Terrorism and Spiritual Responsibliity
Laura Phillips
Posted 9/22/2006 8:05 AM (#922)
Subject: Terrorism and Spiritual Responsibliity

Terorism has become such a loaded term these days. I suspect that half the people they call terrorists aren't really terrorists, but rather it is a "hot word" that is used rather loosely. Anybody have any thoughts on this? And why in the world would anyone resort to true terrorism? What could be so wrong in someone's eyes that makes them want to "kill" others, especially the perceived enemy? I believe that poeple suffer a great injustice before they resort to terrorism, and that those who are the victims of terrorism need ot also ask themselves how they are responsible in the situation for causing it. For instance, would there be so much hatred toward the United States if our foreign policies weren't so unfair to the well-being of others? Would there be so much hatred if everyone was able to enjoy the abundance on this planet and not just an elite few? What do you think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
NothingEverything
Posted 9/25/2006 2:23 AM (#936 - in reply to #922)
Subject: RE: Terrorism and Spiritual Responsibility

UMS Student

Hey Laura,
I don't know, Terrorist in ones eyes are the freedom fighters in another's i think.
Its more of something the media, under direction and control of the government, use as a tool for propaganda.
we do it every war, and even in peace. Was America not founded by "Terrorist"?
I don't think England let us go quietly did they..? We where not a country either and yet we where at war.
America was founded by terrorist by any definition, of course its all up for personal interpretation.

Laura Phillips
Posted 9/26/2006 6:31 AM (#954 - in reply to #922)
Subject: RE: Terrorism and Spiritual Responsibliity

hmmm.... interesting angle. Yes indeed, the whites could be seen as terrorists by the natives who lived here. The Brits could be seen as the terrorists by the settlers who came here before them... it really is all about perspective with whether someone is a terrorist or not.
Dancing Daisy
Posted 9/29/2006 6:42 AM (#964 - in reply to #922)

UMS Student

I think that terrorism is actually inflicted by the United States more than any other country in the world. However, the USA does it more sneakily. The present government does it to its own people by fixing elections, changing longstanding laws for their own convenience, hijacking the nations financial assets under the pretense of "paying for a war" and making sure that children aren't getting a good education and that no one has adequate health care. I think it is all on purpose. What their final plan is and why they think that is going to be useful, I'm not quite sure, but the true terrorists are the people who are presently running this country. Is it terrorism if people don't actually realize that they're suffering because of economic manipulations? Is it terrorism if 500,000 children die because of governent boycotts and sanctions that make it impossible for certain countries to get medicines they need just because their leaders won't sell us the oil for the price we want? Is it terrorism if people are in ill health because their taxes are being used by Haliburton instead of their own local health clinics? Is it terrorism to bomb little children in Iraq who don't even understand what this so called "war" is about?
steelness7
Posted 10/2/2006 7:06 PM (#984 - in reply to #964)

You make a strong argument for our current elected leaders fitting into the textbook definition of what a terrorist is. Indeed, terrorists were historically people like our founding fathers who were throwing off the yoke of oppression, or at least fighting restrictive tax laws. What is interesting is they dressed up like Indians, who were considered the terrorists of that time, to toss all that tea into the Boston harbor. It makes you wonder what kind of illusions and mispercerceptions the powers that be are willing to create to get their way in these times...

It does seem like we, America, are truly the bad guys in this war on terror, especially since we are not actually pursuing terrorists, we are busy blowing up the infrastructure of Iraq and then passing out contracts to rebuild. It seems we could have left their country intact, but boys being boys apparently had to trot out their toys and blow up whatever was not intheir own interest to leave standing, i.e. the oil fields... What has become clear, according to recent intelligence reports, is that the loved ones of those killed, whether intnetionally or through 'collateral damage,' are then motivated to take up arms against the yoke of the oppressors, whatever the labels may be... When you look at how this administration and its backers manipulated the 2000 and 2004 elections, you really get the feeling that election fraud has led to serious mayhem. It's what it means to be a terrorist...
Christine Breese
Posted 10/4/2006 11:24 PM (#990 - in reply to #922)

UMS

What really makes me have to take a step back is to look at the judgment that comes up in my mid toward those who act in a terrorist fashion, be it those who are the oppressed or the oppressors, and wonder how my heart can be open even toward those who are acting badly. After all, if it's all happening inside the mind of God and it is all of God, then even a terrorist, be it a government leader or a rebel, is part of God too, just like me. How to come to terms with that is a little bit of a brain twister! To look at someone who dispenses evil and still have an open heart, hmmm... that's the test.
Aquarius
Posted 10/9/2006 8:59 AM (#999 - in reply to #922)

UMS Guest

Intuitively, I feel that not only the acts of terrorism in New York and London, but all other evil we encounter in our world, always represents both tests and opportunities for those who work as healers and light workers. The way I see it, we are constantly being tested at how competent we have become in this capacity. When disasters have been brought about through human intervention, how ready are we to lift all concerned – and I mean all and especially the perpetrators – into the light of the Highest Star, the Sun above the Sun, who loves and cares for us all? Such events will always present us with special opportunities for reaching out ever more for the helping hand of God and the Angels, so that they then can bless and heal our world and everything in it, through us. After all, isn’t that what it means to learn to walk hand in hand with God and the Angels?

