Just diagnosed with diabetes
Supernatural3
Posted 1/12/2007 5:34 PM (#1344)
Subject: Just diagnosed with diabetes

PhD Alumni

Hello everyone, been having problems but didn't think it was serious. Got my test results back and Doc say's he needs to talk with me about my options. That every test came back positive for diabetes. He didn't tell me whether it was type 1 or 2, so i am sitting here, twittling my thumbs while waiting. ARGH. Monday i will find out more.

Anyone know anything about natural ways to combat diabetes?
Thank you greatly~
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dancer
Posted 1/13/2007 3:09 PM (#1345 - in reply to #1344)
Subject: RE: Just diagnosed with diabetes

UMS Student

So sorry to hear that. My prayers to you on finding the best remedy.
Try Mercola.com he is a holistic Dr. that has a huge website where you can search for back articles. I'm sure there are many on diabetes and natural remedies.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/13/2007 10:15 PM (#1346 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

Thank you very much, will have to check it out.

Blessings!
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 1/15/2007 4:19 PM (#1352 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Hi, it has taken me a little while to register and log on so that I could reply to you. I would guess that if you have diabetes then it will be mellitus type 11 as type 1 will normally start in childhood or the teenage years. The good news is that diabetes can be controlled by diet. If you look on my website under articles you will find one titled Wholefood Diet Guidelines which you can print off and this will help if you are not already eating in this way, it is not one specifically for diabetes. Oats are particularily helpful in balancing out blood sugar. Generally it is wise not to eat fruit on its own as this can trigger excess insulin, have some protein at every meal to stabilise this. Fish is excellent and so are nuts and seeds.

Do you have a copy of 'You Can Heal Your Life' by Louise L Hay, it is a brilliant book, if you do not have it let me know and I will send L L H's details of probable cause with a new thought pattern to you.

As everyone is different you may need to consult a Naturopath such as myself so that a full case history can be taken and I'm sure that there are many books on the subject. My mother and Uncle were diabetics and I went into nutritional medicine because I did not wish to take that route myself.

Best wishes, please get back to me if I can be of more help.

Elizabeth Ann
Laura Phillips
Posted 1/15/2007 5:29 PM (#1354 - in reply to #1344)

There is a great book called Prescription For Nutritional Healing by James and Phyllis Balch, MD, it is a terrific resource for using nutrition to correct health problems, I use it a lot and its really helpful. They have a lot of information and remedies for Diabetes in there. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but as you know, mind over matter is real, and of course working with the inner causes can always cause a miraculous turn around! My thoughts are with you! Blessings, Laura
ormus
Posted 1/15/2007 8:06 PM (#1356 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Gabriel Cousens has had great success in treating diabetes naturally. You can check him out and his center at www.treeoflife.nu

Blessings on your journey!

There is no such thing as an incurable dis-ease!

- Ormus
Tracy
Posted 1/16/2007 6:04 PM (#1358 - in reply to #1344)

Student

I really sense and have faith that you can deal with this through diet/nutrition. Love you, appreciate you, and seeing you immersed in Light and Love. Now I am going to look at Elizabeth's website.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/16/2007 11:09 PM (#1360 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

Hey..... I have GREAT news.
While i was very upset that the secretary did what she did, when i went in to talk to the doctor about my OPTIONS, he confirmed to me that i was NOT a diabetic, and my cholesterol was normal too. The only reason he said he wanted to talk to me, was because of my triglycerides. That was the only thing high.... and they scared the crap out of me, for nothing. However.... he still put me on the diabetes 2 diet. Because he said i need to lose weight and that is a good diet to do it. It's basically close to the Adkins diet. But i will look through all the suggestions given here.

I was so happy about my results being the opposite of what the secretary lead me to believe, that i didn't even tell him that i was in panic mode all weekend. ARGH.... all i knew was... i wasn't bad after all. WHEW! lol

Thank you all for all the support. It's 100% appreciated and valued.
HUGS and Blessings~
Dancer
Posted 1/16/2007 11:26 PM (#1362 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Happy to hear that. Don't you wonder why it happened that way? Were you supposed to be freaking out all weekend for some karmic reason?
Supernatural3
Posted 1/17/2007 4:55 PM (#1370 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

yes, i agree... it made me do some research on better ways to eat healthier, regardless of a problem or not.

i am changing my eating habits.... even if it's a slow change.

