internet resources
soulfire
Posted 7/9/2007 3:19 PM (#2160)
Subject: internet resources

Alumni

I thought it would be very good to have a thread on internet resources that we've found helpful on our metaphysical journey. So this one is one I am reading on ALL the time. Thought others might like it...

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cat/index.htm

What are the different resources you've found?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 7/9/2007 9:05 PM (#2162 - in reply to #2160)
Subject: RE: internet resources

I agree with KMO!
If things come together, in the next, latest, greatest plan, there will be a website that deals with this. I want to call it "The Cassandra Society" dedicated to the kind of resources to further the study of metaphysics, religious experience, and science simply by links to significant sites. But again, my criteria do not make for any great success, as it will have to be financed privately, which I am willing to do. This is because I cannot accept any consideration for the content of the site...in other words, no paid advertising, no click through revenue, no banners. Links only!
If those links, that a user of the site might link to, wish to charge for something or another, that is fine by me....as long as there is an "informed" decision in the process; and as long as "The Cassandra Society" remains independent of any remuneration for what occurs as a result.
I am particularly interested in educational institutions, such as UMS, that teach a well rounded, and rigorous curricula founded on metaphysical principals. But, I am not interested in matchbook cover schools, that give you a degree for a thesis and a check. Who will be the judge of what is significant? The website itself will be, with constant feedback and open forums.
I like the idea very much and hope that you all do, too.
Regards and Peace Profound,
Marty
Card Zero
Posted 7/9/2007 9:08 PM (#2163 - in reply to #2160)

http://www.religioustolerance.org is the single greatest internet resource I have found on my journey. There are over 1000 essays on a great many world religions and belief systems.

Edited by Card Zero 7/9/2007 9:09 PM
Dancer
Posted 7/14/2007 11:53 PM (#2212 - in reply to #2160)

UMS Student

Lightworkers.org

Truly a wonderful site!