Help with Scrying
jmalzone
Posted 6/3/2007 8:39 AM (#1938)
Subject: Help with Scrying

I'm trying to overcome the power of the mirror right now and having trouble doing it. I am in search of help to aid in my "afraidness" of the mirror. Sounds corny right? But I truly believe the mirror is a powerful tool. I have tried to Scry in a mirror only to freak myself out before seeing any sorts of images. Does anyone here scry with a mirror? If so, any help for me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 6/3/2007 9:23 AM (#1939 - in reply to #1938)
Subject: RE: Help with Scrying

PhD Alumni

My post double posted..... sorry! I cannot find a delete button, so i edited this one.

Blessings~

Edited by Supernatural3 6/3/2007 9:25 AM
Supernatural3
Posted 6/3/2007 9:23 AM (#1940 - in reply to #1938)

PhD Alumni

I know many people who have fears of the mirror.
Even i had a bit of fear, after watching the movie "Prince of Darkness" by John Carpenter (1987). GREAT movie, if you are into serious spiritual horror. At which i love them, but because i was much younger when seeing it, something about mirrors got into my subconscious mind for a little while, which made me avoid mirror's for a while. LOL Luckily that is over. I had to tell myself over and over that it is just a movie and mirror's are safe.

Our minds are like sponges and will soak up information even if it's unrealistic, the subconscious memory knows no difference. That is what makes us question our REAL reality on a daily basis.

Lucky for us, Scrying doesn't have to be done with only mirrors, it can be done with many objects, like crystals, a bowl of water, ice, anything with a reflection really. So until you start to feel more comfortable with mirrors, try other objects and work your way towards it.

Either way, i hope you overcome your fear and are able to master all the things you desire.

Blessings~
NothingEverything
Posted 6/4/2007 12:44 PM (#1952 - in reply to #1938)

UMS Student

often fear is the last barrier to breakthrough and great discovery.
maybe this is because before there is discovery, there is unknown.
maha
Posted 6/30/2007 9:55 AM (#2113 - in reply to #1938)

Greetings.

sorry for coming very late to this posting, but i've only just begun viewing the discussions. I learned to scry by a geniune medicine man/witchdoctor back in the late 1990s, but it was shown to me in a different context. Maybe this will help your fears when understanding a focused way to "track our former selves" - this is how it is explained in the book called Shaman Healer Sage by Alberto Villoldo. Ph.D. , and how i learned to utilize the scrying method. You can do this with a partner by sitting across from one another and maybe exercising this will help you to ease into seeing your own reflection. The setting needed is a semi-dark room, a candle light sitting below the person across from you or in a position that it just gently lights up their face but not giving it full light. Same setting for viewing your own reflection. The technique takes place by stareing at the other person, not directly eye to eye, but gazing a little off to one side of their face. You'll begin to see their face come in and out of focus and then different faces will appear over their original face, for a split second or longer this spirit face will show itself. It could be a women or a man. These spirit faces are up to each one's interrpretation. Some see these faces as past lives, some see them and know them to be anscestors or spirit guides currently with the person. There is a standard and code for doing this technique, set the setting first with your clear intention and prayer for the highest good, asking for guidance helps. Then when you see the transitions of spirit faces in another person, dont act shocked, or pull away or look appauled. These faces are real and can talk to you via your mind or consciousness. There is wisdom in the faces that can tell you about their story. At the end of the phases of spirit faces you will then see the persons face go to complete darkness. Again, dont react but sit in this wisdom appropriately. This is a time to close the session and leave the spirit faces with their humanity and good will. You are being priviledged to peek into someone's past or present and it deserves the utmost respect and higher action. Everything i've said above goes the same for viewing yourself and tracking your own spirit faces. I suggest viewing not with a mirror but your reflection from a window at night using a soft back ground light so you start off seeing your reflection in the glass window and not what is outside. Maybe you were hoping to scry for future information or past information, but this is one intention - to track your spirit faces for wisdom of past lives or guides or other.

I hope this helps you to go well and with good intentions.
always with peace and love.
mary
Supernatural3
Posted 7/1/2007 12:23 PM (#2115 - in reply to #1938)

PhD Alumni

Thank you so much for sharing. I do think lighting is important. It doesn't hurt to help boost the 'scryer' a little more, by using the light like that.
I am going to give this method a try....

Blessings~