HUGS
Tracy
Posted 1/17/2007 5:02 PM (#1371 - in reply to #1370)

Student

Hey Jill, Congratulations on loosing your diabetes diagnosis! Hooray! Fresh raw fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds are the way to go.
steelie
Posted 1/18/2007 1:32 PM (#1383 - in reply to #1371)

I am certainly glad that you don't have diabetes, but what a nice response you got from your online friends. I personally am a somewhat hypoglycemic and sense that Elizabeth's advice with balancing out blood sugar is probably applicable, yes?
Aronya
Posted 1/18/2007 6:03 PM (#1391 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

I just read all the posts regarding your diabetes scare. I am sorry you had to go through that, but I agree, there IS a reason for everything. When I switched to a raw, organic diet in March of 2006, the change in eating coupled with complete dedication to my spiritual path, did wonders to relieve all of my symptoms of dis-ease. I lost 48 pounds and was able to decrease the dosages of all my prescription medications or eliminate them completely, under the supervision of my doctor(s).
Tracy
Posted 1/18/2007 6:26 PM (#1392 - in reply to #1391)

Student

I also switched to a raw, organic diet six months ago. Leaving behind dairy, wheat, sugar, processed foods, fried foods. Hardly any arthritis symptoms left, after thinking I might end up disabled and unable to walk. Mind is clearer, emotions are lighter, lost 35 pounds. I am satisfied by the foods that I eat. I know that I am following an inner wisdom and life force guidance that is life enhancing. Initial challenges were not that big of a deal compared to how much better I feel now.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 1/18/2007 6:44 PM (#1393 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

I wrote this about 14 years ago just after I qualified at an intermediate level in Nutritional Medicine so reference to old age diabetes has now been superseeded by diet related diabetes but I hope that it will still be of interest. I now also beleive that potatoes with or without their skin can be a problem food best avoided in hypoglycaemia and diabetes mellitus type 11. There is obviously very much more that could be added on the subject but my wholefood diet guidelines mentioned previously does give more detail. Yes it is all about balancing the blood sugar levels.

HYPOGLYCAEMIA
Fatigue on rising which improves during the day is a classic sign of hypoglycaemia. If it proves that the individual does indeed have hypoglycaemia, steps can be taken to correct this imbalance by nutritional changes. These changes need to include good supplies of the B vitamins together with calcium, zinc and chromium, giving up sugar and sugary foods plus the control of the carbohydrates ingested. Unrefined complex carbohydrates take much longer to be broken down and utilised by the body, thus alleviating the sugar 'rush' that the refined foods produce.

Many diseases and illnesses, can be attributed to hypoglycaemia, such as migraine, asthma, hay fever, rheumatism, arthritis, diabetes, depression, heart disease and tinnitus, to name a few. Hypoglycaemia can play a major part in alcoholism, food cravings, allergies or food intolerance, overweight and smoking. Because the blood sugar is low, the body then craves for a 'fix' to make the symptoms of unexplained fatigue, headaches, nausea, sinus problems, water retention, digestive disorders and irritability or depression, go away. The brain needs constant glucose to function and when this is not available the body then craves for food, especially sugar.

When sugar is taken in the form of refined foods, the body converts these immediately and the result is an overload of sugar which the liver will have trouble processing, this in turn can lead the liver to deposit this overload as fat within the cells of the body. This sugar overload will also stress the pancreas by its production of high levels of insulin. Hypoglycaemia precipitates diabetes II which can appear in old age, after years of an unsuitable highly refined carbohydrate excess. Then the pancreas will be unable to function properly any more. Low blood sugar is seen as a 20th century epidemic, along side many other disorders caused by an inappropriate diet.

DIABETES
Old age diabetes is often the result of a lifetime of pancreas abuse. If the pancreas is bombarded every day with refined sugar as contained in cakes, biscuits, ice cream, sweets, confectionery, chocolate and a mass of other processed foods, it has to work very hard to cope with the refined sugars. Refined sugar gives an immediate blast to the system causing a 'high' which then swings to a 'low' which is when more sugar will be craved. This obviously turns into a sugar addiction with accompanying mood swings. On the other hand complex carbohydrates such as jacket potatoes, brown rice, oats, wholemeal bread have long chemical chains which the body breaks down slowly, thus giving a constant steady supply of sugars. Wholefood contain nutrients which are lost by processing. Peel a potato and you throw away the vitamins required to process that food properly, this applies to most food.
In India Beri-beri was the result of eating white rice which had the outer husk removed, instead of the whole grain. The husk contains the nutrients the body requires to digest the rice properly. If the pancreas is overworked there will come a time when it will just give up and the result will be diabetes, a high blood sugar condition.

Hypoglycaemia which is a low blood sugar condition often precipitates old age diabetes. Most alcoholics and slimmers are likely to be hypoglycaemic. With a balanced wholefood diet old age diabetes is avoidable.

