basic survival on an individual level.

Peace Profound,
Marty
Thomas
Posted 7/16/2007 11:49 PM (#2250 - in reply to #2175)

We must help people understand and be comfortable with who they are. Self awareness dissolves the Ego and allows for right thought which leads to right action.
I AM
Posted 7/16/2007 11:57 PM (#2252 - in reply to #2250)

Thomas - 2007-07-16 11:49 PM

We must help people understand and be comfortable with who they are. Self awareness dissolves the Ego and allows for right thought which leads to right action.

That is sooooo true. The ego is that inner self that feeds off fear, guilt, depression, anxiety and the like. We must stop watering those seeds and water the seeds of love, compassion, peace, happiness, prosperity, and abundance. We must show people that they are greater that what they've been taught to believe. We must and we will. This is my purpose and our duty!
mruppert
Posted 7/17/2007 8:39 PM (#2270 - in reply to #2175)

Hello Thomas and I AM,
In my humble opinion, I think you all confuse ego with superego. Ego (which is the sense of self worth) should work in harmony with Id, which are the baser instincts, needs and feelings residing in the "unconscious" mind. The harmony should be in perfect balance, as is the traditional depiction of yin and yang.
I believe what you guys speak of is "superego." It is that which, though acting as conscience, reflects the societal mores and standards that have been "learned."
Ego and Id are us.....it is what we are made of! The Superego is what makes one of any of us a saint and the other of any of us a monster.
Further, if you suppress the ego, the more likely you are to embrace the superego, which is usually external and antithetical to selfhood.
All of us have "self worth" which equals ego.
With wishes of Peace Profound,
Marty
Thomas
Posted 7/17/2007 9:17 PM (#2271 - in reply to #2175)

You say tomato, I say Thomato.
I AM
Posted 7/17/2007 11:57 PM (#2280 - in reply to #2175)

Hello mruppert,

No one is confused. You see your world through your own eyes and belief window. If you associate the "Ego" with "ID" that's perfectly fine.

For me, the ego is the ego whether super or not. Self worth equals my higher Self or the Spirit or Divine Wisdom. What is ID? When you live from your highest Self, there is no ego or Id because everything in this realm is ONE. There's no seperateness. The ego or "super ego" creates seperateness amongst the human family and our environment.

I detach myself from my ego because I see life through my spiritual eye. I see myself in the tree. I see myself in the bird. I see myself in the working ant. I see myself in YOU!

When I look at life this way, there is no room for the ego for the ego is attached to everything physical. Through my growing process, I want to transcend duality and you can only do that by detaching yourself from the ego!
mruppert
Posted 7/19/2007 1:35 AM (#2293 - in reply to #2175)

Hi I Am:
Well then, you have my apology, as I did not understand what you said.
I wish that I could see as you do, as it is almost godlike, an omnipresent eye.
In reading and re-reading what you said, it leaves me still with a question...and if you will permit me.....
snip from your post <"I want to transcend duality and you can only do that by detaching yourself from the ego!">
The question is this....if you do "see" why do you "want" and why must you detach yourself from your own self worth, that which is intrinsically you?

With Warm Regards,
Marty
mruppert
Posted 7/19/2007 2:04 AM (#2294 - in reply to #2175)

And Hello Thomas!
Believe me, I didn't mean any disrespect for what you said! I do say "tomahtoh" to Americans and "tamadah" (I'm from Brooklyn, NY) to Brits, just to have a little fun.
My point, though ill received, was that you do have "self worth." You can have prescient spirituality, but you will still have "self worth" ...and that is ego.

With Warm Regards,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 10/16/2007 7:14 AM (#2707 - in reply to #2175)

PhD Alumni

I think anyone who believes in killing a crowd of people, due to where they live, is wacked in the head. Innocent people die, because of religious BS. I don't think it's due to RACE, it's due to EGO, POWER TRIPS and those feeling they HAVE to be right.

