What are You doing
MarkV
Posted 9/25/2006 10:02 AM (#940)
Subject: What are You doing

Hi Folks,
A while back Laura and I exchanged emails about sharing what each of us are doing in our practices. Initially, I think it was viewed as advertising, but after some discussion UMS has given permission for us to share what we are doing to Teach, Heal, Share and generally help others.

In order to keep this type of topic and alive for others to see, hopefully we can agree to keep this very professional, focussed on what we are doing and links to our own web sites for additional information. Keep in mind that if we want the metaphysical community to be viewed as a professional, informed, caring, and trusted part of the world, we best present ourselves that way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MarkV
Posted 9/25/2006 10:08 AM (#941 - in reply to #940)
Subject: RE: What are You doing

I'll start off with sharing my practice information:
- I am offering services as a Life Coach, and am graduting this December from the International Coach Academy, and International Coach Federataion Acredited coach training facility. The coaching I provide for my clients is focused around life transitions (career, relationship, life stages) as well as spiritual development coaching for those trying to find their own path. I can be found at www.lifedevelopmentcoach.com.

- I am also offering chakra tuning using a customized sound table and crystal bowls.

- A spiritual teacher friend of mine and I have launched an Internet based radio station called Mind, Body, Spirit Radio. We will be doing a full launch in Janary and are currently testing and putting together some initial programs. Programming will include recorded shows, live panel discussions, and listerner call in programs. The station's web site is www.mindbodyspiritradio.com

Thanks,
Mark

Laura Phillips
Posted 9/26/2006 6:19 AM (#952 - in reply to #940)

That sounds like great work! The radio is such a great medium for reaching people, too. Keep us posted with how that goes!
ormus
Posted 10/6/2006 5:16 PM (#998 - in reply to #940)

UMS Student

I am excited to check out your work in the future Mark. I am also planning on doing spiritual counseling/ life coaching. My emphasis in this work is going to be to work with people and their diet. It has been my experience that nutrition can greatly enhance spiritual awareness, in particular through individualizing a diet to a persons particular constitution and including lots of high life force raw food. I hope in the future to create a website where people can get in touch with me as well as write books.

I wish you the best in your path of service Mark.
Kiddo Green
Posted 7/30/2008 1:56 AM (#7970 - in reply to #940)

Hello-
My name is Cara. I am a new student with UMS.

I have been working the field of psychology, practicing counseling on and off for over 13 years. My areas of expertise are with high risk adolescents, addiction prevention with teens, families and children, and suicide prevention with children and teens.

I have been a practicing pagan for nearly 17 years, though my spiritual journey and exploration into various forms of mysticism began long before that.

My goal in participating in the UMS degree program is to 'legitimize' my spiritual counseling and bring faith into fore of my life's work. I believe strongly that it the spirit/soul that is crying out and in pain, rather than the mind.

I hope to bring faith back into the healng process in a non-demonational, professional and focused setting.

My plan is provide counseling, hold workshops and write books using metaphysical tools and methods and theories.
Kiddo Green
Posted 7/30/2008 2:00 AM (#7971 - in reply to #940)

that was supposed to be nondenominational. haha! what a laugh! What would Freud et al. have to say?
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2008 4:48 AM (#7986 - in reply to #7971)

PhD Alumni

Freud usually said everything was about sex, until he got old, then it was all about death (sorry, a joke a joke, my kingdom for a joke) ...

... in reply to this question, and just to show that I am paying attention, I think there is quite enough about me on the Board elsewhere under, 'meet some of our students', or some such ... but if you cannot find it please let me know ..
Kiddo Green
Posted 7/30/2008 5:06 AM (#7993 - in reply to #7986)

Paul Joseph, too true Freud did write much about sex adn its importance in our social development and/or drives/dysfunctions, however, he and others who followed him were keenly interested in the unconscious and wanted to give voice to the unconscious mind through psychoanalysis. So, I wonder then what 'non-demonational' settings I might set up??? Heehee.

I speak of Freud since most people know him, but I guess I should have referenced the Jung or the one of the founders of Object Relations.

CAn you tell I am getting sleepy???

Nigh nigh. yawn.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2008 5:10 AM (#7994 - in reply to #7993)

PhD Alumni

Night night then.

I did not dare disturb the universe ( a subtle quote from W R Bion, another great psychoanalyst) by daring to assume I might know enough about you to try to interprete any such possible or alleged slips of the pen - or other paraprax - that you might have made ... we'll have to leave that for another day !!