Edited by Elizabeth Ann 1/18/2007 6:45 PM
Aronya
Posted 1/19/2007 4:59 PM (#1402 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

I have been on a diet of mostly raw organic foods for almost 10 months now. I have lost 48 - 50 pounds, my acid reflux symptoms have disappeared, and my emotions are much more stable. I have been able to stop taking the medications I needed for over 11 years.

Jill, it's funny how connected we all are. Yesterday was the first time I have come to the General Forum, and I read about your diabetes scare. Last night about 5:10 pm, my doctor called me and told my my blood test came back pre-diabetes! I had told him before I took it that I hadn't eten anything since 8:00 pm the night before, but I did have coffee in the morning with cream in it. He told me that I was pretty close to fasting levels, and to have the blood work done anyway. Well now it has come back pre-diabetes, so I fasted last night from 7:00 pm until 9:00 am and re-tested. I really don't believe that I have pre-diabetes; my sugar levels have alweays been normal.

I told my doctor that I don't eat sugar, and he said that even thin people can become diabetic. It's amazing that he "thinks" I am thin! I have been maintianing a 48 - 50 pound weight loss for about 7 months now. I have eaten badly off and on all my life, especially engaging in a lot of sugar abuse. It could have taken a toll on my body, but we'll see how the re-test comes out.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/21/2007 5:00 PM (#1409 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

wow, you all are so wonderful. I beleive there is a HUGE connection factor going on here. I know i do not eat well and my doctor let me know that is wasn't the fatty foods that did me bad, it was the charbohydrates. He wants me to cut back on breads, pasta's, potatos, but not cut back on raw fruits and vegies, or meats. So far, i have TRIED to cut back a little, but it's SOOO hard, when you have to feed a family of 7. We live on pizza and spaghetti, because it's easy to feed a lot, with minimal funds. We are not hurting, but really live tight with funds. This ofcourse is temporary, because not only will i manifest more money, i will attract better health. LOL and mean it. REALLY!

I really hope your second set of tests come back normal. I know what it's like to be scared that perhaps your own body isn't doing it's job. For me, it woke me up.... i know i should take much better care of myself and eat better. I love all the suggestions and the awesome support.

Love and HUGS
Jill
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 1/23/2007 4:15 AM (#1424 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Hi Jill

I do understand what you are saying about finance and feeding seven. Can I suggest again oats which are very cheap but exceptionally nutritious and also dried beans and peas which again are very cheap and can be soaked and cooked or sprouted, they contain excellent protein and are very helpful for pre diabetic and diabetic conditions. Porridge made with water (no need for milk, honey or sugar) with various fruits, seeds and nuts added is a great way to start the day and will balance the blood sugar, I often add cinnamon. I've included details on sprouting.

Sprouting

Bean, seed and nut sprouts are without doubt the best revitalising food it is possible to eat. Beans contain both protein and carbohydrate which are very difficult to digest, but they are magically transformed when sprouted. Once these beans, seeds and nuts are set into growth you have a plant embryo which will have everything the plant requires to mature provided you add water and sunlight of course. Sprouts are full of vitamins and minerals. They are also very cheap to prepare.

Just soak a quantity of beans, seeds or appropriate nuts overnight. Give them several washes in water first and discard any broken ones as they will not sprout and can decay. Rinse these thoroughly the next day, put them into a container and place them in the airing cupboard or similar dark warm place. Rinse them twice a day and make sure that they never go dry. Within a very short time you will have some shoots. You can eat them at this stage or let them grow a little more. Mung beans and chick peas are very easy to sprout and they taste very sweet. Mung beans taste like newly picked and shelled peas as first. Once you get into this habit it is so very simple, you could carry them with you in a plastic bag still growing, maybe tucked into a rucksack if you are travelling. Once the shoots are the size you require put them in the fridge for future use.

Hope this helps

Very Best Wishes

Elizabeth

Supernatural3
Posted 1/23/2007 10:46 AM (#1425 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

Thank you very much for sharing. I do buy alfalfa sprouts and love them on a whole grain bagel with cream cheese. LOL That is the best neutritional snack i have been able to eat. LOL

I will have to check into beans and stuff like that.

Thanks again,
Jill
Aronya
Posted 1/24/2007 5:24 PM (#1432 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Hi everyone!

I still haven't herd back from the doctor and I re-tested on Friday. Wonder why he hasn't gotten back to me yet??
cause
Posted 1/24/2007 9:12 PM (#1435 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

I have been reading these postings with a mounting sense of alarm these past few weeks. the reason for the alarm was that I too was being tested for diabetes during the last part of the forum. For some reason I did not wan't to share this information. The test has come back negative and I am relaxing alittle. This has become an interesting syncronicity. Let's pray that none has to suffer the diesese. Good luck ayronya!

