Psychic Protection
RedQueenGenesis
Posted 5/7/2007 10:43 PM (#1832)
Subject: Psychic Protection

I am an Indigo adult, I find myself being super sensitive to negative energies out in the world. Since I do not intend to curl up and be anti-social I need to figure out how to protect my spirit. I have several prayers and books devoted entirely to this topic, however I still feel like I'm being beat by the negative energies of the world. I actually feel physical pain when I'm around people in pain and/or who have caused pain. Since I want to be a spiritual healer it is absolutely necessary for me to be able to protect myself while listening to people's stories. Ultimately what I'm asking for here is advice from those who've been there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dancer
Posted 5/7/2007 11:27 PM (#1833 - in reply to #1832)
Subject: RE: Psychic Protection

UMS Student

Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you but wanted to let you know that I have the same problem and would love advice too.
adbebbs
Posted 5/8/2007 11:41 AM (#1834 - in reply to #1832)

Have either of you tried surrounding yourselves with white light? Even though I have not experienced this, before I leave out of my house, I surround myself, home, vehicle, and where I work with white light. I'm sorry I don't anything else to offer.
Supernatural3
Posted 5/9/2007 10:17 AM (#1837 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

I will pass on what i know, from experience and various lessons here at UMS.

As a Paranormal Investigator, I am constantly exposed to negative energy / low vibrations. I am also Indigo.....

I used to think i had to surround myself in a white light of protection... but i later learned that in all conscious thought, to feel you need a white light of protection is actually lowering your auto-protect mode, because it makes you "think" and bring to conscious thought, that you need protection. At which we don't.

We all have what i call "Auto-Protect" built right in..... And there are only TWO choices in using this Auto-Protect.
1. On
2. Super

That is it.....

When going into a lower vibrational area, or negative environment, just mental turn your Auto-protect onto SUPER.

It really is that easy....

Now, you ask: What does this Auto-Protect Look like?

Answer: Imagine yourself as the SOURCE of light and love. It comes from with in... and spreads outward. Nothing can get to it, because all negative will be converted to positive by the time it gets to you.

Make sense? Imagine yourself as being the Sun to Earth....

That is it! It's easy.... No need to have to remember, but when feeling negative, just flip the mental switch to SUPER!

Have a Super Day!
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/9/2007 1:22 PM (#1838 - in reply to #1832)

Alumni

I have also been someone who gets overwhemed by negative energies, crowds. Several techniques have assisted in 'shielding' myself from this, the best one was a hypnotherapy session where I was surrounded by my own safe place (a cloud) and angels. I tried it many times and found it effective.

Other than that, for me, it was a matter of personal growth where I dealt with my own inner negativity, resistance, defensiveness, and judgment. As more self-empowerment, self-confidence, and inner healing has occured, I find myself more grounded and better able to stand in my own peace.

For me, the negativity around me was triggering unresolved issues of fear, shame, and anger. What I felt around people when I was overwhelmed was a disassociation, shock, numbness. Sometimes I would pick up others emotional states and think they were my own, I learned to affirm what was mine and what belonged to others.

Solitude does help and having a few loving friends in your life is also great. A lot of work with affirmations has also helped. Being careful of what you read and view is also important.

I can open myself up now, as a sensitive, when I want to, rather than feel 'invaded.' It took some work and determination and rigorous self-examination, and the fruit of it all is a joyful peace and acceptance of others. I am not freaked out by others anger any more, partially because it is not about me (even when they say it is!).

We are all responsible for our own mental and emotional state. I am choosing to make my mind and heart a beautiful place that I love to be in. Hope this helps a bit! Peace!

soulfire
Posted 5/15/2007 11:00 AM (#1840 - in reply to #1832)

Alumni

I guess my post was one that was lost...
I am not familiar with the term Indigo. But I am familiar with being an Empath. Research Grounding and Shielding techniques. Find one that helps you and be regular about it. I use a stone, among other things. IMO it is not just about a positive attitude and white light. There are definitely people who attack, whether knowingly or not, and can hurt us. ~SF
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 5/15/2007 5:32 PM (#1841 - in reply to #1832)

UMS Student

I am posting this again as my first post and some others seem to have gone missing

You say that you want to be a spiritual healer and indeed it seems that you have a gift in that direction. You can pick up on the pain of others. I would suggest that you do not actually need to protect yourself from this gift you just need to know how to use and control it. You do not want to protect yourself while you listen to people's stories either as this will act as a barrier from the link you actually need to them so that you can help them in the best way that you are able. What you most certainly do need is to protect yourself if you are being drained, but you can control this as well.

