Psychic Vampirism
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/29/2007 6:28 PM (#1900)
Subject: Psychic Vampirism

Alumni

What is your opinion about "psychic vampirism?" What is it? How do we deal with it? Should we not be careful about our egos labeling others with a condemning label for their dependent behaviors when we all share in the human condition of being needy on occasion? Are we on some level attracting this kind of behavior because of some unhealed or unconscious aspect in ourselves? Whew! What do you think?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 5/29/2007 11:10 PM (#1901 - in reply to #1900)
Subject: RE: Psychic Vampirism

Ahhhh....much literature and some "great" B movies deal with this topic. Before we rush to judgement, I suggest watching "The Blue Man" ......Euro title....aka "Eternal Evil" in the USA (well, you know we have to give things catchy titles in order to sell) in which a definition of psychic vampirism is cleary defined. No, you WILL NOT see any bloodsucking or fear of crosses, the movie is not about that. It is about what Tracey said. Secondly, I would suggest reading Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons. Then, you might just open up a world of vampirism...which exists even to this moment.
P.S. If the movie has my cross-eyed sweetheart, Karen Black, then you have the right one...as there are several others that bear the same USA title.
cause
Posted 5/29/2007 11:23 PM (#1902 - in reply to #1900)

UMS Student

I have thought about this many times, if incompletely. It still confuses me. Why do some people tire us, and make us sick where others do not? Some how we are incompatible with these people. Is this incompatibility due to something negative in the person we feel is the drain on us. I have come across people whom I was quite sure wished to do harm in a Vampiric way. What I see in those who actually are drawing in others energy is people that may need healing. And yet, this view is not complete. Why can we dread going home to our parents even though we know that we love them?
mruppert
Posted 5/29/2007 11:58 PM (#1904 - in reply to #1900)

Hmmmm....Cause must have seen the movie...or the movie is right on target with Cause...or maybe both the movie and Cause have stated a truth?
<"I have come across people whom I was quite sure wished to do harm in a Vampiric way. What I see in those who actually are drawing in others energy"> snipped from Cause email
Yours,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 5/30/2007 10:04 AM (#1906 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I want to touch base on both types of Vampirism.

I think Psychic Vampirism is a lot more realistic than sang vampirism (blood sucking). Since the human stomach cannot digest blood in any kind of large quantity, it seems unrealistic that a person in human form, would claim such a thing. But there are other traits, that one would feel vampiristic as i describe in some of my own traits below.

I do believe the theory of psychic Vampirism is very real. Even when people do not know it or mean to do it, they can just exhaust another person easily without trying. It can become dangerous, if when the person is aware that they are doing this type of draining, and purposely doing it. Some people like misery.....People also should know, that when you feel drained or your energy dragging around others, to automatically turn on your super auto-protect that is built in, and the thought of an abundance of energy to you, should help a person not be drained. It's all in the power of thought with intent.

I know i have plenty of friends that i used to DREAD going around, and always felt so horrible near them. I bet they just drained my energy..... So i choose to stay away from them. Personality conflicts are a good indication of energy differences. I noticed that people who like to put other people down are often energy vamps. But i plan on at least picking up the movie mentioned above, because i really love spiritual and/or horror type of movies.

As far as "Sanguarian" vampirism, I truly have many traits of the traditional values. I.e. I am nocturnal, i have excellent night vision, i absolutely love raw red meat, my nails grow easily and are always long, my teeth are normal.....lol, but i love the night, i love horror movies and i am very spiritual. As far is drinking blood..... cannot digest it. Once i had a non-stopping bloody nose, caused actually by my thoughts of having one. It was weird. but they made me hold my head back to keep the blood in.... big mistake. It all went into my stomach. With-in an hour, it all came back up, only it was like a large clot. It was gross and i cannot imagine anyone thinking they can handle drinking any large amount of blood.

So yes, I am a believer of psychic vampirism. I am not a believer in sang type, but i can understand how one would come to the conclusion of the possibility... Hollywood filled in the imagination on the rest.

Love this topic!

Edited by Supernatural3 5/30/2007 10:05 AM
Inner Vision
Posted 5/30/2007 10:39 AM (#1907 - in reply to #1900)

UMS Student

I tend to look at psychic vampirism as an imbalance in the person. Often the person is unware that they are draining others of life force. Sometimes it is the only way of life they know. Rather than label the person--label the imbalance just as in any illness. This, too, is a human condition. Are we able to look past this and to see the soul/spirit? If nothing more, we can always send love from a physical distance.

Dianne
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/31/2007 4:11 AM (#1909 - in reply to #1900)

UMS Student

My strong belief is that we are not here to judge anyone but ourselves. I believe that we learn from others. I believe that when we blame others we give our power away. We need to take responsibility for ourselves and at times along the way we may need help from others, this can come in many ways that may not seem too pleasant until you realise how situations and people have enabled you to grow. Along my pathway I have allowed myself to be drained very seriously a few times, a couple of times I’d become quite ill. When I finally realised what was happening I took these as strong lessons, I cut off all the ‘cords’ around myself, closed down my chakras, cleansed my aura and allowed my body to quickly re-charge to its normal level. The main problem was that I had allowed myself to develop a large ego and I was ignoring my warning signs. This ‘learning’ or knowledge took me years to develop and I have had some very hard ‘knocks’ along the way but this has enabled me to gain the skills help others understand what and why ‘situations’ are happening to them and others. So if you believe that you are being drained and you think you know who or why then pop the person or situation into a bubble then bring down a huge column of divine white light to engulf them. I consider this to be sending love and healing, but you are in control now and your own personal energy is not being depleted. I believe that an individual is aware of draining others, maybe not consciously but their higher self will know, but don’t blame them they are just helping you to learn. So maybe instead of cutting off from people who may well need your help and which is why they are being drawn to you, send them love, divine light and a little understanding. Those we take a strong dislike to are just mirroring something that we do not like in ourselves that needs addressing, think, meditate or start writing about it and all will become clear. You can certainly have strong signals that a person may not be right for you but this is a different topic.

Cause you may dread going home to your parents because they may trigger emotions in you such as guilt. In my work I aim to take a person back to childhood and clear the patterns and cycles that were developed then but still have the power to affect us now. When these patterns are collapsed my term of ‘diffusing the emotional charge’ gives a nice description of the result, and people are amazed at this effect and how much better they now feel emotionally. I see my job as all about empowering or re-empowering a person.

Doc J, there are tribes in Ethiopia one of which is the Hamer whose staple diet is blood and milk. They harvest blood from live cows and this gives them the nutrients that enable them to thrive.

Psychic vampirism seems to be more about draining people of energy rather than blood, which makes much more sense to me. However when you are drained of energy this CAN lead to death, I certainly felt very ill until I learned my lesson.

Thank you Tracy for starting this thread.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/31/2007 4:39 AM (#1911 - in reply to #1900)

UMS Student

Hi, I would like to share the following with you, I do not know the author and
you may well have seen this before

Rules for being Human

You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it
will be yours for the entire period this time around.

You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal
school called life. Each day in this school you will have the
opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think
them irrelevant and stupid.

There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of
trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are
as much a part of the process as the experiment that
ultimately "works".

A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented
to you in various forms until you have learned it, then you can go
on to the next lesson.

Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does
not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be
learned.

There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become
a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again,
look better than "here".

Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate
something about another person unless it reflects to you
something you love or hate about yourself.

"What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the
tools and resources you need; what you do with them is up
to you. The choice is yours.

The answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions
lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

You Will Forget All of This
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/31/2007 12:55 PM (#1912 - in reply to #1900)

Alumni

Thanks Elizabeth, those were my thoughts about the issue. Often the extreme labels that we give situations and people seem to push away from ourselves a sense of responsibility for what we need to learn and heal through them. Instead we label others with a condemning and angry attitude out of our own woundedness or need to defend our ego.

Nevertheless, we all find ourselves sometimes in  weakened, dependent, and needy states of experience and a 'stronger' personality can  seem to intrude upon us with their negativity (anger and neediness) and seem to drain us of energy even further. Parents and caregivers with unresolved issues from their pasts with deeply ingrained hunger for approval and love can actually drain the positive energy of their children. (I have experienced this as well as perpetuated it in my parenting.) Making the child into a buddy who can listen to their problems, demanding affection, accusing the child of not loving them, going into depressions over the lack of love they feel in their lives, making the child be the parent, overpowering the child through various controlling behaviors seem to be ways of draining energy. These are all part of the energy exchanges between humans that are a part of our 'schooling.' Personally, it has been an impetus for me to find within myself the center and source of my life and love.

I like what you said about slipping into our own ego aggrandizement as helpers, this places the responsibility directly on one's self. Our own reactions and attitudes towards the person not taking our advice, not growing past the thoughts and beliefs that are holding them captive in their suffering as we have instucted. I have heard wonderful teachers and healers growl in disgust and despising exasperation at those who don't seem to change, and oh! how I wish this was not part of me too! But it is, and we need to continue to forgive and grow past the pride and judgment of the ego.

Worse, there are predators among us. Many of them are in prisons. Damaged, angry human beings with very little conscience or respect for others.

I no longer know what I am trying to say...

Supernal
Posted 5/31/2007 4:04 PM (#1913 - in reply to #1900)

student

I became interested in psychic vampires a few years ago while doing my own research into possible other races of sentient beings that might live right along side of us. I read many books about psychic vamires and most if not all of them had similar information that was presented by people that thought they were a menace and should be avoided if not downright attacked. I did find one book though that was different than any other i had come across before, its called the Psychic Vampire Codex, writen by a psychic vampire for vampires. In this book she describes 2 types of psychic vampires - the consious and unconsious vamires, and among both these types there exists an actual race of psychic vampires (i forget the actual name of the race). This race is actualy born this way life after life and will never be anything else. Almost like a sub-race of humans these beings balance out the human equasion of energetic takers and givers. In the book she states that many have tried to heal her and her kind but it never works (due to there being nothing wrong with them) and the process can actually hurt them mutch in the same way an psychic vampire can hurt "ordinary" people with irresponsible feeding. It is a very interesting book, and it is meant to help psychic vampires wake up to what they are and be responsable with there abilities. I definately recomend this reading for anybody with even the slightest interest.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/31/2007 6:27 PM (#1914 - in reply to #1913)

UMS Student

Hi Supernal

What you say is very interesting and has most definitely given me something to ponder over. We can learn something new every day which is why I have always found the metaphysical sciences so fascinating.