When one opens the mind, blood starts to mean nothing.
Shantina
Posted 10/16/2007 1:19 PM (#2710 - in reply to #2175)

Duality IS the idea that we are seperate from everything and anything. Racism is one of the many manifestations of this feeling. Duality is the reason we come up with ways to define ourselves as different from others. It encompasses the idea that humanity is seperate from everything else and that each human is seperate from other humans. This manifests on many levels, biologically, regionally, religiously, politically, globally, and on and on. But the feeling that we are seperate is the basis for it.

Shantina
NothingEverything
Posted 10/18/2007 4:47 AM (#2717 - in reply to #2175)

UMS Student

Lyonna - 2007-10-18 2:53 PM

i happen to view dualism as a truth that is unchangeable, not in accord with anyone's perception
some examples of dualism is: love vs hate
conscious vs unconsciousness
nothing can change the natural duality in the above concepts
duality is like a pole, where love is one end of the pole and hate is another end of the pole

since there is a variety of races in this world, that is multiculturalism not dualism
when a japanese marries an english, it will be very difficult for anyone to work out which race this person belongs to - to be racist towards

china originally was made up of different feudal kings, they fought, and people mix in together
and eventually the land expanded, with obviously a mixture of different culture
england was hoping to expand by dominating other countries like china, india, africa but it is difficult for them, because they live in a far off small piece of land that is almost bound by sea

suppose everyone intermarries, that will be quite interesting
i met a german man and his korean wife, his belief is his hybrid children are prettier and smarter, i think these kiddies already would have had a head start on knowing that racism is for 'immature brainwashed adults'

I am an American of Irish/German decent, and I am married to a Japanese women, our daughter Nevaeh is mixed ethnicity.
It is a beautiful thing and I believe, the only possible course of action before you eventually revert to incest.
We only recognize one race on this planet, that is the human race. But that too may be untrue, but that's another subject.
Our outlook on life is one that dissolves the perception of duality all together, since one pole does not exist with out the other, they are one, and therefore not separate. Many of these dualistic concepts are creations of a shattered conscience and an out of control mind, conditions of a producer/consumer lifestyle based around monetary gain and possession acquisition to establish a social status. This same mentality is the root of racism, for in an attempt to further ones social status and false power, it is important to keep other groups of people as low as possible while the elites maintain power and status, after all, someone has to do the dirty work. In closing, there is no separate races of humans that we know of at this time, only slightly varied genetics.
If people insist on being "puritans" then their genetic code will de-evolve and mutate as incest becomes more frequent.
Also, the lack of acceptance, compassion, and diversity is terrible for spiritual evolution.
In fact, as i see it, its disgusting and shallow to breed with someone similar to yourself.....
But that's only my opinion.
mruppert
Posted 10/19/2007 8:23 PM (#2719 - in reply to #2175)