Edited by cause 1/24/2007 9:13 PM
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 1/25/2007 3:25 AM (#1437 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Aronya & Cause

As I said before Diabetes Mellitus 11 can be controlled by a good diet which is also a preventative for pre-diabetic conditions.
Aronya why don't you contact the doctor to find your results so that you do not worry yourself about something that hasn't happened. I personally have been battling with this myself for many years, strange there are so many of us in this forum.

Very best wishes to you both

Elizabeth
Aronya
Posted 1/25/2007 7:08 PM (#1443 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Good afternoon, Cause, Elizabeth, and Doc Jill!

Just got word from the doctor's office. My re-test turned out negative for diabetes! YAY! My blood sugar level was 88 this time because I did a true fast. It was 110 the first time because I was not planning to test when i saw the doctor and told him I had not eaten breakfast, so he told me that I was pretty close to fasting so I should take it anyway. It turned out that the cream in the coffee was the culprit. Friday I did a total fast, nothing but water, so I tested normal as I always have in the past. I am so glad, because I have been eating very healthy for 10 months now. I eat mostly raw, organic foods. No sugar, white flour, or fried foods.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 1/26/2007 5:15 AM (#1447 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Hi Aronya

Very pleased to hear that

Best wishes

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 1/27/2007 11:02 AM (#1450 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

WOW.... congratulations on a normal test. Isn't it weird that we all went through the same thing? All tested, all worried and all negative. I am sure not everyone is as lucky as we are, but for some reason we were put through this. Maybe a test in our own healing capabilites..... We can heal ourselves, just have to have faith.

I am so happy that everyone is feeling good and now happy.
Keep us posted on any future news.....
HUGS
Jill
Aronya
Posted 1/29/2007 6:13 PM (#1452 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Yes, it was an interesting learning experience! I couldn't see how it could ever have been positive for me. I guess we will all make an effort to stay healthy, and maybe provide experience, strenth, and hope for someone who goes through this in the future.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 1/30/2007 3:21 AM (#1456 - in reply to #1452)

UMS Student

Hi Aronya

I was most impressed when I read just how you have changed your diet and lifestyle, there is so much we can do to help ourselves. We can then really help others by showing ourselves as an example.

Best wishes

Elizabeth
Aronya
Posted 2/1/2007 5:15 PM (#1465 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

I was getting very ill from the all the bad eating I was doing. It's been over 10 months now, my health is much better, and I've lost 48 - 50 pounds. I don't know about anyone else, but for me it's impossible to pursue a spiritual path when I am putting unhealthy stuff into my body.
Supernatural3
Posted 2/2/2007 6:43 PM (#1475 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

I too know that i don't eat all that great....i should eat better, but it's so hard. Food is good.... i am trying so hard to cut back on carbs now. It's a slow process, don't want to go into SHOCK.... HA HA HA I'm working on it SLOWLY.... i am drinking less coca cola, and buy whole grain bread instead of white. I also bought FUSE drinks, with vitamins instead. I also joined a Karate class, and am now on a Volleyball team. I think my body was screaming.... MOVE.... GET OUT THERE.... You're killing me. HA HA HA

Elizabeth Ann
Posted 2/2/2007 7:35 PM (#1476 - in reply to #1475)

UMS Student

Hi Jill

The exercise will be a great help, it's not just about food alone.

Very best wishes

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 2/2/2007 8:07 PM (#1477 - in reply to #1344)
Subject: RE: Just diagnosed with diabetes - now the shakes.

PhD Alumni

Thanks Elizabeth.... i sure hope so. This has all started from uncontrollable tremors. I have the shakes, all the time. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this crap. But, i will say this.... my entire business, (the part that makes money) is based on my steady hands. I just turned 40 and no way am i old enough to have ET. (Temors) I am about to seek a nourologist, or someone who specializes in nerve conditions. I cannot take this inner constant shaking. My blood pressure is fine, but i am always worried about something, so it seems. I always feel like a wreck, but my life is very good, i don't get it.
I haven't even been able to meditate lately.... cannot calm myself.
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 2/3/2007 4:40 AM (#1478 - in reply to #1477)

UMS Student

Hi Jill

Do you eat oily fish? If you don't and you don't eat linseeds or you might call them flax seeds you will now be very deficient in omega 3 essential fatty acids, this can affect the nervous system and much more. So if you do not like or eat wild salmon, mackerel, pilchards or sardines have some every day. If you do not want to eat fish then a good tablespoon of linseeds a day will help. Get some evening primrose oil in capsule form if possible, snip one open and before going to bed rub half into your upper inner arms and your body will absorb this and it will also make your skin nice and soft. You could well be deficient in many other nutrients which will not help but without a full history I cannot tell. I strongly beleive in getting most nutrients in food form rather than pills or capsules as the body has a much better chance of absorbing them without adverse side effects.