Best wishes

Elizabeth
Supernal
Posted 5/31/2007 9:21 PM (#1915 - in reply to #1900)

student

So that i dont leave out any info.... an unconscious psychic vampire takes peoples energy without knowing it and the conscious psychic vampires know they are doing it. the actual race of psychic vampires number about one in a hundred with all the others being energeticly damaged in some way from this life or a previous one. for a while i actually questioned wether i was a psychic vampire due to being well versed in many of the energetic practices outlined as natural abilities in the book, it was the fact that i dont practice any of the energy draining techniqes at all that finally showed me that i am not in fact a psychic vampire.
soulfire
Posted 6/1/2007 1:04 PM (#1917 - in reply to #1900)

Alumni

Unfortunately, this is an area I've had to gain experience in, as I've been a victim of many types os energetic attack. I've found that, yes, it was my own emotional damage that attracted these experiences, but that they are real and can sometimes cause great physical pain and illness. I sometimes wonder how much exploratory surgery, etc. could have been avoided in people if they were just aware of that otherworldly element.

The very best book I have read on the protection from psychic attack of any kind (many detailed in the book) is called "pracytical Psychic Self Defense" by Robert Bruce. Excellent excellent resource.
Supernal
Posted 6/1/2007 3:06 PM (#1920 - in reply to #1900)

student

Robert Bruce is one of my favorite authers soulfire! Have you ever read his book Astral Dynamics, its one of my favorites, and the cool thing about it that I and everyone ive ever lent it to have ever increasing out of body experiences and waking dreams while reading it!!
Supernal
Posted 6/1/2007 3:53 PM (#1921 - in reply to #1900)

student

On another topic though, i was just wondering if anyone else has had any experences like this.... ever since i was a child i have periodically been visited in the middle of the night by some sort of invisible entity. When i was a kid i would wake up to wide awake and afraid, this would be followed by a pressure in my head and the fealing of a seperate presence almost trying to get in, i would fight it for what seemed like hours until it went away. it only happended every couple of months or so and i would have usually forgoten about it until then. when i got older it would happen in a different way, i would have nightmares that would always end in me meeting an invisable presence that would be so overwhelming that i would panick and wake up screaming. It wasnt until i stood my ground and faced the presence in my dreams that it stopped. its been about 4 years since then and about 2 years ago ive began being visited again only this is more like my childhood experiences. Im older now and i when it happened woke up afraid and in a cold sweet to feel a presence wash over me, i knew it was taking energy from me in large quantities, i fought it off and now that i can see entities and auras i actually watched it run from my room only to come back about 5 min later, i fought it off again but it still comes back about once every couple months or so but not nearly as bad.
The only person ive ever told about this is my wife and the only reason i mention this here is that i think that this entity is some sort of non physical energy vampire. Ive tried all the warding, psychic protection, white lite, paying to god that i know. ive even had an energetic cleansing done on my apartment and it all works temporarily. i can see auras and spirits and have even been a ghost hunter before, i can talk to spirits too but when i attempted communication with this entity all i get is screeming like anger. the first new "visit" it felt like i was being energeticly raped and was dramaticly energeticly and psychologically effected for several weeks and was even afraid to go to bed at night for a few days after. It visits almost once a month on a random daybut the attacks have gotten weaker. has anyone else heard of anything like this before, its been visiting me since i was just a child, maybe its one of my personal demons, im really at a loss and i would love any sort of feedback i could get about this.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/2/2007 2:01 AM (#1924 - in reply to #1921)

UMS Student

Hi Supernal

I read your post just before I went to bed last night and got up very early to reply to you. Yes I have heard of this before and know several people who have had and have similar experiences. Four of these, two men and two women were happy about what they were experiencing because for them it fulfilled a need, although in a different way for each of them. They were not afraid, although they may well have been at the start but then welcomed the attention from their entity/energy. One of these was referred to me and because the person who referred them was so disturbed I agreed to ring this man to do what I could to help him. The referee had already spent a couple of hours listening to him but knew that she was unable to help. I spent four hours on the phone giving my all before the ‘victim’ admitted that he did not want ‘his’ energy/entity to leave him alone. So I had wasted my time and feel that I had fed this man and his entity by my attention to them. In fact he enjoyed describing in detail what was happening, and very much enjoyed the sexual aspect. It seemed that he had made contact with many psychics and healers over the years and taken much of their time as well by telling his ‘story’ over and over again. He obviously ‘got off’ on this.

Now I am not suggesting for a minute that this is where you are coming from but I must ask you to go deep within yourself and question and question if there is any part of you that does not want this to stop. If there is then no-one will be able to help you to help yourself and there will only be temporary relief of the type that you have already described.

I hope that others will answer your post and give you the benefit of their experience and knowledge in these matters.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
soulfire
Posted 6/2/2007 11:43 AM (#1927 - in reply to #1924)

Alumni

Elizabeth Ann - 2007-06-02 2:01 AM

Now I am not suggesting for a minute that this is where you are coming from but I must ask you to go deep within yourself and question and question if there is any part of you that does not want this to stop. If there is then no-one will be able to help you to help yourself and there will only be temporary relief of the type that you have already described.

I hope that others will answer your post and give you the benefit of their experience and knowledge in these matters.

Love and Light

Elizabeth

I absolutely agree with this. What, inside yoyurself, could be acting as a magnet and calling this thing back to you? An 'open door' can cause things we don't want to return and history to repeat itself. Lots of times the fascination (hence validation) of these things can act in themselves as magnets. Other times there are energetic signatures of trauma in our past that we carry creating something for darkness to hold on to. If you get insidre and can heal these things, there is no longer an opening in your field. ~love & light, SF.
cause
Posted 6/3/2007 1:06 AM (#1935 - in reply to #1900)

UMS Student

Hi supernal,

I would like to touch on something that you said in a previous post that I believe is relevant to our discussion, and that is energy exchange. I'm sure that some energy exchange is natural and not necessarily evil or dysfunctional. I would like to pose the question "what is appropriate flow of energy between people?" Perhaps we should consider what is healthy in order to determine what is unhealthy. I'm sorry you have had dreams of the nature you describe. Have you considered lucid dreaming to confront the figure you are facing?
Supernal
Posted 6/4/2007 1:55 PM (#1953 - in reply to #1900)

student

Thank you all for your suggestions, and ive been thinking about them all weekend (dont worry you didnt offend me whatsoever). I never thought about it that way before, if i look deeper into it from that perspective it actually shows me the reason for alot of experiences ive had with all sorts of entities, dreams, and spiritual experiences. Ive used that idea polarity (the secret) on physical reality, spiritual reality, but not to this sort of thing yet. thank you!
Supernal
Posted 6/4/2007 4:11 PM (#1963 - in reply to #1900)

student

wow, 6 posts!!!! i dont know how that happended! sorry about that. To Cause.... I think anyting healthy would have to be whatever both parties can agree to be comfortable with (even if it is subconsciously). Of couse any energy TAKEN (as opposed to freely given) could be considered a violation. If we are discussing the Psy vamp codex, then they have all sorts of rules on how to feed without actually taking any energy direclty from the person such as energetic run off from a crowd of people. supposedly there are people that have so much energy they just give it exclusively (probibly a rareity), as well as people that take energy exclusivly and that is the way they are made, but the "normal" energetic exchange is that both parties give and take energy equally on average. By average i mean that one person may take more than is given, but the equallibrium is restored one way or another, either by the taker giving more next time or the giver going out and "recharging" by taking from someone else. im not saying that any of this is healthy, but it does tend to be the trend nowadays. i hope i was able to answer your question.
mruppert
Posted 6/4/2007 9:10 PM (#1970 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all:
This discussion has morphed into several different lines of thought.
Hmmm....one line was very interesting. As Elizabeth Ann knows, I have to teach, and I am, by nature a very shy person. One would never think so, as I do teach and have acted in high school and college stuff. As I explained it to Elizabeth Ann, when I actually HAVE to do it, I feed from the energy of the students or audience, and only get stronger and better than I would be if there were no students or audience. Then, we have the experience of becoming "one" in purpose, so that the energy is a shared thing, and learning occurs, on both my part and the students part. And though, at the end, I feel drained and exhausted, I feel content and at peace.
Now, the reason why I suggested the movie (if interested, you can scroll up to the first post after Tracy's) is that this is a story of two people who are "psychic vampires"; to the respect that they live for hundreds of years by tormenting the "souls" of living beings until the targeted being wishes to leave his or her body, (i.e die) at which point the vampires occupy the targeted body, which is newer and fresher than their present body. Hence, you sometimes wind up with a man in a woman's body and vice-versa. What I found fascinating is that the psychic vampires can astral project themselves, and do great mischief, and ultimately, great harm. For those that are squeamish, there are no gory, bloody or otherwise shocking scenes. There is a degree of violence, but by todays standards it is minimal at best. This is more a psychological study, much the same as "The Haunting"......no, not the remake, the original, which was probably the "scariest" movie I ever saw.....and not one drop of blood, no violence upon persons, and no profanity.
The point of all of this? Is what goes on inside your head....in your mind....truly in your mind...or might there be an external source? I am a firm believer in the later, as opposed to the former. Stories on this website; case histories I have read; all say that this is true. At least three major belief systems are based on this being TRUE, Comdoble(sp?), Santaria, and the grand daddy of them all, Voodoo...based on Kwa beliefs.
Regards to all,
Marty
GIGAMAN
Posted 6/21/2007 6:03 PM (#2073 - in reply to #1900)

I feel ITs somthing we all should be mindful of. And from my oune expirience alot of people dont no they are VAMPIRES . it has to do with deniel of an aspect of them they DONT like. or they dont like them selfs at all. lets say they want to be a Fireman an they are a MMM, A Mechanice so they go to were Firemen are they take on those energys. Like a Child But there are people how now what they are doing. In 1998 I lived FLorida had a freind ho always came around. I felt he wanted something but I didnt now what. So one day I had a dream I was in a jungle waking I think an fell in a hole. wen I looked up I saw him an his girlfriend laufing. the next day I was in room watching TV he came in sat down he was looking down,low so I tied to inpire him. when I did that I felt a Breath leave my hart center. an I put my hand to chest an sed HOW MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I lost all my inspiration Happyness everything! 2 the next day they moved awy and never saw them again. today I still have not recovered my self.