Hi all:
From NTET's post:
"In closing, there is no separate races of humans that we know of at this time, only slightly varied genetics."
How true!
That is why I think it is well worth the time to watch the NatGeo show that I mentioned about the guy who traced a long line of people who exhibit a particular strand of gene that he shares...that can only be passed on by inheritance. It shows that a white as snow guy is related to the aboriginal dude and the Mongolian dude. This is true! It proves to me that we all came from one people, and that the rainbow of people we see today, comes from environmental adaptations and "pool" breeding. For example, I do not have the gene strand that is associated with Tay-Sachs disease, though my forebears came from an area that had many people that do have it, at least up to WWII. What is the defining factor? Those of Jewish faith mainly marry others of their faith. The gene strand gets passed on, and strengthened in a "closed pool" of breeding. My forebears were Catholic. I do not suffer from sickle cell anemia. Why? The gene strand for that was "confined"  by a geographically closed pool of people, who were only forceably removed from their continent, in earlier times.
Do a simple Mendel box of two people, one with blue eyes (with brown eyes gene), blue is recessive, and one with brown eyes,  brown is dominanat  (with blue eyes gene).Should they have four kids, one will have blue eyes, one brown, but the other two....ah.....they most likely will have brown eyes, as brown is the dominant gene.
As NTET said, this is varied genetics! And, it is only a benign manifestation of "race", at least for our Blue/Brown eyed hypothetical race  of people. But, if those blue eyed people in this gene pool sought to marry and procreate only with other blue eyed people because blue eyes are "pretty", we have the nucleus of a problem, but not necessarily a bad one. HOWEVER, when they seek to do this because they believe blue eyed people to be superior to brown eyed people, you now have a big problem, and the problem can quite properly be labled RACISM.
Soon, in our hypothetical society you will hear how brown eyed people are dirty, lazy, stupid, commit most of the crimes,  take drugs, sponge of the  government, can't hold a job, are sexually promiscuous, on and on and on.
     Our starting couple, who had the sense of self worth (ego) to produce four lovely children, have now spawned a "group" of people who have no ego...but a superego......a psyche that developed by the incorporation of the moral standards of "the community", i.e. the so called superior blue-eyes.
     I know that people want to freely substitute the word "ego" for what is being discussed here, but it is the "superego" that causes what is discussed here. It is not you...as an individual, with your own sense of self worth that is at fault, it is the belief systems that supercede ego with a  dangerous and deadly world view that is the problem.
     Let me put it this way....what is the one problem that nullifies the lives of many children born and raised in poverty and deprivation? The kids have no sense of self worth (ego), of self esteem. Putting little stars on ghetto kids papers in school, when they go to school, and when they go to a school that is not interrrupted in the process of learning by police, gunfire, gang fights, etc. does absolutley nothing for them.....though the cogniscenti of educators seem to think it gives them "self esteem" like it is a gift that can be doled down to the less fortunate. (By the way, this is in and of itself, a form of racism.)
These kids need a boost of ego, they need to know that their lives are precious to themselves, and that there is meaning in their lives.
     Let me put it another way, people in various kinds of twelve step programs...well, the first thing is that they  turn it all over to a "higher power."  Okay! But, what are the rest of the steps? They  have to take a moral inventory, they have to make amends to people they have harmed, continue to take a moral inventory, and so forth. All of which is designed to give one a sense of self worth (ego). It is only then, that one can move on to the 11th and 12th steps, which deal with "spiritual awakening."
     Folks, we all have ego and that is a good thing, not a bad one. Just look at our naming conventions on this site, some choose to call themselves "The Grand Poobah" or "Mystical Merlin of the RavenKing" (I hope I just made these up and no one actually uses these, if so, no insult intended) and then proceed to discuss how ego is so very bad, and seek to rid themselves of it. Don't you find that strange?

In Peace and Love,
Marty
NothingEverything
Posted 10/21/2007 12:20 AM (#2725 - in reply to #2719)