As mentioned by someone else maybe you are being pushed away from your present livelihood towards something else that is your destiny or life purpose. I link strongly with you as I beleive you are a tattooist, I had my first tattoo at 12 and I am now a quarter covered, mostly birds, insects and animals as these link strongly with my own pathway. With your permission I will focus on you and see what I can pick up, I will of course send you healing at the same time.

Keep your chin up, you are not alone, others will also help when they read this I am sure.

Love and Light

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Ann
Posted 2/3/2007 5:29 AM (#1479 - in reply to #1477)

UMS Student

Hi Jill

I have been focusing on you and immediately I saw a round sphere which appeared red and inflamed and shooting out from this were white electrical discharges like forked lightning. I flooded the sphere with blue to calm, cool and soothe which then turned to magenta as the colours mixed and then to the same colour as the surrounding area. For a while the sphere got smaller and smaller still magenta but the electical activity which was considerable was now yellow, then it became un noticable. I suggest that you wear blue, have a blue light bulb to bathe yourself in blue light, have blue around you to help with cooling and healing.

Love & Light

Elizabeth
Supernatural3
Posted 2/7/2007 7:43 AM (#1483 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

Wow, Thank you. I basically live in the color Purple. For it's my favorite color. We also watch sports, like our schools basketball team. My kids are cheerleaders, so we are very into our teams on our hometown. I really don't have much blue, but i do have a blue nightgown on, that i actually am wearing right now. lol

I am a tattoo artist, yes. but.... i have no intentions of continuing, since my nerves have been getting the best of me. Yes, like it's been calling me away from it. A sign....in a huge way. But it's a shame, because that is my only income generater. What am i going to do now?

I have plans with going back to hypnosis school, for hypnotherapy, but that costs money. I keep applying for loans, but they keep turning me down, because of my bankruptcy i had to file, after my divorce. I didn't want my new hubby to encure my debt.

I will concentrate on more blue.... and I am torn about fish.... I cannot stand fish. So i don't eat it. I do have fish oil capsils. You say to rub it on the skin, instead of ingesting it? I hope it doesn't stink..... i am smell sensitive. LOL

Thanks again so much. You all are like my extended family.
HUGS
Elizabeth Ann
Posted 2/7/2007 7:06 PM (#1487 - in reply to #1483)

UMS Student

Hi Jill

No please do not rub the fish oil on your skin because it will stink!! Evening Primrose oil is what you need for this and swallow the fish oil capsules.

Love and light

Elizabeth
Dancer
Posted 2/8/2007 11:30 PM (#1493 - in reply to #1344)

UMS Student

Is it possible you are having stress withdrawl? I found out that after a healing I had I kept having these intense anxious fight or flight feelings, but nothing was going on in my life at that time that would make me feel stressed or anxious. I went back to the healer and she told me that I was going through 'stress withdrawl' from my apparent previous 'addiction' to stress and that's why I couldn't relax for a few weeks.
Just a thought...
Supernatural3
Posted 2/10/2007 12:10 AM (#1496 - in reply to #1344)

PhD Alumni

I don't think it's stress withdrawl.... still have enough of it going on. LOL

I think i have pinpointed it. I think it is hypertension. (high blood pressure) when i went to the ER a few months ago, they told me i was boarderline high on the bottom number, which is the one you have to watch for. That also is around the time i started noticing the shakes.

I then talked to my mother, who is on blood pressure medicine (the minimal) but, she said to me that she started feeling tense all the time and was shaking. she had problems with it for about a year, before they realized it was hypertension. She described her symptoms and I'll be darned... her descriptions are exact to how i feel. I just thought my darn doctor would have paid attention to that, instead of testing me for diabetes.

My mom and I BOTH seem to have the same problems with our bodies... both bad thyroid, both have great cholesterol, both have same blood sugar, both have slight weight problem. ARGH.... but we both are very short. Hard to look bony, when your shoved into a 5' tall body. HA HA HA HA

Anyway, i really think it's hypertension. Now all i have to do is tell my doctor that I think i figured it out. Maybe he will actually CHECK it. you know... i never am stressed when i see a doctor....i am nice and calm, because it's a calm environment....maybe i will take all five of my kids with me...i bet my pressure shows what i always feel at home. LOL

I will let you all know.
Blesisngs~