Edited by GIGAMAN 6/21/2007 6:09 PM
danny.israel
Posted 6/22/2007 4:16 PM (#2078 - in reply to #1900)

Student

That last story sounds quite vampiric, so I apologize if I break some flow of discussion.

Lately I've been thinking about this topic of having energy drained by others and I have been curious about methods of releasing or cutting the etheric cord. I really enjoyed elizabeth's post as it actually touched on the subject of how to make some desired positive change to the situation. However I'm also curious about some visualizations to actually cut the etheric cords created and some related information about that. I've read all you have to do is call upon the Arch Angel Michael and ask him to cut the cords of fear, but I'm not so sure I believe in that since you actually don't do it and leave it to some other force. I understand or believe that it's the power of your intention and this is why I have a hard time with calling upon the Arch Angel, I suppose my problem is that I actually don't create change in my mind (with this method), and so don't believe in it strongly, I may have however had experience where calling upon the Arch angel did work. I'm wondering if anyone has a good method or resource that I could look into, as to learn about how to cut the etheric cords, and make some positive lasting change in the situation.

I will practice the visualization elizabeth described, it sounds similar to many techniques I've read about.

Also if someone believes that calling upon the Arch Angel Michael does work, I'm quite interested to hear what you have to say.
Thank You
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/22/2007 4:51 PM (#2079 - in reply to #2078)

UMS Student

Hi Danny

I use the following to check out myself and I also talk others through a similar procedure. I like my clients to cut or deal with their own cords but if they are unable to complete the task I will step in to help them. Sit on the floor or in a straight backed chair. I like to relax myself or the person by breathing in and out deeply as we relax any tension that they may have. Then in your minds eye take a dagger, blue flaming sword of maybe a Star Wars light sabre and cast this around yourself, still in your minds eye. Cast over the top of your head, under the feet, up and down the front and back of your body, up the side of your legs and body, under the arms and around the body. When you are sensitive you will probably feel one or more places where there is a resistance. Keep working on these areas until you feel no resistance. If there still is resistance take a mental shower under a powerful waterfall so that you can see, hear, feel and smell the power of the water. Then I jump, still in my mind's eye into the lagoon below, swim around and then get out and stand on a rock and allow the sun to dry and energise me. Then do the cutting practice again. You may find that you need to unhook a cord rather than cut it, or work in any way that feels right. As soon as you feel clear pop the bubble around you and fill it with white light. If anyone is still having a problem and wants my advice or help then just email me.

It might also be very good to try to see where or who these cords are coming from. Sometimes if there is just a load of dross which I liken to cobwebs around myself I then bring down a huge celestial vacuum cleaner and suck all this up to be dealt with by the Light. With practice you can develop the details that suit you best. If you know where or who the ‘drainer’ is I pop a bubble round them and fill that with white healing light, never send any bad thoughts as you can hurt people in this way and I do not believe that we should ever do this. This is one of the ways I deal with this, there are a million others depending on the circumstances.

Hope that helps

Love & Light

Elizabeth
mruppert
Posted 7/8/2007 3:23 AM (#2151 - in reply to #1900)

Hi everyone:
In the day and age of Netflix and Blockhead Video, it shouldn't be hard to get "Eternal Evil" aka "The Blue Man." Watch the movie! Robert Geoffrion didn't write about what he did not see. Nor did Jules Verne or HG Wells. All of Verne's visions and all of Well's (but two-time travel, and the war of the worlds) are now accepted as mundane and pedestrian fact.
Mr. Geoffrion shares his vision of psychic vampires.......cuddle up with your sweetie and watch.......then look at your sweetie again, is she or he who you really think they are?

Regards,
Marty
P.S. I love you, Karen Black, cross eyes and all!
whitelion342
Posted 11/13/2007 5:19 AM (#2889 - in reply to #1900)

Hi there all ,
I guess from experience , i have learned that there is only one thing that sustains us all,Love.; the fact that we as beings are always near those that we find love from..or that we love.We surround ourselves with lovely things and people.
in other words, we all struggle in whichever form with the aspect of love, too much, too little ,not enough, etc...
human emotions come from the soul, i have to understand what love is before i seek it,and to seek it i must be able to experience or know of it..therefore some are drawn by default to those who have a meaning of what love is..or a sense of lovingness about them.
Psycic vampires are drawn by love mainly in any form they might identify love as, i do agree that we must not judge, perhaps only tolerate and assist on how to find love.The more they drain the more i should become within myself like water, then there will be no severity of any energy to drain me of.
Again we can only show someone how to fish if we know how to ourselves..To love ourselves unconditionally,and with no judgement..
love and light and good journey
aurora
Supernatural3
Posted 11/13/2007 8:52 AM (#2892 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Very good point.

I feel very much that those who don't love themselves, place enormous amounts of pressure on others to MAKE them feel loved. Yet if one does not love themself, nobody else can do it for them. I would say the best way to go about this problem is education. The more education you get, the more you love yourself. The reason is because your then smart enough to know a difference.

At least this is what i learned personally. I lived a very unhappy life. I expected my husband to make me feel loved. Perhaps i didn't like myself at all and expected him to give me enough for both of us. He also didn't communicate, or show emotion. Now that is just plain uncombatablity, but it still didn't solve my problem. Then you add mental abuse to it. My ex used to call me worthless, because i was a housewife, raising three children, while he was out heightening his career to make a lot of money, at which he achieved his goal. But i then had nothing as far as college education, due to raising children. He sucked me DRY! My energy was GONE! I had to get away from that. I forced myself to LEAVE, which forced me to educate myself while still raising all the kids, now alone, which then i started gaining in self confidence, which then i found the love of my life (my current hubby). I also have been in school now since about 2000. I have educated myself so much, that i do not any longer feel worthless. I know better. I feel equal to all... no better, no worse. It's all a matter of self.

Moral of my story: Only YOU can let others drain you. If you feel they are effecting you... Get away from it and CHANGE your life so it doesn't effect you. Educate yourself, so you can understand that you have always had the ability, but now know how to use it.
SarahXVII
Posted 11/15/2007 9:41 PM (#2910 - in reply to #1900)

New user

Once upon a time, being a "psychic vampire" was a bad thing, something to avoid in yourself and others.

Now people believe they are "real vampires" and are proud of their "differences" and "culture" or even their "special gift!"

Talk about delusional.

... Why are so many people proud of their bad habits nowadays?
whitelion342
Posted 11/16/2007 2:45 AM (#2912 - in reply to #1900)

Intresting subject,
Its been romantisized for decades, started an uproar in the eighties, was cool time than to fall in love with a beast, the illusion of being a real vampire i believe comes from the goth music period, its when you dress in black and wear heavy dark or black make up, male and female alike,Movies and music still influence people, in some way, whether in an uplifting or reactional way,be it which ever way you choose or feel..
Still if i may say this from an objective point of view, it still boils down to a feeling of not being loved..You choose to live this out in any creative way possible, it is creation,whether it is through love or through any emotion you feel your soul allows you to deal with..Any impersonation allows the being to express or act out an emotion,again whatever you feel is lacking in your life...Its almost always a sense of lack,eg:not enough love,or not being loved,makes me feel powerless,therefore i create an illusion to exert a sense of feeling empowered in some way..whether it is like most vampire movies through sex or the fantacy of it..It is also acted out in a group, cult-romance-sex is power -status.
On a lighter note it,s still lovely to watch,and to descover that in myself,which i might find either beautiful or repulsive.Like a painting where you see all the colours,yet they all make the bigger picture...The dual concept of our souls is truly an amazing beautiful journey...
Blessed be
Aurora
Supernatural3
Posted 11/16/2007 1:33 PM (#2917 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

WL, I find vampirism very sexy. It's a dominant thing and i find dominant men very attractive. It's our hormones, or need to be loved and desired that much that we would die for someone, but have eternal life. It's a love story of how someone loves someone so much, they want to spend eternity with that person.

Then we have the horror of it. The NEED, the FEED. We all have to eat to survive... we kill to feed. It's how we are. Survival of the fittest will be the winner, at least for the time being. I happen to love horror movies. I don't take them serious, but it brings out the need to be different. To accept that each one of us does have a dark side that we still accept and love. We cannot have only positive.... we have to accept some negative too. Maybe we don't have to embrace the negative, but both have to be present, so both shall be needed and put to use.

Real vampires couldn't possibly exist like they say in the movies. The human stomach cannot digest straight blood. It will purge it right back out in clot form. Psychic Vampires.... they can only hurt you if you let them. Imagine a mirror in front of you, when you feel someone is pulling energy.... they will then drain themselves instead. Our energy is our own.... even if we share it, it's plentiful... until we don't need it. Then it changes to accommodate being bodiless.

Then we have it for pure entertainment. who can be the sickest.... Who needs the most attention... Maybe even just for fun.
I like the fun part of life... it's when we take it too serious that it starts to rip us apart. We all leave this realm eventually, might as well have a good time. Live, Love, Laugh.....

Blessings~
Jill
mruppert
Posted 11/16/2007 11:28 PM (#2918 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all:
     Well, I dunno....cow blood in Africa, bat blood in Laos and Cambodia, and yes, human blood in ancient Carthage, Rome, Thracia, and elsewhere; and in the Mayan cities that had temples. Unsubstantiated, human blood in the transitional Imperial Russia.Ceremonies in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Regardless, I still think that the vampyrism made popular by literature ( ya know, the Drac kind) is myth to the extent that blood is life sustaining and in someway related to the immortality of being.
     There is a somewhat silly, but still fairly truthful  survey of this called "The Blood Cults" which I cannot find at the moment, so I can't tell you the author, but that is what Google is for. As far as ancient stuff goes, you gotta read your ancient Greeks and Romans....yeah, I know....not everyone's cuppa bloo...oops, I mean cuppa tea.
      I have noticed that there is a great emphasis put on "love" in several recent posts.PRECISELY why when we first started out, I encouraged readers of the posts to see the movie "Eternal Evil, aka The BlueMan" Sure, it falls into the genre of horror movie, but it is really a love story. A strange one, but a love story just the same. And, it speaks directly to psychic vampires. Karen Black is one, but not the one you think!!!!!