I suggest that when you feel someone else's pain, you figure out whose pain you are feeling, acknowledge this and then ask for the pain to be taken away as you have received the message. Then do what you can for that person in whatever way you know. If the person is not present still identify them and get the pain removed from yourself and send them a blast of healing, white light is always good as it will help to raise the vibration around them. I would suggest popping them into a bubble first to give them some protection and contain the white light or prana.

Do not forget to ask for help from the energies around you, oft times you must ask before you can be given any help, if you are committed to being a healer you will be given what you need.

If you are being drained then check out your ego, a potential healer should strive to be the best channel of energy that it is possible to be which means constantly working on yourself. In the past I have been literally brought to my knees by allowing people to drain me of my personal energy. A wonderful benefit of channelling healing energy to others is that you are given a boost for yourself as well. The best healers have little or nothing in the way of ego, you are just the instrument but you can certainly make yourself the best possible instrument for the purpose.

It is very good practice to cleanse yourself often; in fact it is absolutely essential. I can help you with this if you do not know how to do this and make sure that you cut off the healing when you have finished. There are lots of ways to do this also. Be aware that you need to give healing and then you must cut off, do your best and then cut off. I cannot emphasise this point enough. Do not attempt to carry another’s, pain or troubles with you. What you are actually doing is helping another to heal themselves by giving them a boost of healing energy or in other words unconditional love, open up that heart chakra and pump it out.

Hope that helps

Love and Light

Elizabeth

soulfire
Posted 6/1/2007 1:14 PM (#1918 - in reply to #1832)

Alumni

Hi. I am going to post this here in case anyone wants to know. If you are going to be working with energy it is imperative that you understand the things that go on unseen around us.

The very best book I've found about this subject is: "Practical Psychic Self Defense" by ROBERT BRUCE.

It helped me learn to protect myself, and also not to blame the people these things were acting through. I found it very helpful. Now I know what to do when I gt a psychic attack - regular for me b'cuz of family members. Personally I found that I needed extra help to go with the white light stuff... ~SF
Supernatural3
Posted 6/2/2007 9:43 AM (#1926 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

Just be careful, if you walk around "thinking" that you "need" defensive protection,
You will create the NEED for defensive protection.

Instead, Think yourself as GOD and NOT to need it, cause it's always there.
It's only when you let your own defensive protection drop, that it will.....
"Thought" is everything. If you don't think you need it, you don't.

So for those looking for constant protection, change your thoughts.....
BE THE SOURCE! Nothing will penetrate that.

Enlightenment will follow......
soulfire
Posted 6/2/2007 11:58 AM (#1928 - in reply to #1832)

Alumni

DocJ - The book does not put you on the defensive, thinking you need protection all the time - just to let you know. It tells you what you can dp should you need it and how to recognise the things you might need protection from. Mr. Bruce talks extensively about contacting your higher self/God self and how to encourace higher vibrations. I agree with you up to a point. Sometimes the attacks just come and you aren't looking for them.

