* A Master expresses and is sensitive to beauty in all forms.
* A Master never directs attention to himself. He is egoless.
* A Master has respect for all members of the Nature kingdoms.
* A Master’s very presence radiates power.
* Unconditional love is a basic quality of a Master. A Master never judges,
is always impersonal, detached and yet compassionate.
* A true Master is a Master of Wisdom. His understanding of life and Cosmic
laws far exceeds those of the average person.
* A Master, though possessing some or all spiritual and psychic powers renounces
their use except for emergencies and urgencies. He, therefore will hardly
ever reveal to anyone that he has them.
* A Master never commands he simply suggests, he never instills fear but
awakens courage. He never makes you feel bad about yourself; on the contrary,
he helps you build self-esteem.
* As a rule, a Master never predicts a person’s future and he never
flatters the human ego.
* A Master will always lead and direct you to the ultimate goal. Though
he may teach the lower laws, truths and forces applicable to the improvement
of mundane life, he will not place too much emphasis upon them, instructing
that the phenomenal world is nothing but a dream and is illusory from the
* A Master seldom speaks of his past, himself, his background, etc., unless
it is pertinent and useful as illustrations in the conveyance of spiritual
teachings to others.
* A Master is universal and non-sectarian in his attitudes. He sees all
men as an expression of the Supreme, regardless of their religious leanings,
their color, race, sex, etc.
* A true Master is creatively original. Being enlightened by his own divine
essence a Master would teach or even write books directly from his heart
and own experience. He would never plagiarize the work of another or teach
things that are outmoded.
* Masters do not argue. They know that no amount of argument would convince
the skeptic, and to those who are true seekers no argument would be necessary.
* A Master embodies most, if not all, of the divine virtues.
* Although compassionate, a Master never sympathize with the feelings of
the human ego for he does not recognize imperfection. He is simply aware
of the perfection of God indwelling in the divine spark within microcosmic
* A Master has no longer any egoic desires, he no longer functions from
the personality level; he has long given up his human will in favor of the
expression of the Divine Will of God.
* A true Master does not hasten a student’s psychic growth prematurely
by any “transference” of power. He always predominately concentrates
upon raising the consciousness, improving character, spirituality, and increasing
the wisdom and the understanding of his students.
* A Master never judges the outer person of others but looks into the depths
of their soul for value.
* A Master never makes others feel guilty in any way.
* Although detached, impersonal, and sometimes seemingly aloof, a Master
is full of affection for his chelas (students).
* A Master appreciates every small service that is offered to him and the
great work of manifesting the Divine Plan.
Perhaps one of the most outstanding and admirable characteristics of Spiritual
Masters is that they do not consider themselves Masters. This is their
humility. They know that they still have a considerable amount of things
to master and learn. They are so aware that they are still undergoing
the learning process that they are embarrassed to call themselves “Masters”
or have anyone else call them that. In performing their divine and spiritual
duties Spiritual Masters declare: “It is not I that works but the
‘Father’ within me.”
Visit the Christine Breese website to read articles on consciousness and awakening, visit University of Metaphysical Sciences Video Satsangs to see talks on spiritual subjects. Read articles on Wisdom of the Heart Church. Visit Starlight Journal for blogs, newsletter, and forums on spiritual subjects. Visit Christine Breese's Metaphysical Sciences youtube channel to view free video satsangs.