Gut Evenink (that was supposed to be a Bela Lugosi accent),
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 11/17/2007 8:59 AM (#2927 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

yeah, i remember you talking about that movie. I still have to find it. Our movie rental place in my area closed. ACK. I had netflix for a while but stopped it because my husband took it over and decided to get basically all kung fu movies and i cannot tolerate that stuff.

As far as blood, those people had to have taken blood in small doses. Or mixed it with something else to break it down. Anytime the stomach has any quantity of blood in it, it will regurgitate it back out. You see, i have first hand experience of this. I used to have bad bloody noses as a kid. It was daily, but occasionally i couldn't get it to stop. So i had plenty trips into the ER. They always made my put my head up, back then they didn't realize that the blood would travel direct to my stomach and with in about 30 to 40 minutes, it would all come back up. Never failed. They told me that the stomach cannot digest blood in large quantities, so it would get rid of it the other way. ACK

That said: i cannot imagine any human that actually can digested 'straight' blood. Maybe they all did puke after their feast. Who knows....they could have blended the blood with something else, creating it to break down. That would be very possible. I heard that if you blend blood with milk, it's digestible then. All depends on what will break it down. Maybe alcohol. I dunno.... ha ha

I personally have vampire traits, some understand it, other cringe. I can understand why people came up with the notion too. I mean I am nocturnal, I love the night more than the day, I always have long nails, My teeth always seem on the sharp side... but this is what gets me. I crave raw meat. I absolutely love raw beef. You don't even have to warm it, i can eat it straight out of the fridge. I have never gotten sick from it either. But i have no desire to be labeled a vampire. I do not go around acting all weird either. But i like my dark side. I love that i like horror movies and have a little bit of a sick mind. I understand who we really are, which is EVERYTHING.

I do feel those who dress up all wild, are trying to show expression. they are tired of being judged and put their foot down and say HEY, i am who i am and i like it. Some do it for a power trip. they like the extra attention, or the fear they instill in others. Some have no reason, but just like it. To each their own.... far be it from me to tell them they cannot dress in their gothic way.

I don't worry to much about other peoples business. I try to be non-judgmental and just understand that they have the desire to stand out. So be it.... But i will check out that movie Marty... ha ha i actually cannot wait to find it.

HUGS... and yes, i bite. But i don't leave marks. HA HA HA

mruppert
Posted 11/20/2007 12:44 AM (#2958 - in reply to #1900)

Hi Doc and all:
     I'd really like the two Lions and Sarah Roman Numerals to watch the movie. It has another surprise, and that is teleportation! Also psychokinesis(spelling?). It is truly remarkable!
     Ah, carpaccio and kobe beef....the Italians and the Japanese. The Italians have eaten it raw forever, the Japanese have gotten into it later on.
     I do not eat a lot of beef, I much prefer fish, as it is not loaded with bad cholesterol, and the cats won't touch fish. They like red meat. Buuuut, I do have red meat every now and then, and I like it cooked slightly....when I was younger and made a steady diet of it, it was generally incinerated.
     I know I will infuriate vegetarians and vegans, but, we are carnivorous. Science has proven that with studies on brain development based on diet. We just seem to need the complex proteins that mammals have, rather than the simpler proteins of beans and veggies.
     That's a good question.....would anyone raise their infant child on a pure veggie..vegan diet? I think I might start a thread on this!

Peace and Happiness,
Marty and Saber-toothed cats, believe me, if you ever see the size of their teeth....they ARE!
Supernatural3
Posted 11/20/2007 8:12 AM (#2963 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I would die if i was forced to be a vegetarian. I am a meat eater. I don't really care for salad. I do like some veggies, just not many.
Besides, plants are alive too. To eat them is still killing something living, regardless. We just couldn't see them breathe.

Anywho.... to each his own. It's all in getting the vitamins somehow. I think you are right though Marty.... we are meant to have well balanced diet, or we get sick.

HUGS
mruppert
Posted 11/20/2007 11:59 PM (#2972 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all....
     Doc said something which is very significant, at least in the movie plot....and in real life.
      Not to spoil the movie for anyone who ever will watch it, one of the ways the pyschic vampire couple were able to occupy new bodies was to force the soul of the target out of existence, by virtue of despair.
      When the spirit sinks so low that one can no longer cope with the vicissitudes of life, one may well feel a profound hopelessness and abandonment, and might just relinquish the existence of oneself, in pure desperation.
      This is what we call suicide, and it does not have to be physical, for it might also be mental and spiritual.
       Dante, in "The Divine Comedy" (English translation) said that at the gates of hell there is a sign that says "Abandon all hope Ye who enter here" (English translation, again). But, what is ironic is that Dante implied that if you read that sign, it is all ready too late....you have abandoned all hope.....that is why you are about to pass through the gates.
       I think that one of our fellow participants has told her story of the point in time when hope might just be all but gone....but also told how hope is strong and with FAITH in oneself, by virtue of a cosmic power, any obstacle can be overcome.
       Garlic, running water, crosses, sunlight might well be the enemy of literary vampires. But, in a scene from a Stephen King movie, the vampire grabs the cross from the priest, no less, and crushes it and throws it to the ground.....the narrator says "it only works for those that have faith." Very telling, and very powerful imagery.
        Regardless of where it might come from, It is faith that gives us the power to live day-by-day and to live through and overcome any obstacle.
         Psychic vampires are everywhere, but those that have faith in the beauty of existence, in all manifestations, will defeat them.

Peace and faith,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead, SissyGirl
P.S. Many years ago, when Luckylee was a nine month old abandoned cat, who just had kittens, she came to my back door at my former house. She could have gone to any one of four  other houses in the immediate area, though I don't think she would have gone to my immediate neighbor, who had two Labs.
With the big gash in her throat, she came to me. Why? I like to think that it is because she had faith in the fact that she chose the one who would care for her and her kittens. Though, I did have to trap her, as she had gone feral, living on her own. Now, she is just a big, happy kitty cat, who still has Poppyhead to follow her around, one of her kittens. Strange how they have grown so old and I have not aged at all!!!!!
Rose
Posted 4/3/2008 12:28 AM (#4214 - in reply to #2889)

Student

This is beautiful. Is it possible that some of us are so in tune with our soul mates and they aren't here with us...therefore we feel a longing that can never be fulfilled here? Just a thought...Sometimes that longing could be an open door for psychic or even emotional vampirism from others around us. It's like in the wild when an animal is wounded and predators can smell the injury from miles around.

Just some food for thought....
Supernatural3
Posted 4/3/2008 9:23 AM (#4218 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

That makes sense to me, just very sad. I couldn't imagine having a soul mate that i could feel, but never see or touch in this realm.
So then that brings me back to that old song.... Love the one your with.... doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo, doodoo.

Now it's stuck in my head..... LOL
Rose
Posted 4/3/2008 2:43 PM (#4221 - in reply to #4218)

Student

I like that Doc! love the one your with. It was a theory that I heard by Sylvia Browne. She said that if soul mates came to earth together, and some do but not many, they would never want to be apart and couldn't get anything done. In essence it would ruin the human experience here on earth.

So one comes and the other stays behind. Just made me contemplate how so many people commit to long term relationships and how so many of them aren't happy in them or appreciative of them. Could be the affects of our society not being supportive enough of family through our communities. And I contemplated the possibility that Sylvia is correct and if so it could lend itself to a possible explanation as to why a good number of our society have such an issue mating for life.

Which brings me to another thought I heard on the news..."Is Marriage Antiquated?" I will need to start that as a seperate thread.

Supernatural3
Posted 4/4/2008 3:14 PM (#4242 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I also think Sylvia is pretty accurate. I AM with my soul mate now. I do not know how I lucked out. But she is right, I crave him ALL the time. I do not feel completely whole, unless he is next to me, or around. We are so synchronized together, it's sickening to others who do not have it. Sometimes I feel so sad when i see others never feel complete and think to myself, they are here for a different purpose this time around. I feel my husband and I planned this, we wonder why it took so long to find each other (35 yrs). I was previously married and so lonely before, which i think is worse than being single and lonely.
But This psychic connection that two have, could very much be represented as a vampiristic connection. I feel the pull and desire him like there is no end. We have been together 6 yrs, but it still feels like it's brand new. I cannot explain it other than we are truly soul mates.
mruppert
Posted 4/5/2008 1:44 AM (#4250 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all....I don't think we should equate psychic vampyrism with love and/or mating of the soul. It is my understanding that psychic vampyres strive to subsume the soul of another, or, cast that soul out for the benefit of the body.
     Of course, I am dealing in the realm of that which is not tangible. But, to put it in everyday perspective, as best I can, it is "like" (and I use that word advisedly) the abusive relationship. The abuser must seek to strip away the personhood of the target of the abuse. The target must be reduced to a non-entity, with no ego, no soul. The abuser, by some mental shift, then sees any action as an action of love and, "gasp"...mercy. So, it would seem to the abuser that it is an act of mercy to put the poor, suffering, non-entity out of his/her misery. What power the abuser feels!
     I have done volunteer counseling on a hotline, and quite frankly, had to give up since I had "regulars". How many times can I tell them what to do, only to find that my advice was unheeded. But, such was the power of the person they were with, that my words over a telephone meant little. And now, I am getting off topic, so I have to stop.

Peace n' Love,
Marty and Loving Cheddar Cheese Cats
P.S. If any of you is in an abusive situation, go away from it right now....if you know of anyone, encourage them to get away fast.  It doesn't STOP....it just gets worse.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/6/2008 10:59 AM (#4264 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I agree.... psychic vampirism could be very dangerous, if it's allowed to continue. But I do think their is a positive side to it, as all things negative, must have some form of positive to it. Might just have to look deeper.

Abusive relationships could be a negative form and Marty is right.... if you find yourself crying more than smiling, it's time to change. If you find yourself negatively effected everytime your around someone, they are draining your energy. It's best to keep your distance.

But, if you find you have looked someone in the eyes, and long to be with them(and they are single)..... go for it. LOL The positive side does exist.

