Need Help Using the Forum?
Laura Phillips
Posted 6/20/2006 10:09 PM (#598)
Subject: Need Help Using the Forum?

Ask any questions about using the UMS forums by creating new threads here.

-----
Zy Danielson
Webmaster

Need Help Using the Forum?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
debbiek
Posted 2/6/2008 11:41 AM (#3619 - in reply to #598)
Subject: RE: Need Help Using the Forum?

hello I'm new and wondering....How do I change my password?
Teri
Posted 9/1/2008 11:50 PM (#9910 - in reply to #598)

Student

I would love it if someone, anyone, could please tell me how to get my pictures to upload to my profile. Every time I try to do it, I get a page cannot be displayed error message and have to refresh the page. That only puts me right back where I started.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Teri
Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2008 1:09 AM (#9913 - in reply to #598)

PhD Alumni

I was able to put mine on by placing the graphic (photo) onto photobucket.com or any photo holding website (facebook, fotki, etc). Then just click on the image htmp, copy the link, and paste it right in the photo html area.

Another problem some photos have a hard time uploading is they are just too big in size. This forum only has so much space so a limit in size that it has to hold for everyone is small. That is why I just used the link off photobucket, which is free and easy to use. Photobucket is the easiest to me. Others may feel differently.

I hope that helps!

Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2008 1:12 AM (#9915 - in reply to #3619)

PhD Alumni

debbiek - 2/6/2008 11:41 AMhello I'm new and wondering....How do I change my password?

That one is a very simple one. Just click on "control panel" (towards the upper right corner)

Once that opens, it will have a place right on top left corner to fill in new password. You will have to type it twice.... then click submit. Your done.

Next time you log in, you will need to use that new password.

I hope that helps~
Teri
Posted 9/2/2008 12:44 PM (#9927 - in reply to #9913)

Student

Supernatural3 - 9/1/2008 10:09 PM

I was able to put mine on by placing the graphic (photo) onto photobucket.com or any photo holding website (facebook, fotki, etc). Then just click on the image htmp, copy the link, and paste it right in the photo html area.

Another problem some photos have a hard time uploading is they are just too big in size. This forum only has so much space so a limit in size that it has to hold for everyone is small. That is why I just used the link off photobucket, which is free and easy to use. Photobucket is the easiest to me. Others may feel differently.

I hope that helps!

Thank you! That really does help alot! I will try your suggestions.

Thanks again,

Teri
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/2/2008 6:23 PM (#9932 - in reply to #598)

Alumni

Thanks Jill! I really appreciate your knowledge and assistance!
jewelz
Posted 5/23/2009 5:11 PM (#14923 - in reply to #598)

New user

I am new on here and not sure what I am doing, do we have a profile page or something similar, could anybody help plz
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/23/2009 6:02 PM (#14925 - in reply to #14923)

PhD Alumni

Profile page in the registration section.

Various threads have given opportunity to speak of oneself.

My home PC is busted so can only type briefly ... more to follow ....

.... can only type a few lines at a time - otherwise PC zones out -

Interesting as I have a huge conflict in my work, to do with bullying, and I am beginning to wonder if it is sensing its way into my posting, or my reticence of same x

Hello there, Marsha Z - you have logged on as I am posting on and off - lovely to see you here

Jewelz - if I could trust the PC to search back , I would do this, but since I cannot, click on 'Search', then, 'All Threads', then you should come up with various titles that might be of interest - will speak more on Tuesday ( I am in London = web-site, www.wlm.org.uk, the go to staff section, social work, paul thompson )

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/23/2009 6:08 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/23/2009 7:20 PM (#14928 - in reply to #14925)

PhD Alumni

Hiya Jewelz

just in case of difficulty:

http://www.wlm.org.uk/who.htm
Supernatural3
Posted 5/23/2009 9:51 PM (#14931 - in reply to #598)

PhD Alumni

There is a section where each user can enter their own info for fellow forum users. You can find this under "Control Panel" in upper right corner. Once there, you can place a link for other users to be able to find your website or what ever you care to share about yourself. It's not a lot, but it's something.

You can also place links in your signature area. That way people do not have to go to your profile if they want to find out more about you. Or, if you choose to remain private, you can choose not to disclose any info.

I personally place a ton of info about me, because I do not care if people know how to find me. I am a business woman, so I like being found. - I also have a 9mm and a shovel, and know how to use them both.  *giggles* just kidding.... I saw that off a movie I liked... I quote a lot of movies.

Love the profile page Paul.... NICE!

Blessings and Welcome~

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2009 8:23 AM (#14936 - in reply to #14931)

PhD Alumni

Hellooo Jillifer; thanx & have a nice day too x