UMS Student

mruppert - 2007-10-20 9:23 AM

Hi all:
From NTET's post:
"In closing, there is no separate races of humans that we know of at this time, only slightly varied genetics."
How true!
That is why I think it is well worth the time to watch the NatGeo show that I mentioned about the guy who traced a long line of people who exhibit a particular strand of gene that he shares...that can only be passed on by inheritance. It shows that a white as snow guy is related to the aboriginal dude and the Mongolian dude. This is true! It proves to me that we all came from one people, and that the rainbow of people we see today, comes from environmental adaptations and "pool" breeding. For example, I do not have the gene strand that is associated with Tay-Sachs disease, though my forebears came from an area that had many people that do have it, at least up to WWII. What is the defining factor? Those of Jewish faith mainly marry others of their faith. The gene strand gets passed on, and strengthened in a "closed pool" of breeding. My forebears were Catholic. I do not suffer from sickle cell anemia. Why? The gene strand for that was "confined"  by a geographically closed pool of people, who were only forceably removed from their continent, in earlier times.
Do a simple Mendel box of two people, one with blue eyes (with brown eyes gene), blue is recessive, and one with brown eyes,  brown is dominanat  (with blue eyes gene).Should they have four kids, one will have blue eyes, one brown, but the other two....ah.....they most likely will have brown eyes, as brown is the dominant gene.
As NTET said, this is varied genetics! And, it is only a benign manifestation of "race", at least for our Blue/Brown eyed hypothetical race  of people. But, if those blue eyed people in this gene pool sought to marry and procreate only with other blue eyed people because blue eyes are "pretty", we have the nucleus of a problem, but not necessarily a bad one. HOWEVER, when they seek to do this because they believe blue eyed people to be superior to brown eyed people, you now have a big problem, and the problem can quite properly be labled RACISM.
Soon, in our hypothetical society you will hear how brown eyed people are dirty, lazy, stupid, commit most of the crimes,  take drugs, sponge of the  government, can't hold a job, are sexually promiscuous, on and on and on.
     Our starting couple, who had the sense of self worth (ego) to produce four lovely children, have now spawned a "group" of people who have no ego...but a superego......a psyche that developed by the incorporation of the moral standards of "the community", i.e. the so called superior blue-eyes.
     I know that people want to freely substitute the word "ego" for what is being discussed here, but it is the "superego" that causes what is discussed here. It is not you...as an individual, with your own sense of self worth that is at fault, it is the belief systems that supercede ego with a  dangerous and deadly world view that is the problem.
     Let me put it this way....what is the one problem that nullifies the lives of many children born and raised in poverty and deprivation? The kids have no sense of self worth (ego), of self esteem. Putting little stars on ghetto kids papers in school, when they go to school, and when they go to a school that is not interrrupted in the process of learning by police, gunfire, gang fights, etc. does absolutley nothing for them.....though the cogniscenti of educators seem to think it gives them "self esteem" like it is a gift that can be doled down to the less fortunate. (By the way, this is in and of itself, a form of racism.)
These kids need a boost of ego, they need to know that their lives are precious to themselves, and that there is meaning in their lives.
     Let me put it another way, people in various kinds of twelve step programs...well, the first thing is that they  turn it all over to a "higher power."  Okay! But, what are the rest of the steps? They  have to take a moral inventory, they have to make amends to people they have harmed, continue to take a moral inventory, and so forth. All of which is designed to give one a sense of self worth (ego). It is only then, that one can move on to the 11th and 12th steps, which deal with "spiritual awakening."
     Folks, we all have ego and that is a good thing, not a bad one. Just look at our naming conventions on this site, some choose to call themselves "The Grand Poobah" or "Mystical Merlin of the RavenKing" (I hope I just made these up and no one actually uses these, if so, no insult intended) and then proceed to discuss how ego is so very bad, and seek to rid themselves of it. Don't you find that strange?

In Peace and Love,
Marty

Very well said Marty!
Shantina
Posted 10/22/2007 12:14 PM (#2733 - in reply to #2719)

Excellent! I very much enjoyed reading this response, Marty. Very well put :-)

Shantina
mruppert
Posted 10/24/2007 12:10 AM (#2748 - in reply to #2175)

Hi Lyon-ness:
"other than that, racism will be there regardless of the law anyway"
Yes! You are correct. And, your words hit me in the heart, simply because the love of one another must come from the heart, but many hearts are filled with an irrational hate. And, moreso, an institutionalized hate.
We cannot think of racism as a one way street....we have to realize that it is a two way avenue. For example, the whites of the "Gran Aparthied" South Africa are now the subject of racial prejudice..some call it retribution...but the generations of whites now had absolutely nothing to do with what their forebears did. Yet, the indigenous population hate them because they are white. Even though, the indigenous population have achieved the goals they sought....there is still hatred and prejudice.
     Once the seed is ingrained and grows, it is hard to root it out.  It is like a weed that cannot be rid of.
     So, what's the answer, Lyonna?

Peace Profound, (an AMORC greeting)
Marty and assorted cats....some who are sleeping

mruppert
Posted 10/29/2007 1:37 AM (#2787 - in reply to #2175)

AHAA! Lyonness...I finally understand! But, unless you are them, you will never be invisible, and never walk on the wind!
Peace Profound,
Marty and sorted out cats, Sissy, Lucky and Poppyhead