Blessings~
schenn
Posted 4/8/2008 6:11 PM (#4289 - in reply to #1900)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/goth/vc/index.htm

This is the commonly held belief within the vampire community on what vampirism is. Based off my own past life memories and travels in astral, I would say its the most accurate that I've found.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/8/2008 10:25 PM (#4293 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Sounds to me like we ALL could very well be Vampires. We all strive for the same.....
Kashia
Posted 4/9/2008 8:49 PM (#4298 - in reply to #1900)

What an interesting thread...so

If someone believes they are a psychic vampire, or are aware they are draining others energy, but they really do not want to be doing this,

what is the way out of this polarity?
Supernatural3
Posted 4/9/2008 9:33 PM (#4301 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Change.....

That is all.... change your mind, change your life. Change your surroundings...

THEN: and I really mean it..... Listen to Tiny Tim's -Tiptoe through the Tulips..... That will stop any negative....

now wait... pretend that Adam Sandler is singing his version of that very same song. LMAO

I rest assure.... nobody will be sucking energy from anyone in that environment. But we would all be rolling on the floor laughing our butts off.

Laughter heals all.
HUGS and GIGGLES
Kashia
Posted 4/9/2008 10:12 PM (#4302 - in reply to #1900)

Funny Doc J!! Thanks for the laugh.
schenn
Posted 4/9/2008 11:20 PM (#4305 - in reply to #1900)

A vampire can also take in energy from nature such as weather or even through trips to a park. If one respects the spirits of the woods present and asks, one can find that they are more then willing to help. Though, due to their being practically no relevent material on this matter; many vampires or awakened in general are unaware of this.

I must admit, its not the same, you have to do it a bit more often and the rush isnt there however, it is possible to go on not drawing from higher forms of conciousness in this manner. (based on my current level of understanding on this topic. I have much much more to learn) One can also draw from the ambient energy in high traffic areas. In these cases you arn't drawing from any person but rather the residue of all the people.

If you are a vampire and not another kind of awakened, then it was a ritual performed many many lifetimes ago to remove a piece of your astral body, so that all your lifetimes could be threaded together. In this way, lessons won't be forgotten and the sensititvity to energy will attune us to its nature for a cariety of purposes (good or bad, depending on the person). This hole is why you (as a vampire) need to draw in energy from outside sources, otherwise the hole will drain it from your body literally draining your strength away (for obvious reasons).

There arn't many true vampires. Most of the time its another form of awakened, which is why though you may desire to "feed" or what have you, and you dont, it doesnt effect you (like that). You may still have an energy defiency of another type, in which case some good meditation under a happy tree should help.

Supernatural3
Posted 4/10/2008 2:49 AM (#4307 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

That has put it into a different perspective for me. I can see your point of view very well and it makes sense.

hmmmmmmmm

Thank you!
mruppert
Posted 4/10/2008 11:58 PM (#4316 - in reply to #1900)

Hi Schenny, Kashi, and Docster, et al:
     I hope I can put this into words.....I am an extremely shy person, but I have to teach two times a month. As shy as I am, I enjoy doing it, because I feel sooo energized when I do it.
     When I took the teaching duties over from another almost five years ago, and I got constant evaluations.My evaluations (directly from the classes) were far superior to my predecessor, and remain far superior to my fellows, notwithstanding my unorthodox style, (I don't do no PowerPoint slides). I am chastised by my fellows for being unprofessional, yet, glorified by my class, who walk in and invariably say "we heard about you, your class is a lot of fun".
     What happens is...I am usually very nervous, anxious, and have the butterflys that come with being in front of any group, no matter what the scenario, before I start. BUT, suddenly, I feel the energy of the group and begin to "feed" on it!
      Then, I am not myself anymore, but another person! And, when it is over, I am so full of energy, that it takes me a while to calm down.
       It reminds me of the "thrall"...the power that literary vampyres have to place a person or persons under their control, by seeking and using their energy.
       Okay, back to practical things...don't you all think that "charismatic" figures do the same thing? Don't they practice a sort of psychic vampyrism?
       Finally, I really like the sacred texts website, a lot of good stuff there, some of which is actually fairly authentic. But, a lot of it is just "stuff" of recent origin.
       Did the notion of vampyrism originate in the Carpathians of Romania/Moldova? Most likely, no. But, was it perpetuated there? Definitely yes! Was Vlad (or Blad as the Romanians say) the source? Probably not. You have to remember, that Romania/Moldova and many other surrounding areas was the seat of the Holy Roman Empire, the empire that embraced the early catholicism (as compared to what we now know as the catholic church(s)). And then, you must know, that as part of the ritual, we say "take ye and drink of this, for this is my blood." Symbolic? Today, of course! But what about then??????
    BUT, my biggest question, is did anyone watch the movie? You are missing a lot of insight on this question until you do!

Yours, in Peace and Luminosa Azul,
Marty and Gatas Enfuerzas, Lucky, Poppy, and Sissy

ongoingbattle
Posted 4/11/2008 10:43 AM (#4318 - in reply to #1900)

I believe psychic vampirism is neither good nor bad. It is simply an instrument that can be used however someone chooses, consiously or unconsiously. I have not watched the movie yet, but i plan to. This is a topic i had never heard of until now, but i have some ideas. Kashia asked what would be a way out of this polarity. I have definately dealt with people that semed to suck the life out of me and sap my energy, and try to avoid these people. I believe though, that some can be helped if they are ready, "help" may not be the best term, so let's say "guided". I believe the energy drain problem arises when someone is taking from you without giving. What are we all really doing on this forum? We give and we take, we share, we learn, and therefore we grow. When you have a positive reinforcing loop, it bascially supports itself, with every input taking it higher and higher. When someone is draining from you, without giving anything in return, this is a negative reinforcing loop. It will ulitmately self destruct. I love meeting people and sharing as much as i can, often without recieving anything back for a while. But it is a high all in itself when they begin to see their journey, and begin to aid me on mine. Mruppert teaches classes. Even though you may not get direct one-on-one feedback from students very regularly, you can feel the energy as you said, every day! Sometimes you give so much, and just seeing the changes you have made is all you need to prevent this drain, and actually create a "source" of energy(wasn't sure how to describe the opposite of drain) I wonder how different it would feel to be teaching to a class of sleeping, not caring individuals. They would drain you, and in turn you them.

Again i reitierate to you Kaisha, it is a powerful tool that can be utilized many ways. If you want to avoid the drain, then change the situation to a positively reinforcing one. And last, do not waste energy trying to help those that aren't open or ready to it, or one can really begin to lose some of themselves.

--The Seeker of Truth
schenn
Posted 4/16/2008 2:33 AM (#4377 - in reply to #1900)

A side note since you mentioned Vlad. I dont know if he is or not, this physical body wasnt there heh, but something interesting. In his last campaign against the turks he went with a man named Stephen Bathoria. Time passed, he died, but when they dug up his coffin a few days later it was empty. DUH DUH DUUUHH!!

Where this gets interesting (to me) is that Elizabeth Bathoria was the famous female "vampire" of history and her story occured only 70 years after Vlads. A relatively short time. But yea, the world is an interesting place full of mysteries and things we're only now starting to understand. So, who knows

Anyway, Vampirisim has been in written history since written history and has appeared in legends on every continent on earth. (Pre-Anne Rice too!) There was an excellent show on Discovery regarding this particular subject and they showed and described the various legends.
mruppert
Posted 4/17/2008 12:05 AM (#4400 - in reply to #4377)

Oh Schenn:
     I like your style and approach to this subject...you give it the respect and worth that it deserves. And, yes, you are right! There is a great weight of historical evidence!!
     Ya know, I wish there was a way I could link people to what is considered to be a  dumb, crummy movie. It's gotta be available on BitTorrent....but a lot of ISP's are now blocking downloads.
      The topic is Psychic Vampirism, and the movie deals with the topic directly and offers the explanation that we are debating. The writer and director didn't dream this stuff up...at least not according to the way I think.
        But, then again, my ideas are radical, in that I believe that writers don't write about what they do not see.....just as painters don't paint what they do not see....it may not be what we see at the moment, but it is almost always "true" vision.
         Please go to another forum started by Doc J....as there is something odd......psychic vampirism????

Peace Profound,
marty and KittyKatzen
schenn
Posted 4/17/2008 2:04 AM (#4403 - in reply to #1900)

actually, a lot of ISPs are trying to get the legal ability to block them, they have yet to win ;-) If you tell us the name of the movie and we happen to torrent it on our own, thats our fault not yours. So you dont have to send an actual link and risk getting in trouble. I am really interested in seeing it.

Theres another forum for this discussion?? I'm not a student so I have limited access. I will be a student with the "economic stimulus" aka the loan from China. but until then...

Thanks for the compliment, I try to be a skeptic about what i am learning and the universe has been very patient with me in that regard heh. Most often it awaits my inner discovery and then it'll will guide me to a source of information that reflects very near (i only say that because when it comes to spiritual stuff its never 100%) what I came to the conclusion to already. Anubis and Amoun Ra are my spirit guides, and both have been very wonderful when it comes to my lessons.
sunflower
Posted 4/17/2008 4:04 AM (#4404 - in reply to #2151)

Elite Veteran

i think horroe movies,etc,are a dtriment to society,and the youngsters of today,are easily influenced by what they see,and in some cases act it out in real life,i.e.they beleive,so they are,phycologicaly damaging,and nowadays,videos,games etc,are getting more explicit,more evil,and should not be encouraged.It all leads to a kind of mass hysteria,just like the beleif in phsycic vampires,people r so afraid they will get drained,they turn away people in real need,just so the individual can protect themselves,and they are turning away a soul in need,isn,t our purpose on this earthplane to help those in need. Yes,it is true,when in the company of depressed,disturbed souls,we do feel drained when they leave,if you have true faith,just think protection,thought is a powerful thing,so just think protect,close your chakras,especialy the solar plexus,even if u must,imagine the person in a bell jar,but do not turn away from them,they are sent to us for a reason,there are so many books written about how to protect against phycic vampires,each with their own different method,it becomes confusing,and confuses people,as to what is the right way,this in itself,drains your own energy.Just be in the moment,that is all we have,protection is just a thought away,mass hysteria,is self prophesising.life is a learning curve,we are here to learn lessons,not to dwell on the negative,before we can help otheres,we have to be able to help ourselves,and that starts by learning to love oneself,our path in life is already paved for us before we arrive on this earth,it is up to us to take knowledge from the bad times we go through,it is then we learn,to help another,is to help oneself,as for vampires,of the blood sucking variety,its just a myth,that has been glorified into films etc,we are the person,the soul,spirit,at this moment of time,luv and hugs x
schenn
Posted 4/19/2008 11:55 PM (#4486 - in reply to #1900)

A recent study has shown that violent crime has decreased DRAMATICALLY since violent video games became the norm. Besides that, violent books, magazines, stories and even the bible (extremely violent and gory in scenes; talking about bashing babies heads on rocks) have existed since the dawn of man. Man is a violent animal. But through our mental evolution, we leave behind our NEEDS for violence, though not completly. What you're forgetting is Humans used to be able to hunt and fight each other for competitoin. Obviously we can't do that anymore, so our violence has gone digital so that it can continue but at no real loss. I guess its time to bring up this discussion because I'm tired of defending the shadow.