My daughter, who does not know about such things & did not think of herself as vulnerable, narrowly avoided exploratory surgery and some other nasty things because I followed my instincts in the matter and listened when something told me the severe pain & fever she was experiencing was directly related to a person she'd had interaction with. **I am in no way advocating avoiding seeing a doctor in matters such as these**
I followed some of the things layed out in the book, added looking for her 'open door' - in this case a need to 'respect this person as an elder', and the pain & fever went away miraculously within an hour once I figured it out. It wasn't because she was looking for it. It was just there.
Love and light,~sf
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/2/2007 2:14 PM (#1930 - in reply to #1928)

UMS Student

Hi Soulfire

I do agree with you about being affected by others, humans or otherwise. I have in my day to day work as a healer/psychologist ‘et al’ come across so many people with every type of disorder, illness and disease, who are being physically, emotionally and psychologically affected by the people, situations and energies around themselves. You are so right to talk about un-needed operations, treatments & medical interventions that are often useless because the causes are metaphysical in nature. The times I have heard people say that ‘the doctors cannot do any more for me’, and provided there has not been too much medication and useless medical intervention, their improvement, which is often total seems to them to be nothing short of a miracle. I must emphasise that I help people to help themselves; I do not do it for them although I do help them to identify the causes. There is a book by Louise L Hay called ‘You Can Heal Your Life’, for all you out there reading this post try looking up your particular disorder, disease/s or illness/es and note the causes and affirmations. If you do not have any problems that is absolutely brilliant but the information contained in this book can help those around you. Don’t get the workbook as the affirmations are not included, this is a great book to start with and there are other authors who have produced books on this type of subject. We need to empower ourselves and these self help books can be a brilliant aid to us. Go to a second-hand bookshop and see what calls to you. You will often find just the right book waiting there just for you. I have been affected myself in the past and still occasionally now, the problems are very real but I do believe they are there to test us and help us to grow. It sounds like you trusted your own instincts and were proved right; do not allow anyone or anything to stop you doing this for yourself and those around you.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 6/2/2007 4:23 PM (#1931 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

Hi again..... (big smile)

I wasn't really pertaining to any books. I was speaking in general, due to being constantly subjected to negative environments when called upon in my paranormal investigations. Also as a hypnotherapist, it's amazing how much the mind is constantly taking in information and recording it, which will create one's reality. the majority of life scripts out there, have basically programed people into thinking that they are not as good, or not equal to God.... but not worthy, lower and needing to constantly prove oneself to others. Even if not aware of it, this programing for most part makes them vulnerable unless extensive metaphysical training / or spiritual awakening happens. Which is why we all have gathered here.... to awaken.

I wasn't meaning that anyone wanted negative things to happen, it just means that they still are not aware of WHO THEY REALLY ARE, which will allow them to be a victim. Make sense?

If you ARE God.... you don't need anything at all, but it's important to know it.
That was what i was trying to say, rather poorly i guess.

HUGS

Edited by Supernatural3 6/2/2007 4:29 PM
soulfire
Posted 6/2/2007 9:44 PM (#1932 - in reply to #1832)

Alumni

(((Back to you DocJ)))

Elizabeth - sometime when I have more time I'll tell you my story. You may find it interesting, especially working in the field of psychology. I suffer from a form of D.I.D. in which everything psychologically is manifested physically. So I am a strong believer in what you said. I think it has made me both more energetically sensitive and /or vulnerable to others' energy.

Blessings
~SF
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/4/2007 6:14 PM (#1965 - in reply to #1932)

UMS Student

Soulfire - I will look forward to hearing your story

Love & Light

Elizabeth
NothingEverything
Posted 6/5/2007 9:13 AM (#1977 - in reply to #1926)

UMS Student

Supernatural3 - 2007-06-02 9:43 AM

Just be careful, if you walk around "thinking" that you "need" defensive protection,
You will create the NEED for defensive protection.

Instead, Think yourself as GOD and NOT to need it, cause it's always there.
It's only when you let your own defensive protection drop, that it will.....
"Thought" is everything. If you don't think you need it, you don't.

So for those looking for constant protection, change your thoughts.....
BE THE SOURCE! Nothing will penetrate that.

Enlightenment will follow......

This is absolutley correct in my opinion.
And i believe that it is a good thing to be able to feel those negative energies.
that in itself is a defense i would say.
Supernatural3
Posted 6/5/2007 2:48 PM (#1979 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

exactly.... lol, in a tricky way. Kinda fail safe....
But then again, we inevitably cannot fail anyway.

