Ring of Fire.....Research Question
mruppert
Posted 1/15/2007 2:31 AM (#1348)
Subject: Ring of Fire.....Research Question

In the hope that I can find a community of people of deeper insight than other websites, I would ask anyone here who has seen "Ring of Fire-An Indonesian Odyssey" to comment on the third film, entitled "East of Krakatoa." In this segment, a healer uses a modified and personalized form of acupuncture to relieve an eye ailment of one of the Blair brothers. As remarkable as that may be, this healer goes beyond that! He takes some newspaper from one of the camera crew and crumples it up. He then sets it on FIRE with his hand.
I have watched it in three media, each time looking for the "trick". I have slo-moded, frame by framed it and I don't see anything that says that what I see is not really true.
So, I have concluded that it really happened.
Any comments would be appreciated!

Yours in peace,
Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 2/21/2007 4:02 AM (#1540 - in reply to #1348)
Subject: RE: Ring of Fire.....Research Question

UMS Student

Hi Marty

I watched a program about this within the last seven days. I do not think that this was a trick, the 'healer' also put chop sticks right through tables. In the program I watched they said that it was years before he would allow anyone to film him. After the chop stick stunt up through a formica clad table which damaged his thumb and hit one of the film crew right between the eyes with a wooden splinter he had a sleepless night and decided never to do these stunts or to be filmed again.

One thing that made me wonder was that the brother had since died and the surviving brother, the presenter also had healing for an eye problem and wore an eye patch, I did not really catch what was going on with their eyes.

Elizabeth Ann
mruppert
Posted 3/19/2007 11:31 PM (#1565 - in reply to #1540)

Hello Elizabeth Ann:
Sorry to take so long to read your reply...can you tell me where you saw the chopsticks?
I tried to contact the surviving Blair brother, but have not had much success.
You probably know more than I do, as I am new to this, but when the healer describes how he generates the energy to create the fire, he points to areas of his body, which, I am told are chakra points???? Do you know anything about this?
Thanks for your reply,
Regards,
Marty
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 3/28/2007 2:45 PM (#1577 - in reply to #1565)

UMS Student

Hi Marty
I've now got some time to answer, I've been a bit busy writing up my thesis. The one program that I watched on British TV contained the scene where the chopsticks were used. I beleive the healer was actually pointing to his solar plexus (just above the belly button) which is where he and all the martial arts bring their 'chi'. I think that is how you spell it. If you look at any martial arts disipline they all work with this centre. Tai Chi is all about this energy as well, once you perfect this you become very balanced and in tune with the Earth and cosmic energy. In the program I saw the healer had gone away for a time maybe a year or two to meditiate and devote himself to the teachings and clear himself to become a better channel for his healing. Healing is all about chanelling divine energy and the clearer you are the better you will be about to work.

Hope that helps a little, I work as a healer myself but not in the way that this man did, he is exceptional in his field.

Best wishes

Elizabeth
mruppert
Posted 3/28/2007 9:49 PM (#1582 - in reply to #1348)

Thank you so much, Elizabeth. I will email you.