How has your life changed?
CrystalAngel
Posted 7/4/2006 9:43 AM (#660)
Subject: How has your life changed?

Since beginning on your spiritual path--how has your life changed?  Have your eating habits changed?  Your style of music?  Have you discovered what it means to be patient?   Are you aware of your every thought, of everything you do and put into your physical body?

Do you enjoy growing on this path?  And most importantly: are you having fun in this game called life? 

Blessed Be,

Top of the page Bottom of the page
eoswildcat
Posted 7/4/2006 2:35 PM (#661 - in reply to #660)
Subject: RE: How has your life changed?

UMS Student

bits have changed, some emphisis of study mainly (perfict example- Metaphysics has always been a passing interest, and now I'm here)
my spiritual Dicipline has grown and evolved, and I have be come more awaere of how my politics are entertwined with it. My eating habits changed when the first lover I lived with outside of my folks house and I parted ways. patience still eludes me much of the time, but at least now I'm a bit more aware that it eludes me
for the most part, yes I enjoy the growth,
and I am starting to learn how to have fun.
Tracy
Posted 7/5/2006 2:17 PM (#666 - in reply to #660)

Student

My life is always changing, sometimes dramatically. Since moving to Arcata, CA, joining the staff at UMS, and becoming a student, I believe I have a new flow of energy moving through me that had been blocked for years, unaffected by prayer or counselling. My diet has changed to mostly raw fruits and vegetables. I am finally able to drink copious amounts of water easily after struggling with that for years. I feel lighter, happier, more energetic and more deeply calm. Memory has improved and my ability to learn new things has increased. In my 'spiritual' path I do not feel any need to defend, be fanatical or rigid. Allowing the Love within to truly fill up all the dark spaces and being more able to act in love and wisdom towards others. The meditational work that we do in our coursework has made a very deep impression in my heart and mind and I am finding it easier and more delightful to appreciate the Source that is magically alive in me.
Carmen
Posted 8/31/2006 12:13 PM (#850 - in reply to #660)

As I gradually became more spiritual, I started feeling more and more patient, calm and understanding. I never complained anymore - I was happy with what I had, I never asked for more. My friends noticed the changes in me and told me I smiled much more often. And, being a shy kid at school, I took advantage of it. I started observing others in the school yard, how they acted. Not just what you'd see by a short glance, but how they really were. It’s hiding behind a camouflage made out of make-up, fashion clothes and weird talking-ways. I used to judge them, roll my eyes and say that they were pathetic the way the acted. I didn't do that anymore. I knew it was their ways of surviving, keeping a high rank, their ways of catching attention. I accepted it, because I knew that for some years ago I had used the same technique. I knew exactly how they were thinking. Alas, it may be … Well, ‘different’, but as I was in the same position I know exactly how it is. It's a sort of instinct.
What I also noticed was that my intelligence grew rapidly. I was already amongst the top students in the class, but now I was above even that. You can understand why I was happy?
Things seemed to be going my way all the time - I kept a positive attitude and an alert watch, and soon I began seeing the world as it really is. I got real yoga lessons at a person whom I met under a long period of mental illness: she was massaging me, and as she did we began talking; I told her that I missed the magic in the real world, that I kept living apart from it and settling myself in dream worlds and books. 'No magic?' she had said and laughed. She is the one who taught me how the magic is much greater in the real world than in the books and imagination. She made me understand much. As I told her about my life I had lived till now we both became surprised by the likenesses, and her exact words were 'This meeting must have been destiny. And I don't even believe in that sort of destiny!' I liked her very much - I'm glad she became my yoga instructor.
Spirituality did also strengthen my self-discipline. I'm actually proud to say that the strictest boss I've ever had is myself! At the same time as I had better control over myself, I knew what I needed. I learned following my heart - something that probably is one of the most important things I've ever learned in view of spirituality.
I know there is much more to learn and that I still have a long path to walk, but I'm looking very forward to the journey I’m facing. I thank myself for discovering spirituality - it's one of the best things that has ever happened to me.