I am glad you got what i meant. Sometimes my deep thinking is not to easy to write out.
Thank you!

redlotus
Posted 6/13/2007 1:57 AM (#2016 - in reply to #1979)

Hi All, Forgive me,
I just 'jumped in' somehow - with the magic of the Internet- into your discussion. As an 'observer' and a Baby-Boomer myself, I am noticing a wonderful trend. Yes, the Indigos are here in greater numbers. I am also an 'old' Indigo; as such, I too, had a hard time 'fitting in'. Elizabeth Ann and Soulfire may belong in the Baby Boom generation. In these times we needed books and other various resources, teachers, gurus, etc... to help sort things out. (Unfortunately, the resources were rare and not always readily available)...
However, the New Indigos, such as Supernatural3 and her generation will have little need for such 'crutches'... It is most NATURAL for them to feel that the Source (or God, as she calls it) is within as without.

This is a quantum shift we are experiencing. The 20-somethings and younger generations will have the ability to 'manipulate' energy in a skilled way, so that it can be used for many purposes, i.e. healing psychic, physical, mental or psychological dis- energies. I do believe Supernatural3, as she explained it very eloquently, that all of us have that ability.

Yet, alas, our old conditioning is the hardest block that prevents us 'older' Indigos to manifest it.
I can HIGHLY recommend you all to study the Mayan Calendar, as the count time to the Highest Consciousness is upon us.

There is a FREE video presentation on Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8689261981090121097&q=ian+...

Great Blessings,
elizabeth
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/13/2007 4:05 AM (#2017 - in reply to #2016)

UMS Student

Hi Elizabeth

Many blessings for your wisdom, I was wondering why I had to learn the very hard way, not that I would have wanted it any other way. I know that most people need help as they do not have the gift that Doc J obviously has, and this was making me very curious. However I am very well able to assist those in need, because I truly understand where they are coming from, old dinosaur that I may be, ha ha!

Now I know that my youngest son is truly one of the ‘new’ indigos, Elizabeth this all helps me to put more pieces into place.

Many many thanks for your part in my progress and understanding.

Elizabeth Ann
Tocho
Posted 6/13/2007 5:49 AM (#2019 - in reply to #1832)

Hi!

This is my daily affirmation, I hope that it helps you....

Every day the universe brings me loving people, who only have love, joy & peace in their hearts... I recieve this everyday as only love is real....

God Bless babe.xxxxxxxxxxx
Supernatural3
Posted 6/13/2007 9:53 AM (#2021 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

Awwww, Thanks everyone for thinking i am so young. LOL I am actually up there myself and about to turn 41. I spent already a good twenty years just studying physics / metaphysics. But, i will be honest of all the studies i have to say the most enlightening WAKE UP call were the audio books i listened to called Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch and Abraham by Esther and Jerry Hicks. The studies here at UMS then confirmed what i already knew, but gave me much more insight with plenty more tools to add to my existing feelings.

I would have to say, there are less Indigo's that are my own age, but i am not that far behind the baby boomers. I actually feel much older than i look and am finding more and more people my own age, who feel their path was near the same as mine. It's amazing.

I am a hypnotherapist now, so i have learned the subconscious very well and i specialize in Past Life Regressions, Stress, Anxiety and Depression.
I have absolutely no fear of death, because it's just change.... but i know beyond a shadow of doubt that i am meant to help people WAKE UP, (if they want to). If they don't, they eventually will anyway, so i don't worry about it.

Yesterday, i had a client and i took out her stress and anxiety in ONE hypnosis session, then i then subconsciously planted an anchor for anytime she was starting to feel anxiety that bothered her, she was to slap her hand slightly and it all would flow out, which would then calm her and make her want to smile. We then found in her Past Life Regression, that in her last recent life, she died from sickness of high fever and spots. She stated it was Scarlett Fever but she saw spots. She came in to see me because she kept getting hives that covered her entire body and couldn't go places, due to being embarrassed. She is seeing a regular doctor, but they put her on hard drugs(steroids) they couldn't find the problem. I think we found the problem and told her that she wasn't sick anymore and the spots would remain in the past life and she would feel so much better now.
She said she felt like a weight had been lifted.

