Magick
Carmen
Posted 12/23/2006 4:31 PM (#1274)
Subject: Magick

I tried searching for a definition of magick. I got very many different answers.
Will someone please give me an honest definition of what this is?
I do know that magic(k) exists, and I would like to learn more about it.
Thanks!

May the stars watch over you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Christine Breese
Posted 12/24/2006 1:27 AM (#1275 - in reply to #1274)
Subject: RE: Magick

UMS

Really, there is no such thing as magic. Either that or everything is magic. You see, magic is considered magik because we simply don't understand the natural laws that are being used when "magick" happens. There are many undefined natural laws to the universe and reality, and we are beginning to discover them. For instance, thoughts having power to create reality is only the beginning of understanding magick. As we discover more ways of exploring magick, we are only discovering natural laws that have always existed already, and we are only beginning to learn how to utilize them. Once they become well understood, they will no longer be considered magick.

As we discover new frontiers, it will seem that there are more new ways to have magick, but those methods will also be discovered to have natural laws behind them and can be utilized as easily as we are learning with the methods we are already understanding. For instance, many things used to be considered magic in the ancient days, but now we know for a fact scientific facts that have exposed that it wasn't magick at all, but rather a natural occurence being utilized. The biggest natural law being explored right now is how our thoughts create reality, but that isn't magic. It is a scientific and proveable method and fact. So magick, in a nutshell, is only magick until we discover how it works. Once we know the laws of how it works, it is no longer magick.

Some people will probably disagree with this, but I guess that's my 2 cents worth!
Carmen
Posted 12/25/2006 4:22 PM (#1280 - in reply to #1274)
Subject: RE: Magick

Thank you for your answer.