Frequently Asked Questions
Laura Phillips
Posted 6/20/2006 10:06 PM (#597)
Subject: Frequently Asked Questions

Many of our potential students have the same questions, so there is a compiled list of these questions at http://www.umsonline.org/FAQ.htm if you want to look there.

If you have specific questions about UMS that you would like to ask, they may get answered here once or twice a month, but we don't monitor the discussion board consistently or answer questions here in a timely fashion since we do not have the time necessary to monitor the discussion board every day.

If you want immediate answers to your questions, please contact us directly by emailing us at info@umsonline.org or through our contact page, http://umsonline.org/OnlineForms/contact.htm

You can also call us on the phone during business hours at 707-822-2111.

Blessings!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
praveena.sanjay
Posted 4/10/2007 1:27 AM (#1674 - in reply to #597)
Subject: RE: Frequently Asked Questions

I wish to enroll for the Ph.D degree thru UMS. I reside in India. Could you pls suggest how the whole course is like and how useful it has been.
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/10/2007 3:42 PM (#1677 - in reply to #1674)

Alumni

Hello, Welcome to the discussion board  and thank you for your interest in the University. We are blessed to have students from all over the world enrolled in UMS. Most of these students choose to enroll as Internet students as it saves time and money for postage. You would be able to save your course materials to your computer or to a disk.

The University does require that all incoming students enroll in the Bachelor's level. The low tuition covers the cost of all three degrees, Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D. There are about 50 courses in the Bachelor's level, all have simple examinations, some have experiential meditations. There are about 30 courses in the Master's level. Upon completing the Master's level you will be a registered reverend or minister through the Universal Chiurch of Metaphysics.

The courses are designed to give the student a broad understanding of metaphysical subjects as well as for the personal development of the student through self-inquiry and introspection.

Please visit our website for a fuller description of the course offerings of the University. You may also contact us through email with your questions at umsfaculty@yahoo.com  Thanks for joining us, we look forward to interesting discussions in the forum!

mruppert
Posted 6/5/2007 12:07 AM (#1971 - in reply to #597)

Hello to the Moderators:
I had written a rather explanatory email as to my question, but, thanks to Comcast and/or Comcats, the email disappeared.....I don't know if the cats caused the reboot or if Comcast did...the Comcats stay close to me because they like(?) my company, Comcast stays close because they like my money for their overpriced internet service. Enough sillyness, on to my question:
As I explained in the non existent email, I have grown very serious about this website and UMS; I have learned a lot and have been enriched by it. More than several times, I have been tempted to enroll as a student. What holds me back?
I like science first, as I believe it is the key to explaining many phenomena, if we only get past the traditions of science, and explore that which is unexplored, or poorly understood. I wrote a long argument as to the validity of healing via the understanding of the quanta. New thought on quantum mechanics, quantum chemistry, and quantum evolution have changed the rigidity of science. Several physicists have emboldened me to challenge Einsteins view of time ( you can find much of this in Michael Talbot's book "The Holographic Universe" ), which, I believe, only touches the surface of the cosmic "order" if you will allow that expression. And, I wrote much about "religious experience" versus "religion"...two completely DIFFERENT things.
My question then is "Would I fit in as a student at UMS?" Would there be a place for my, sometimes, lengthy and complicated explanations of why things work? Why does meditation work? Why do chakras have significance? Why do dreams foretell the future? Why do tarot cards have the mystery that they do? Why do people see ghosts? Why does astrology so accurately say that I am a Virgo, exhibiting the very traits that I am exhibiting now? How would I structure my study? What would I write about to earn an advanced degree?
With great sincereity,
Marty
P.S. I say this with all honesty.....and surrounded by almost 3000 books, yes, every room has floor to ceiling bookcases, most of which I have read, some are waiting to be read....and my three remaining cats (my fourth, Girly Sue, died in January, 2007 at the age of 20..a mere youngster, compared to my previous older cat, Inkspot, who died at 30 human years old) I am truly feeling LOST, I no longer know what to do in the absence of being able to do what I want to do.
Tracy Martin
Posted 6/7/2007 5:41 PM (#1997 - in reply to #597)

Alumni

I have replied, somewhat inadequately, to your post in your discussion board inbox.
Laura Phillips
Posted 8/11/2007 6:15 PM (#2509 - in reply to #597)

I would say you would fit in great as a student if you have all those interests! You're among a lot of people who have the same fascinations! And you seem to have quite an inquiring and inquisitive mind and you can think clearly about spiritual matters. I'd say you're a shoe-in!