Fasting
Carmen
Posted 9/1/2006 11:43 AM (#853)
Subject: Fasting

I have never tried fasting before, but I really want to. I know what it involves, but I need to ask some of you experienced for some good advise and tips. Thank you!

Love and regards,
Carmen
Top of the page Bottom of the page
IAMMiracles
Posted 9/14/2006 10:25 PM (#887 - in reply to #853)
Subject: RE: Fasting

Hello,
Fasting is really slowing......... and the : O during breakfast, lunch, dinner becomes a : ) instead. From within, the desire can come to simply not eat. So doing, one may take extra amounts of water during the day, and find the form being purified, more sensitive and more awake. Such states can then facilitate an Awakening as one's form and Self is more Now focused -- generally -- and so one may choose to be fully Present to the "Voice of God" and the Still Small Voice. This Presence means everything because It is our very Life. We must be disciplined to Feel this completely and totally in and through our being. Fasting assists because all the energy used to generally digest food, and it is a significant amount, can now be channeled directly to our God Presence and the elevation of our own vibrations can be felt. When one already has this strong connection, one eats little any way and uses the higher Light Force to sustain one's self. So one has no limits how far they wish to take this -- there are individuals who do not eat, and they are referred to as breatharians. Examples of this are noted in the wonderful book "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahamsa Yogananda. The entire book is illuminating. Also important to note, in some forms of healing another -- fasting and Decreeing our necessary. Beloved Jesus mentions that for some types of healings (possession), fasting was needed in addition to prayer. It is most important to have fun and be Happy. Fasting hopefully will add to that Happiness and then whether it is for one whole day or two, it can then be increased to four days and so on...... We are unlimited Beings, and you can know your body and Inspiration better than any one else. The Goal to reach the God-Presence is the objective, hopefully, and thus, with such intentions and motivations, all else will ultimately fall in to place. There is also a progression with diet from vegetarian to vegan to a raw food diet to breatharian or not eating. Thus, depending where you are, it may an idea to advance in that area as well as it would only help to Balance and give you the Perfection you desire. Enjoy : )

Edited by IAMMiracles 9/14/2006 10:31 PM
steelie
Posted 9/15/2006 2:25 PM (#891 - in reply to #853)

Hi Carmen, There are many more people here who have far more experience but here's mine. A couple of months ago I decided to fast. I started two days with fresh raw fruits, vegetables and juices and then three days of no food, much water, a little juice, and then back to two days of fresh foods again. It was difficult at first but I am so pleased with the things I experienced and learned about myself and connecting even more powerfully with the beautiful force of life and nurturing that is in me. Since then everything about my eating and drinking habits has improved tenfold! Memory and concentration has improved. I don't feel like an unwilling slave to appetites for foods that are not good for me, I feel more 'masterful'! I am experimenting more and more with a primarily raw food diet. Good luck with your adventures!
Peace!
Tracy
ormus
Posted 9/15/2006 3:25 PM (#892 - in reply to #853)

UMS Student

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. My fasting experiences have been some of the most profound moments of my life. I feel as though it is actually a slowing as well. Consciousness seems to slow down and release attachment from habitual modes of behavior. I have found that when I fast (slow) I really begin to see my life more clearly. Unfortunetly it often makes me realize how much I am on autopilot most of the time, but this also creates space for increased mindfullness and conscious intention.

As far as practical advice on fasting, I have found that juice fasting rather than water fasting has been more enjoyable. I think both are beneficial, however, I feel that with juice fasting you get added minerals that can help with the detoxification process that is bound to occur. I have found green juices to be the most powerful and balancing. To much high sugar fruit juices tend to aggravate my constitution. Many people have hypoglycemia problems, so fruit juices may aggravate this condition on a fast. Cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, and parsley is a very powerful green drink. The flavor may be intense at first, but for me it has now become highly enjoyable.

If you feel comfortable with it enemas or colonics can really aid the detox process during a fast as well.

Blessings,

Ormus