Look at a Ying/Yang symbol, you'll notice two distinct areas. Theres the Ying, The Yang, and the whole circle. The Ying (Divine) is in total peace and control of itself. The Yang (Ego) is animalist. Instinctual in nature and very very primal. Both are part of the same whole. Divine influences Ego, and Ego influences Divine. As it was explained to me by the universe while exploring,

The Divine is in control of everything at all times, however this control removes desire. How can you desire for something you can't have if you can just manifest it. This is WHY the universe created Ego. Ego is mankinds driving force. It's what tells us what to do. I WANT!! is the language of Ego. Going back to the circle (Ying/Yang) Assume you decreased the strength of one of the sides, which do you believe would happen. That the other side would become stronger, or the entire circle would weaken. (Truth is both) In order to have a healthy "Self" one must have a happy/fulfilled Ego, and a happy fulfilled Divine.

As Anubis explained it to me once.... (best explanation I've recieved so far)... Ego has no idea what it's doing. Divine knows all. Ego THINKS, it's in control because It doesn't know better. What it doesn't know is Divine is feeding it information. Divine is in control of Ego. To have balance, one must have balance in BOTH Their Ego AND their Divine.

Again, Hell doesn't exist. EVIL doesn't exist. Some extremists that find suicide bombing the best answer believe what their doing to be holy. Not evil.
Evil is a HUMAN attachment to events. A HUMAN doesn't like something, so the HUMAN attributes it to evil, but what the HUMAN doesnt understand is, that evil was created by Divine. They are both part of the same circle. Just change "HUMAN" to "EGO". "Evil" is what the catholic church deemed evil as it inflates the Ego. Because The church doesn't believe in balance. They believe in fear and control, and the only way to propagate this is to give people something to be afraid of. By increasing the divine, you may get "good" people. But you dont get WHOLE people. Only HALF people. A WEAKENED circle. Which leads to stagnation.

Again, The Ying/Yang shows us that we must balance our Shadow and our Light. The Ancient Egyptians believed that when you died your heart was weighed against the feather of Maat. The goddess of balance. If your heart was too light (positive), or too heavy(negative), you would be eaten by Apep!! In fact, if you go back pre-christianity, you'll find that the vast, vast majority of faiths required their peoples to be balanced between the positive and negative for "salvation/enlightenment/etc"

Coming back to modern times, the vast majority of violent media releases has been to keep people distracted. By keeping them as animals, people behave like animals. Human Ego (as a whole) is tantalized by this media. This has allowed those who use the knowledge of reality against other people to retain their power as humans (in general) are too distracted by the flashing lights and flickering colors of the media to challenge those in control. Though, that seems to be fading as of late...

P.S. Those that are in fear of Evil, are forgetting about reincarnation. Murder suddenly doesnt mean as much when the person you've killed will come back to life. Giving your entire life savings of millions of dollars to those who are truely in need of it suddenly doesnt mean as much because they'll die anyways and come back to life to start fresh and new. Stop living in fear. No offense, but you sound like someone whos Divine is far out of balance. I'd say it's time to do something nice for your ego.
schenn
Posted 4/19/2008 11:56 PM (#4487 - in reply to #1900)

Also... please, please, please... I havn't said anything so far.... Spaces, Enter's, Punctuation. These are nessassary things to use when talking about anything on a forum. Please, please, please start using them.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/20/2008 12:17 AM (#4492 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

OMG, Are you my TWIN????

Finally, another person who LIKES their shadow side. As I like mine too. While I will not let it get out of hand... I still love my dark side. I couldn't agree more...... Schenn...... where have you been?

Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 4/20/2008 3:17 AM (#4499 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all:
     Schenn, would you tell me what studies have said that violence has decreased? We would need to know this, as I have the feeling that you and Sunn are not talking about quite the same thing.
     Solarflower, reflect on the fact that humankind is predatory and kills to eat. It's in our genes. We have canine and incisor teeth. Predation is inherently violent.
     Also, I forgot who replied about blood, but the RC (Roman Catholic) priests say "Take ye and drink, for this is my blood" at the time the chalice is held up for the glorification of god. Indeed symbolic today, for it is a cheap wine (Muscatel), but where did the language come from? Where did the imagery come from? Where did the ritual come from? Even if purely symbolic, how has the symbolism changed over time?

Pax Vobiscum,
Marty and Passover Cats, Luckyoisha, Poppyoisha, and the SissyGirloisha
sunflower
Posted 4/20/2008 6:24 AM (#4502 - in reply to #4486)

Elite Veteran

rubbish,get fact right
Supernatural3
Posted 4/20/2008 11:04 AM (#4504 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Ok Marty... As I am clueless..... but my husband grew up Catholic, so I asked him where did they get the blood part from. He said it began at the last supper before Jesus's crucification. Jesus took wine, and called it his blood. He said something along these lines of "This is my blood, drink my blood and it will wash away all sins". Now why it had to be symbolic of blood???? who knows. My guess is that he knew his blood would be shed the next day. Maybe he not only knew he would live on, but he would live on symbolically too, if his blood was mentally in everyones veins. Does seem a little Vampiristic to me.

Other than that, i don't know. I never did get the whole deal about it. I know i learned a lot about it too, but it just seemed too far fetched in my own opinion. But I am not a religious person, just spiritual.

schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 1:13 PM (#4510 - in reply to #1900)

Here's info from PBS website. http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/impact/myths.html
"
1. The availability of video games has led to an epidemic of youth violence.
According to federal crime statistics, the rate of juvenile violent crime in the United States is at a 30-year low. Researchers find that people serving time for violent crimes typically consume less media before committing their crimes than the average person in the general population. It's true that young offenders who have committed school shootings in America have also been game players. But young people in general are more likely to be gamers — 90 percent of boys and 40 percent of girls play. The overwhelming majority of kids who play do NOT commit antisocial acts. According to a 2001 U.S. Surgeon General's report, the strongest risk factors for school shootings centered on mental stability and the quality of home life, not media exposure. The moral panic over violent video games is doubly harmful. It has led adult authorities to be more suspicious and hostile to many kids who already feel cut off from the system. It also misdirects energy away from eliminating the actual causes of youth violence and allows problems to continue to fester.
"

----
This video clip is a must must watch!!! The founders of Harvards medical school center for mental health and media discuss this topic.

http://kotaku.com/380761/kids-who-dont-play-video-games-are-at-risk

----

More links:
http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/03/20/experts-violent-video-games-can-...
http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/05/0809videogames.html
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070403-study-finds-stable-pe...

I think I made my point regarding violent video games. And like I already said, other forms of violent media have existed since the dawn of man. The bible talks about bashing babies brains against rocks and murder and rape. Comic books have been out for 80 years and those are exceptionally violent.

I'll say it again, Humans are violent animals. We used to be able to hunt, wrestle, and do other forms of physical competition to demonstrate our "alpha-ness". But in this point in civilization, we are no longer able to do these things, so we act them out in video games to A. prevent anyone from actually getting hurt B.Be violent but with no consequences.

Granted there have been 3 instances since gaming became normal where there was a single kid going into a school and shooting his bullies, but A. he was bullied. B. They came from broken/unstable homes and C. They were mentally broken to begin with. I'd also like to say, that in my high school, there were drive-by shootings, and many many beatings. These were done by gang members who didn't play video games. But, since they were gang members, the mainstream news orgs just ignore it because, well, they were black kids and mainstream news is racist. My freshman class had 250 students, I graduated in a class of 69. The rest were arrested (1/3 of them to be exact) for gang related crimes, expelled for violent acts or flunked out. I repeat, gangers did not own violent video games at the time as A. way way too poor to afford a computer to play doom and quake and etc. B. This is soon after the release of playstation so many violent video games hadn't been released yet.

They were violent, trying to compete with each other, but only could do it physically as they did not have a digital means of competition.

Edited by schenn 4/20/2008 1:21 PM
schenn
Posted 4/20/2008 1:18 PM (#4512 - in reply to #1900)

oh, and DocJ, I've been living here in Portland, Oregon for the last 2 years but before that I lived in Peoria, Illinois for 7 hehe.

A lot of other spiritual groups I've been involved in succumb to the same problem. Overstrengthening of the divine, weakening of the ego, weakening of the whole. So I remind them of the importance of shadow, and I have yet to have someone disagree with me on that. heh.

This is really interesting to me, I seem to know more then I thought I did heh.
mruppert
Posted 4/21/2008 9:56 PM (#4525 - in reply to #4502)

Hi-alai SunFlowerPower;
     Okay! Would you tell me what is rubbish and what are the facts?
      Oh, and just as a little bit of byline, good old Helianthus annuus, coarse stalked, bright petaled, with seed pods rich in oil......people either extract the oil (blood) or roast the seeds and eat them (take ye and eat of this for this is my body).
      Didja ever notice how they turn to face the sun? It is like they always want to be in the limelight, like Broadway stars! I had some that grew to be eight feet tall. Incredible!!!!