With Love and Light,

Aquarius

steelness7
Posted 10/9/2006 5:35 PM (#1001 - in reply to #999)

this post was useful to me becasue I do forget to hold love & light in my heart for those who perpetrate these things. I write guest columns for the local paper that are critical of our leadership, and investigate the links between these folks and the events of 9/11. However, when I hold the light of forgiveness I can remember that these are people part of the bigger picture too, and they will see consequences when it is appropriate. Meanwhile, my love for the human species in general does in fact have to include those who tumbled these buildings down, slaughtered thousands - it is hard not to stand in judgement, but each person is part of the whole is a truth regardless of the actions of individuals...
Aquarius
Posted 10/11/2006 12:14 PM (#1003 - in reply to #922)

UMS Guest

Thank you for your response. In your guest column, you could act as a bit of a bringer of light into the darkness of the ignorance in spiritual understanding into the nature of things; maybe you are doing this already. The way I see it, acts of terrorism and natural disasters need to be viewed within the context of lessons we and our world have to learn, so that they can be integrated into the collective consciousness of our species. How aware are you that the world around us is always a mirror of what is happening within? And that inner manifestation always comes before outer? As a consequence, all disasters in the world around us are bound to reflect upheavals and major changes that are taking place on the inner levels of human consciousness and of all life. Above all things, such events drive the message home that we are all one world and that we all belong together. Such a wave of compassion and love, as huge as the water masses of the Tsunami that hit the stricken area, went out to the afflicted. The overwhelming response around the Western world to the suffering of all involved reflected clearly our inner connection with each other and all life.

With Love and Light, Aquarius

COLLIN
Posted 10/17/2006 10:26 AM (#1058 - in reply to #922)

Love and peace cannot come from wars and attacks. It can only be born out of forgiveness and our ability to share what Mother Earth has given to us all in bounty. But be that as is may ( Everything is happening exactly the way it supposed to happen ). This is what we have collectively created for our planet. As more and more of us choose peace and love the happenings on the planet will reflect just that. All it takes is that each one of us put out the feeling to love. Lets start with ourselves first, then our families, then our community , our country , then our continent and then the planet.

It has to start somewhere.

Lets not put our intention on ego driven Goverments but rather lets place our intention on love for all people and our beautiful planet.

Let it flow. Love from me to you

Blessed Be.
Aquarius
Posted 10/17/2006 1:05 PM (#1063 - in reply to #922)

UMS Guest

Thank you, Collin, blessed be those who strive to be peace-makers. The way I see it, we are all here to be seekers and bringers of light. Light in the spiritual meaning of the word is knowledge. God’s Great Light is made up of all knowledge that has ever been gathered, by all beings and in all worlds that ever existed, including ours. God’s Light is waiting to be tapped into, to help us dissolve all darkness and shadows, within ourselves and our world. Everybody has to play their predestined part in creating a world we can all enjoy together. To lighten the darkness that still is in our world, we need to share our light with those around us. ‘It’s all a dream and illusion now; it must come true – sometime, soon somehow ...’ It is important that we recognise and accept that the seed of Light is contained in everybody. We are what we think, and everything starts within as a thought, an idea, a dream, an illusion. They can be made into a reality, with the help and the Will of God, and by the likes of you and me. Hence the importance of thinking the thoughts and of dreaming the dreams we wish to come true.

We all are an integral part of the whole of life; every part is connected with every other. When one of us heals, our world and everything in it does the same. But there is no point in looking to others and expecting them to do what can only be done by us. And Healing is a DIY enterprise, if ever there was one! Yes, we can change our world and its people, but it can only be done through first having a closer look at our own behaviour patterns and inner attitudes, and changing those that are in need of it. The concept that everyone should first sweep in front of their own doorstep is by no means a new one. This is what Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor 121AD-180AD had to say: ‘If you work at that which is before you and follow right reason seriously, vigorously, calmly, without allowing anything or anyone to distract you, but keeping your divine part pure, as if you were bound to give it back immediately [which can happen any moment]; if you hold onto this, whilst expecting nothing, fearing nothing, but being satisfied with your present activity according to [your own true] nature, and with heroic truth in every word and sound that you utter, you will live happily. And there is no- one who can prevent this. ‘Accustom yourself as much as possible about anything that is being done by anyone to ask: ‘Why is this person doing this?’ However, begin with yourself and first examine your own motives.’

The reason why we first need to look at ourselves and our own motivations is that all things have their beginning and ending in ourselves. We cannot change other people and our world, but we can change our attitude towards them. Real and lasting changes can only ever be brought about through changing our deeply ingrained own thinking and behaviour patterns. If we wish our world to change and heal, we first have to find ways of changing and healing ourselves. What is required from us is a change of consciousness, a new approach of looking at ourselves, the people around us and our world with different eyes and from a different level of understanding. This change of consciousness is the rebirth and the healing that comes with it, which we and our world are now seeking.

With Love and Light,

Aquarius