The metaphysics combined with physics that i have learned is and has created my career that i finally love. I feel i am in my place and the indigo in me knew i would eventually find it..... everytime i was off my path, something major would force me to change.

Hypnosis is one thing i am fantastic at and have NO anxiety in doing it, and i can use my metaphysical training along with it.

You all are brilliant.... don't ever forget it. You are part of me and i am part of you.....
HUGS

LWW
Posted 6/13/2007 9:32 PM (#2023 - in reply to #1832)

New user

I was just reading this and it brought up my own journey through this. I have always been empethetic, and as such, suffered others feelings, ideas, even thoughts thinking sometimes they were my own.

These things are the things that helped-i'll try to keep it in order!

#1. I learned meditation as a young child. one might argue it hurt me in that i was more attuned becuase of this, but i know alot of people who dident learn that as children, and are just as sensitive as me. I am comfortable with meditation, and being on that level helps us with who we are, and who others are. that can be a help, knowing the diffrence. it took me a long time to REALLY always know, but i do now. I even spent a year mostly in solitude, so that i could learn this lesson. That helped.

# 2. When i become confused/overwhelmed i ask myself why and i step back. it's something taught in therapy, but i believe that spirit and mind have a link and we need to be able to work with both to heal; ourselves, and use our abilities to heal others. Over the years, i became better at this, and now it's a really fast way to re intergrate the energy, which goes into # 4.

# 3. I learned the lotus protecting method, which is so well known i wont even go into it here. i found it useful, but i also added to it, if somoen was really TRYING to hurt me (which i'mn sure you all know happens once in awhile!) as i was studying wicca at the time, and knew i could make my own spells. I used the mirror protection too, and now if somone trys anything i just pull it out and they fell uncomfortable and leave. This only is used on people who are trying to hurt, which the majority are not which, again, leads us to #4.
ahh, number 4.

At first, i used the white light. yeah. but as was mentioned, it takes energy to keep up.
I thinking alot about how it worked, and the idea that things won't hurt you if you don't believe in them, which is over simplification to say the least) but i had some judgmental people in my life at this point (witches, actually)
who were doing bad things. so i needed SOMETHING...i mediated. I came up with the space...the same thing as white light, only its ALREADY there. you see, as we are all god (well stated, and i'm agreeing), god doesent have to create anything god doesent want. god can transmute. for those who think transmuting is hard, spend an hour looking at a humble fern, or other house plant. It transmutes all day long. air to food for itself, sunlight to food. all you do is be a plant. people over complicate it..this is complex, this reality you see. go watch the matrix. thats what it is. and when somone is mad around you, or at you, just feel the anger going around you, and breaking up like stars. becuase thats all it is. energy. light. just like you. breath it in like a plant, and turn it into whatever you like. i know this may not be the best explaination, but trust me-meditate, and then go stare at a plant, you will figure it out.

mruppert
Posted 6/13/2007 10:06 PM (#2026 - in reply to #1832)

Hi all in this discussion.....can one of you just tell me what an "Indigo" is? I am completely and totally ignorant ...and not afraid to say so. This is how we all learn. But, I would like to read your definitions as opposed to doing some "googleing" For, in a scale of trust in reliable information, you all comes first, Google comes second.
With regards,
Marty
Supernatural3
Posted 6/13/2007 10:28 PM (#2027 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty..... (big smile)

I did start a thread here on Indigo children / Adults. Up until a few years ago, i didn't really know the term. Until someone looked at me and said that my aura was bright Purple and stated I was INDIGO..... I said "Indi - WHAT? and they sent me to a site that basically had some basic questions that normally fit the profile of a person who is indigo colored naturally in their aura.

An Indigo has a spiritual awakening, usually young in age and knows things, and tends to always be misunderstood, because they do not block out the spirit realm. While someone non-spiritual would naturally block out most spiritual tendencies and stick to NLP theories, instead of asking questions and have dis-belief in their psychic (sensative) side.