Peace n' Love,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead, and the SissyGirl, who is now blind as a bat.
sunflower
Posted 4/22/2008 3:37 AM (#4528 - in reply to #4525)

Elite Veteran

i yi yi,mr muppet,r we being personal here.rubbish...viollent video games are affecting young kids,in their explicit imagery,phycologicaly,what we see,as kids,goes into the subconcious mind,games now,i.e.the one were the kids pick up prostitutes,have their way,and explicitly murder them etc,is this good,phycologicaly,spiritualy,crime statistics are constantly changing,to suit the ploice fedration records,i.e.aren,t we doing a good job,look around my friend,no,crime of serious,violent nature has increased,kids watching video games,etc,are bound to be phycologicaly influenced,subconciously,games are getting more violent,so is crime,we are influenced by what we read,and see,the 2 senses,that are important to our being.yourself,and shenny,are talking in words so big,you should be members of parliament,fact,is seeing what is happening in the world,on the world news,outside your door,in your neighbourhood.You sound so defensive of video games,etc,anyone would think you actualy own such a busness,selling such stuff!!! There is much connection between at least four well known members,each with their own agenda,lucra seems to be important,this is a public forum,as well for ordinary!! people,to have nice,peaceful spiritual opinions,is that what this is not all about,or ami missing the point,you and shenny,turn it into large,mindboggling debates,we,as the general public,will need to become members,to understand what level your on.The sunflower,a lovely plant of nature,serves many purposes,naturaly,the colour,the seed,for nourishment,etc.As i have said in previous post,nature,provides all for free,in abundance,for healing,and nourishment,not just of the body,but spirit,soul.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/22/2008 7:45 AM (#4530 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

Oh dear; I hesitate to contribute here for fear of escalating matters. Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread; yet perfect love casteth out fear. Holy Communion and the Mass derive from Christ's methodology of communal meals, culminating in the Last Supper; seems to me to be a bit of a stretch to say that is vampiric. Except perhaps the cultural/cinematic appeal of vampirism speaks to our shadow selves, as does the crucifixion (I am speaking as much symbolically here perhaps even more than, religiously). Joseph Campbell and Sir James Frazer had much to say about the roots of comparitive myths. Apt to some of these debates as a prize quote, for me anyway from Joseph C., which is that, 'Life lives by killing ... that is the great mystery that the myths have to deal with'.

Not wishing to be patronising or demeaning to anyone's passions out there, but seeking rather to see the common, unifying factor(s), I just wonder if the contributors to the debate have somehow picked up and are acting out in the debate the shadow aspects that are immanent in matters such as this? Perhaps we need to join spiritual/psychic hands and allow the light to shine in....
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2008 10:07 AM (#4532 - in reply to #1900)

Hi all;
     Sunspot, what you are not reading is that I AGREE with you!
But what I am also saying is:

" DIRTY HARRY CALLAHAN: You know, you're crazy if you think you've heard the last of this guy. He's gonna kill again.
District Attorney Rothko:How do you know?
Harry Callahan:'Cause he likes it."

The above is a classic line from the movie, AND a truly frightening concept!

Shenn engages us with debate, as it may be his "way" on the path to enlightenment. I appreciate and am flattered that Shenn chooses to respond to the sometimes idiotic things that I say. However, I think that his statistics are just that, "statistics", which oftentimes are contrived to belie the truth of things.
      PJ, I am a graduate of The National Pontifical Coeducational Catholic University of America, aka Catholic U. I understand what you are saying. But, I am also aware that symbols and symbolism (particularly those that have talismanic power, and in the case of RC's transsubstantial or transmogrific power) are rooted in a reality.
      Sunnyday.....I cannot use words other than the ones I have written to express what I am feebly attempting to explain. If I offend anyone, then I am truly sorry, as I know the power of the pen, but oftentimes do not realize the consequences of using it.

Your servant,
Marty and Cats, basking in the sunshine of this lovely morning!
P.S. When I had the joy of knowing my stepdaughter, I never once called her by her real name; always her nickname....as that was a term of endearment to me....a closeness that only she and I shared. When I play around with peoples screen names, it is because he or she has had some sort of significant impact on me; and it is my way of extending the hand of friendship. If I ever offend anyone by doing this, please just tell me, and I shall stop.
sunflower
Posted 4/22/2008 12:06 PM (#4536 - in reply to #4532)

Elite Veteran

mr muppet,i must say,you do make me laugh,even though at times you infuriate me,i do not know you personaly,nor you I,but when i read your reply,your reference to my name,made me laugh out loud,i think its about time we held out the olive branch,muppet,for laughter is a true medicine,and i feel in my bones,nay,my stalk,your a very nice spirit soul,with humour in abundance,maybe i do take things too serious,as i am pasionate about spirit,and people who suffer at the hand of others dark side,leaving families to cry in the dark,shall we dance in the sunshine,love and light to you my friend.
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:10 PM (#4538 - in reply to #1900)

Thank you for not getting upset, I do enjoy starting debates because it forces people to think about things they may normally not consider. I enjoy making people think outside the box theyve established for themselves. That's the Anubis in me. If we limited ourselves to our preconceptions, we'd never learn anything.

A few comments;

Firstly, back to the vampirisim, I have a lot of personal experiences when it comes to vampirisim and so for me, its not a myth. Dracula, Anne Rice, etc. Those are fictions based off a real thing. For example, Star Trek: TNG is a lot about politics in the mid-90s and even covers a lot of metaphyiscal topics. You just have to pay attention to it. Star Trek is a fantasy, but the topics it covers arn't. Theyre just stretched and exaggerated to make the stories more enjoyable.

Secondly, about the video games. Yes I am defensive when it comes to the media because I've played violent video games my whole life. As does every other person under 35 I've ever met. There have only been 3 incidents of kids going into schools and shooting people, but practically every single person in the country plays violent video games, watches violent movies (or sports for that matter) and etc. And if it truly led to horrific behavior we would be in a state of complete anarchy. Its obvious that you havn't even sat down and tried to play a violent video game to base your opinion on but instead base your opinion on the christian psychological studies which are conducted by the same people who ranted and raved about comic books being violent. Simply because it's easier to blame video games then say "where did the parents fail". Elderly christian senators, the media, and bad parents are looking for a scapegoat to blame the problems of the country on. And since they absolutly refuse to look at themselves, they need to point the finger and say "thats the bad guy" My johnny would never have been violent if not for video games!!
- Really, and the mental/emotional/physical abuse he was going through had absolutly nothing to do with it?
- NO not at all, we're good parents, thats why we dont lock our guns in a secure location (my step-dad wouldnt even tell me where they were), or teach our 5 year old kids the difference between fantasy and reality before sitting them down in front of an adult game/movie.

Also, I listed a lot more then just statistics... Please watch the video clip from the founders of the harvard medical center of mental health and media. Its an excellent interview.

When it comes to the fear that youre describing, which sounds more likely. Fear of violent video games due to a misunderstanding of the media, or violent video games/movies/and music are tearing our kids minds apart. (which is obviously not happening or every single kid in the country would have a gun and be killing everyone they come in contact with)

I am getting on about this topic because its a topic thats been going on for over the last century. It started with comics, then when it was proven in time that comics had no effect, they pointed the finger at rock and roll. Then when time proved rock and roll had no effect they pointed the finger at movies. Then when time proved that movies had no effect, they pointed the finger at video games. Its the same argument and frankly, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of people who are afraid of their own possible failings commenting on how horrible the aspects of various medias are simply because they dont want to say... "I screwed up in raising my kid"

The last generation is known as the gimmie generation, because of their lack of interest in their parents, and in their kids. This is the first time in history that wealth is not being passed from parents to kids. Its the first time in history of america that the younger generation is unable to outperfom the older generation because of how the older generation refuses to do anything for their kids. You want proof, look at our economy here in America, look at the state of our schools, look at the quality of families over the last 50 years.

But, its easier to blame video games for our kids unhappyness then the rampant destruction that our parents greed has wrought on our country. (my parents were wonderful, very loving, though my father and step mother were very emotionally/mentally abusive. But thats because my father was very emotionally/mentally/physically abused by his parents and it takes 3 generations for the abuse to stop (Yay I'm the third!!))

And statistics may be alterable, but those are the federal crime statistics. Which say how many people are in prison, why their in prison and how their minds worked before and after arrest. Not, gamestops statistics, not best buys statistics. Its basically a head count by the police.

Video games are also very expensive. The xbox is 500 dollars, ps3 is 500 dollars, games are 50 dollars and the required pieces are another 50. So, total for one violent game = 600 dollars. How many children do you know with 600 dollars in their pocket? I know the UK has a lot of problems with youth gangs, but they can't afford violent video games... And they're acting out against the oppressive government and culture of the UK.

Edited by schenn 4/22/2008 1:33 PM
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:15 PM (#4539 - in reply to #1900)

large mindboggling debates???

I've been on here for a week and this is the only debate I started... and it's really not that mindboggling... It just requires a person to stop running on auto-pilot and actually think for themselves for a minute instead of just relying on what TV tells them.
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:18 PM (#4541 - in reply to #1900)

Also, the games your pointing out are for adults. If kid-kids are playing them then like I said above, then the parents failed. And don't just write off my topics because I'm intelligent and use english and grammer correctly. (for the most part, I know my spelling and punctuation isnt perfect)

Edited by schenn 4/22/2008 1:20 PM
Tracy
Posted 4/22/2008 1:26 PM (#4542 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Check out Eckhart Tolles new book "New Awakenings." He writes a lot about violence, personally and socially, and our attraction to it because of our own inner pain. This pain creates an 'identity' for itself that is fed by the pain around it. I personally believe that we have the tools and the spirit to radically change and evolve ourselves and society to relate to one another through the Heart. There are more ordinary people, and folks interested in healing in all fields than the pain driven pain seeking media reveals.
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:28 PM (#4543 - in reply to #1900)

oh, and Americas prisons are the equivelent of the 4th largest city in the country. We have more people in prison then any other country in the world. So don't tell me cops arnt arresting people so they can say how good a job they're doing. If police stopped arresting people because things were so good, theyd be out of a job as this is a capitalist society and the money can be spent elsewhere.

Edited by schenn 4/22/2008 1:29 PM
Tracy
Posted 4/22/2008 1:38 PM (#4544 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Scary but true. The U.S incarcerates more citizens per capita than any other country

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_pri_per_cap-crime-prisoners-p...

And this is interesting too, the number of Crime Victims puts the US 15th - perhaps many in prison are there for 'victimless crimes?'