Nice to joke with you

Sweet dreams
Kiddo Green
Posted 7/30/2008 6:07 PM (#8040 - in reply to #7986)

Actually, JP, I don't know anything about you other than you are quick and well read. So, give me the low down. And, I would rather you tell me than go hunting/snooping for it on all the boards. What are you doing? What is plan?
Rose
Posted 7/30/2008 7:42 PM (#8043 - in reply to #7986)

Student

I like your Freud Joke...
instinctual
Posted 7/30/2008 8:02 PM (#8046 - in reply to #940)

PhD Alumni

I think that is soo interestingly humorous that you mention Freud, Paul and Rose and Kiddo!...because just a bit ago I was driving along mindlessly ( probably not a good idea )...and was thinking of you all...and I laughed out loud when I pondered how Sigmund Freud would address us and internally diagnose us with some sexual or fear based issue....and voila...here it is! Kindred spirits on the same page, for the most part, indeedy!

Edited by instinctual 7/30/2008 8:07 PM
instinctual
Posted 7/30/2008 8:06 PM (#8047 - in reply to #940)

PhD Alumni

Back to this thread, I have developed workshops for the Tucson area, and will eventually be web based, called "Caring for Those Who Care, A Spiritual Approach"- focused on helping the nursing profession with stress and burnout. (I belong to said group)
Kiddo Green
Posted 7/31/2008 12:38 AM (#8058 - in reply to #8047)

Nice Instinctual! Way to give back! Healing the healer. I like it. God knows nurses give more than they have sometimes and are certainly underappreciated. They need an advovate. (Please forgive me for I don't mean to be rude. My hubby just came back from a long bus trip and I am a little punchy and out of sorts...What also flashed in my mind, other than 'heal the healer' was 'coping with the codependent'. I am sorry. It is meant tongue in cheek (maybe I should just put tongue between teeth!) Too many years working in the recovery field.)
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 4:11 AM (#8069 - in reply to #8058)

PhD Alumni

Dear Cara

OK - (you might have noticed not long ago I was chastised for being too 'patronising', so am more than my usually reserved self ..)

... briefly & basically, I manage a social work charity for people who are homeless, addicted, or in trouble with the law across London ... also continue my psychotherapy practice as I am able to ... and also am a qualified university teacher (and have published the odd poem/academic paper/book) ... not long ago completed the UMS programme(s) ...

thanks for your interest x & like your postings very much

& glad you liked the jokes - Lori & Rose xx

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/31/2008 4:13 AM
Chotuni
Posted 7/31/2008 10:29 AM (#8107 - in reply to #8069)

Regular

Dear P.J., I have just seen your posting and felt very guilty at chastising you.Please accept my sincere apologies for any offence I caused you. I hope you can put it down to me having a "Bad Day" and we can move on. I have realised from the way others respond in various threads we all read into something with our own interpretation at that time. I can see you were not being patronising in intention and it was my problem I took it the way I did.Friends?
instinctual
Posted 7/31/2008 11:17 AM (#8108 - in reply to #940)

PhD Alumni

Cara! Amen, sista! That is exactly what I am addressing as a portion of my workshop..."typical" nursing personalities- codependency, the need to be needed, so forth...it is a huge issue creating the Toxic Vortex I refer to. Truth lies between the tongue and the cheek, no?

!! Lori
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 1:18 AM (#8129 - in reply to #8069)

PJ Thanks for responding. So, that is why I like you so much! Kindred spirit one might say. SImilar backgrounds anyway...though I don't manage my own charity, I have worked in non-profit for years. I would like to open my own business, though I am not sure that I would want to continue to work with the addicted, high risk population in that capacity. While noble, it is draining. Alors, chapeau, mon ami!

And, I am sorry you were holding back. You are clever and witty. And, remember that you are hailing from across a continent and over an ocean from many of us. There are bound to be cultural and language snags. You are educated differently and you operate in a different culture/government/social system and slightly different language. It happens.

I consider myself well educated and well traveled and still miss references. I feel stupid. Don't get me wrong; the feeling insecure is mu baggage. I love your jokes and quips. It stretches me! Keep them coming! Please!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 4:09 AM (#8141 - in reply to #8107)

PhD Alumni

Absolutely C, back to as we were ... sorry if my comment gave rise to offence ... Friends again of course !!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 4:12 AM (#8143 - in reply to #8129)

PhD Alumni

Dear Cara - wonderful, thank you ... I don;t manage 'my own charity' .. it is a charity of the Methodist Church, though i am not a Methodist and as it is a professional social work service, staff or service users don;t have to be religious ... though the spirituality of One Being Being One is what underpins our work ... and we also have links with AA , hence my interest in your comment t'other day

Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 4:54 AM (#8154 - in reply to #940)

"and we also have links with AA , hence my interest in your comment t'other day" - PJ

Ah yes, I thought that when I read your bio. It makes sense now.

C
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 6:04 AM (#8169 - in reply to #8047)

PhD Alumni

Dear Lori ... and all ... re: Nursing Stress ... have you come across the work of the British psychoanalyst, Isobel Menzies-Lyth, who undertook a classic study of nursing stress in the 1950s (or 60s?) ... called .. what was .. .. drat, cannot remember and the book is at home ... let me know if you are interested/do not know her/cannot Google .. something like, Institutional Processes (or Systems) as a Defence Against Anxiety