And Indigo is born with a reason... to LEAD, HEAL and awaken our spiritual realm.

Hard t do when your a child and your parents don't beleive a word you say or give you any credit... so most indigo's have had a pretty rough childhood, or were mis-understood most their life. BUT are now as adults very serious about the spirit side. Like US here.

Please look into the section about indigo..... and i have placed links in there. and other feelings.....

I am sure many of us here are Indigo..... Or are becoming so....
Some are born with it.... some learn to become it....

It's like a natural and partial Kundalini awakening to some extent.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/14/2007 4:27 AM (#2029 - in reply to #2021)

UMS Student

Hi Doc J

I have a question for you basically because you have mentioned your ill health so many times; indeed I felt a strong need to respond when you mentioned the potential diabetes problem at the beginning of this year.

With the gift that you have and as you mention that you are a healer I am curious not just about you but about many other healers who put themselves in the hands of a medical doctor, which I see as giving your own power away. From everything that you say I do wonder if you use your gift to help yourself and to discover what is happening with your own health.

You said ‘Hypnosis is one thing i am fantastic at and have NO anxiety in doing it, and i can use my metaphysical training along with it.’ So (again) I am wondering if you use this technique on yourself to help yourself and if so what were you able to find out and maybe sort?

In my pathway as a healer there has been so much for me to learn, firstly to help myself which I continue to do every day, then my family and now my clients. I realise that you must see everything in a very different way to myself and I would like to understand your viewpoint on this subject.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 6/14/2007 11:35 AM (#2031 - in reply to #2029)

PhD Alumni

Hi Elizabeth... Thank you for asking, i will try to explain the best of how i see it. (big smile)

I believe metaphysics is great and should be used in conjunction with your own health care physician then the benefits are fantastic. BUT there are things that medical science has proven, that metaphysical science cannot even compare to. We are not aloud to say we are MD's or that we can CURE a disease, only help aid or quicken the process with natural remedies. But sometimes natural remedies do NOT cure and to be honest, all the meditation in the world will NOT stop a heart attack or a stroke. We have a year training and we have a phd..... religious healing / Faith healing....MD's put in ten years or more in science and physics, chemestry, etc. BUT lets not forget WE ARE DEALING IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD. The human whole consciousness isn't just US, it's everyone. While the more people like us come around, we still have the majority "Thinkers" who create hell, in human form.

I found i did not have diabetes, but they never did find the cause of my tremors. I have had to give up my chosen career once again. The tremors have still very much been effecting me and trust me, if i could hypnotize myself, like i can others, i wouldn't be chunky or stressed. Meditation is NOT something i am good at. Especially when you have the shakes. They diagnosed me with essential tremors. It also runs in the family and is hereditary. My grandmother had it and now they say that i have it. I had nerve conduction tests done last Sat. and next week, i will have more tests done.

Sometimes hereditary things happen.... we are in physical world and one day, i will be perfect again, when i get rid of this physical shell that was born with flaws. Medical science has come a long way and i really respect that too. It's a nice combination that makes it work. Until then.... I am working on my problem. Using both medical and metaphysical means.

I do not GIVE my power away, because i AM everyone, we are all one.......So, i simply let my other self, in the form of a trained MD help me.
We as metaphysicians are not to tell people to never seek an MD. They too are healers. More science based, but healers. But we can sure add to the healing, boost it and give comfort that this physical body isn't all there is.

I am not upset about having this problem, it forced me once again to change careers and i am finding that i LOVE my new career that i found i am really good at. I do not get anxiety attacks in the process of hypnotizing others, like i did when trying to draw a perfect piece of art, on skin that was/ is permanent and my hands are going numb and trembling. WAKE UP CALL.... more like it. LOL

We must realize that it takes everyones efforts combined.... physics, metaphysics, science and spirit. ..... HUMAN!
HUGS to you!

Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/14/2007 2:50 PM (#2032 - in reply to #2031)

UMS Student

Hi Doc J

When I say I am a healer it is not based on a year. I spent three years developing as an energy healer, followed by five years of Nutritional Medicine, Naturopathy and Iridology which I followed with six years to gain my psychology degree and three further years working towards my Master degree in psychology, a huge amount of this was health psychology. This all happened before I joined UMS. My science degree started with two years of chemistry and at advanced level with the naturopathy I was studying biochemistry and pathology for two years of the five. This is more dedicated years to the art of naturopathic healing than I care to add up. I am science based but I do have a problem with side effects of prescribed medicine and I deal with the results every day, I hasten to add I do not use any prescribed or leisure drugs myself.

I must agree to differ with you as my experiences in the distant past with the medical profession most definitely put me onto a naturopathic pathway. I work w/holistically taking mind, body, spirit and soul into account. Yes there are some real healers among the medical profession especially amongst nurses and I do respect anyone’s right to choose how to help themselves. I do not tell people not to go to a doctor but I am interested as to why some people who know so much about healing and offer healing to others, choose to go down the prescribed drug route. The technology available now concerning mending broken bodies and malfunctions of the body and mind is awe inspiring, in the majority of cases and I am not questioning this.

I was curious so I asked; I did not mean to upset you or to pry.

Thank you for your response.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 6/14/2007 7:33 PM (#2034 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

It's perfectly ok to disagree, and it's all good. I never point to any specific person... but, i do have MD's in my family. I was raised around the medical field and my first cousin has his own family practice. It's hard for anyone in my own family to accept my metaphysical training as anything legit and they laugh behind my back all the time. UNTIL NOW.... now they are scared because i finally have something over them, HYPNOSIS! lol and i am good at it. LOL (and yes, i have lots more than one year of metaphysical training too) but some things are needed medically that spirit cannot fix alone while we are in physical (human) form. So i don't think it's an argument, at all and never took it that way. but i do think that both sides are very much needed, I just wish the two would merge a little more than they have.

BTW i have gone the herbal rout too.... couldn't find a single thing that helped that was legal. But then again, my head is busy in school with many things, and five kids, and two kids starting college and running a very large paranormal organization, plus my business. My plate is very full....
It's all good, because i still feel blessed that i have my family and good friends like you all.
Thank you!
HUGS
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 6/15/2007 3:48 AM (#2035 - in reply to #1832)

UMS Student

Hi Doc J

Just a suggestion about the hypnosis. Have you considered making a tape for yourself? It might be well worth a try.

I prefer to add culinary herbs to foods especially salads rather than use them as medicine, I grow lots of herbs for this purpose alone. There are so many other natural methods that can be used such as naturopathic water remedies, psychology, cognitive behaviour therapy, iridology, flower remedies, bio-chemic tissue salts ( these can work almost like magic!!), guided visualisation, nutritional medicine, crystal healing and colour therapy, listening and so much more. I draw from all of these depending on what is best for each individual.

Love and Light

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 6/15/2007 10:27 AM (#2038 - in reply to #1832)

PhD Alumni

There is a method to real hypnosis, making a tape of myself is not going to get me into a deep catalistic stage, where it can take a hold. There is a huge difference between meditation techniques and deep hypnosis. Until i took serious classes, it wasn't until then that i found that getting someone into catalistic hypnotic state, takes an anxiety build..... not relaxation. The relaxation then takes place 'after' the drop into hypnosis. If i make my own tape.... i don't get the anxiety build. I also an not 'physically' suggestible, I am an emotional suggestible, meaning they have to 'infer' the suggestions and not directly do it while using my own interaction to know when to continue. The techniques are very hard to explain and very different than meditation. BUT, they work like a charm every time. However, i have looked into getting other types of hypnosis cd's, but they always add music to the background, which hinders the session, like adding a crutch. Music is fantastic for deepening techniques in meditation or deep relaxation.... but it's a distraction for the most part in hypnosis.

I have been trying to find another student in my own area to perhaps trade favors.

I will add more herbal foods into my diet as you suggest too, sometimes i do forget to eat right, but getting better about it.
Many hugs!