Edited by Tracy 4/22/2008 1:55 PM
schenn
Posted 4/22/2008 1:53 PM (#4545 - in reply to #1900)

Anyway, Video games and the related media are wayy off topic on this post, so I wont comment on them anymore. I trust I made my point and I don't want anyone to think I'm getting personal. (i'm not, I just enjoy making people think)
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2008 3:12 PM (#4549 - in reply to #1900)

By golly, Trace started a long-lived post.......
Hi all....
     Tracerino concludes that there are lotsa people in jails where the crime is "victimless" and I agree with that. I (and this is my personal opinion only and do not advocate one way or another) do not see drug use or drug possession as a "crime." To me, it is more of a "social" issue, that can be addressed in a completely different manner than incarceration.
      But, one another note, The Natural Law Party ran a presidential candidate an electionor two ago, Dr. John Hagland, who claimed that he would, indeed, try to empty our jails and make those that were there productive, at least to the extent that they would not need to be supported by tax dollars fed into a dead end system.
      His way? Transcendental Meditation!
      Was he a dreamer, a fool, a charlatan?
Interested in your thoughts!

Peace to all of us,
Marty and Antsy Cats
Tracy
Posted 4/22/2008 3:20 PM (#4550 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Can't hurt to try! I have seen some documentaries about other methods of meditation being taught in prisons, mostly foreign prisons, with a high success rate. Success being that the person felt much more balanced and peaceful and did not return to jail.

Getting back on the topic though, neediness such as this psychic vampirism can be addressed by teaching people to empower themselves, to reach inside themselves and find the beauty, strength, and unique talents that belong to each of us. Spirituality points us in that direction. Rather than remaining in a victim mentality, dependent on others for our sense of self-esteem, we find our own source of confidence and power within.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/22/2008 8:01 PM (#4561 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I don't believe someone could steal my energy by just being near me. I know they could spite me, and then i would most likely let them get to me, thus giving them my energy and me becoming down. But that is rare for me. I am the one who will smile at everything and always be for the most part 'happy go lucky'. If someone likes to stay around me, it may be because they want that light that i shine so freely. But i give it freely, in hopes that it sparks their igniter to their inner glow. (lets call it a pilot light)

My pilot light is always on. I choose to turn up the heat, or dim it down. It's always been my choice.... even if I LET someone else dim it down for me. I could always CHANGE my thoughts and build it back up.

So the term psychic is just a mental state of thought.... One can be easily drained by simply letting someone get to them, or don't let them. The choice is each of ours ~
sunflower
Posted 4/23/2008 3:11 AM (#4564 - in reply to #4541)

Elite Veteran

Lordy,Lordy,Lordy,ok,shenny,your intelligent,good at using computer at speed,have much knowledge of useless statistics,can write and understand big words,waatched video games from birth,fountain of knowledge,oops,said that one,can,t keep up with you,well learned,well read,respcetful,kind,considerate,listen to all view points,have nice hair,dress well,oh,and do you beleive that violent videos corrupt our society,i,m not sure,do you beleive in phycic vampires,so much too ask,all in all,i think your a lovely,kind,special,spiritual soul,well advanced,and may we part in peace and love.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/25/2008 9:45 AM (#4666 - in reply to #4561)

PhD Alumni

Dear Supernatural 3

Reflected on the idea of having energy stolen since I read your post. I think one of my own 'problems' that might otherwise be a 'gift', possibly, is that I allow myself to act as a kind of spiritual or emotional sponge. Perhaps this is common for people in the so-called 'helping professions' (which of course we go into in order to help our inner selves). But it is quite scary what one can 'pick up' and become overwhelmed by. Then one loses capacity to discern and understand the energies going on. This can be seen maybe in the film 'Jesus of Montreal', where actors performing a contemporary passion play actually begin to be put into, and live out, the roles of the Biblical characters by the institutional forces at work.

I came to UMS with a profound sense of ultimate 'burn out'; which the process, especially the meditations have helped significantly to free myself of. It also links with misguided ideas (from certain religious perspectives) about self-sacrifice. Not sure where I am going with this, but just felt a need to respond, even though disclosing a vulnerability.

Blessings
Paul
Chotuni
Posted 4/27/2008 6:17 PM (#4764 - in reply to #1900)

Regular

i believe entirely in psychic vampirism as a few years ago i went to a meditation class but this went on to become a psychic circle and during a deep relaxation i felt as though i was being vampired for want of a better word.for a long time after i could not meditate as well and always felt exhausted after.needless to say i stopped going but it took a long time to recover??????? ????????
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 4:03 AM (#4778 - in reply to #4764)

PhD Alumni

That certainly resonates with me Chotuni

Shalom
Supernatural3
Posted 4/28/2008 4:53 PM (#4831 - in reply to #1900)

PhD Alumni

I am not sure what I believe. Because i do believe in free will, and control over one's energy. BUT, i too have experienced a lagged feeling after being around certain people, who just seemed to rub me wrong. Maybe it's magnetic.... when two opposing sides face each other, they push apart, but if one is vulnerable at any precise moment, it can but sucked right in.

I guess to remedy the situation to be try to be aware of the drain. The moment you feel it, get out of there.

I don't know who would be able to control this to do it on purpose though.... It's mental.

Maybe it exists in our heads only, maybe it doesn't.

But if you take a physicist, who doesn't believe in metaphysics (all science and no spirit) they will deny it to ever happen to them.

I think this all comes down to belief again. And I am torn.....
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2008 5:28 PM (#4845 - in reply to #4831)

PhD Alumni

I think it is an issue, and an issue for healers/therapists especially. As a psychotherapist, one is trained to rely on one's 'counter-transference', but properly, that becomes to be a,ike a mystical merging of oneself with another, yet also, one needs to retain a freer part of the self to interpret; yet again, in Chrssitianity, we are taught to sacrifice the self. In Buddhism, we have the 'no-self'.

And in holistic mysticism, we lose god and self and the world, to become empty, then be filled by the cosmos.

No wonder vampires have a field day ... seriously, to find the world, the great religions seem to teach that we must lose oursleves, yet to be tru to the God within, we have to retain & love ourselves. 'Nuff said (for now!)

Katrina
Posted 7/30/2009 8:44 PM (#16289 - in reply to #1900)

Student

*bump*
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2009 4:44 AM (#16294 - in reply to #16289)

PhD Alumni

Goodness Katrina, you have been rooting in the basement ! I can never seem to get my system to go that far back .... re-reading what one has posted so long ago is interesting. Not sure what you meant by 'bump' ? Should I be worried ?!!
Katrina
Posted 7/31/2009 8:43 AM (#16299 - in reply to #1900)

Student

LOL - Thought this thread was interesting but it was getting late, and I had to start working on my next writing assignment, so I "bumped" it to the top so I wouldn't loose it.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2009 7:24 PM (#16313 - in reply to #16299)

PhD Alumni

Late here too, now: midnight:25

Vampire hour

'Night 'night All

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/31/2009 7:25 PM
mruppert
Posted 8/2/2009 12:11 AM (#16339 - in reply to #1900)

But Katspaws and Paulio,
     No one ever said they watched the movie about pyschic vampirism which I encouraged. It (pyschic vampirism) does, indeed, exist....I think the movie touches, in a way, that energy may be transformed. The movie's writer certainly showed quite specifically that vampires "fly" by means of astral projection.
Since I was dabbling in early Quantum theory, and debunking "energy" healers at the time....this  movie seemed to be very appropriate. It turned my thinking around quick time!

All of this revolution of thinking occurred just because I have a schoolboy crush for Karen Black. It is a strange world...I still love her in a silly way....loved her in "House of 1000 Corpses" but hated the movie. She is old and wrinkled now....and so am I...but she's still beautiful to me....PYSCHIC VAMPIRISM?

Peace and Love,
Young Marty and Old Luckylee, Poppyhead and Ancient Sissygirl
Katrina
Posted 8/2/2009 9:35 AM (#16346 - in reply to #1900)

Student

The term Psychic Vampirism implies a negative connotation which is not entirely accurate in the depiction of this phenomenon. The theory is, when we interact w/ people, especially ones we have a 'connection' with, our energy body can send out an etheric cord to that person where transference can take place. This usually is not done consciously or maliciously (but can be under certain circumstances). This cord acts as a channel, ideally being a two way street, giving and taking equally. This cord can also explain why we instinctively know when someone we care about is upset or hurt or about to call. Most often we receive our life force thru Source, but when we or those we love cut ourselves off from our Source our energy body turns to these cords for rejuvenation - becoming a 'psychic vampire', at the same time draining the host(s) of vital energy. (The same is very true with enemies, attaching the same cord to send negative energy and draining the good from their intended victim.)

Many metaphysical teachings refer to surrounding ourselves with white or pink light, mirrors, or such as a method of protection. This will help keep clients or others from being able to attach cords in the first place, or only allow attachment for the best and highest good of both. Ms. Virtue's method of 'cutting cords' is very effective in restoring vitality when someone has attached a cord and is psychically draining you. (I will share below) Usually you will feel more energy in about 45 minutes and if you are around the person whose cords you cut, it is possible for you to see their energy drop suddenly in the same amount of time. Personally I have found by pulling the cords out and sending them back to the host with loving intentions, that they use this cord to reconnect with Source, the effects are quicker (20-30 minutes) and usually help the person whose cord you pulled, not drop so suddenly but instead have less noticeable shift in perspective.

Edited by Katrina 8/2/2009 9:36 AM
Katrina
Posted 8/2/2009 9:36 AM (#16347 - in reply to #1900)

Student

Interestingly Doreen Virtue teaches a method utilizing Archangel Michael, to cut 'etheric cords'. Most people feeling run down or energetically drained who use this exercise, feel fully revived and recharged within an hour. She suggests, sitting quietly, call upon the Archangel Michael to cut the etheric cords that are draining you of vitality and send the cords back to their makers with love and healing. Then visualize yourself and these cords being cut with a sword or sissors. Ask Michael to heal you and revitize your energy. Withing 30-60 minutes you should feel a shift in your energy.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2009 4:18 PM (#16349 - in reply to #16347)

PhD Alumni

Vampirism is merely a perverse eroticisation of the divine unfoldment, played backwards (hence, perverse)